Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests

Movie Cast Discussion

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Movie Cast Discussion
Post by KoolBak   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:28 am

KoolBak
Midshipman

I am new here so I apologize in advance if this thread has been disussed elsewhere...I did not find one in a quick search.....

I recently discovered this series and am 2 books from the end....family pissed at me, etc ...lol...Love it!!

As to the movie announcement...I honestly see potential in this similar to star wars or star trek assuming it's executed well.....I also see the possibility for a complete flop if it follows the example of Battlefield Earth, for example....my favorite book of all time anhd an absolutely abysmal movie.

Anyone have ideas for Honor? I just hope to god they don't even CONSIDER Angelina Jolie...pleeeaase!!

Thanks for your time...I look forward to this site ;o)
Re: Movie Cast Discussion
Post by namelessfly   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:35 pm

namelessfly

I guessIng will have to forgive you for being enamored with the novel Battlefield Earth.

Angelina Jolene is hot, but she is already to long in the tooth to play Honor and Ibreally do not like her acting.

I too see the Honor Harrington series becoming an Iconic franc his to follow up on Star Wars and Star Trek.

Given the increasing cost effectiveness of CGI, I also see the potential of far more classic Sci Fi novels becoming movies as an alternative to Hollywood squandering $$$$ to make their own schlock. To be blunt, I would never read Star Trek or Star Wars books unless I was EXTREMELY desperate.

My list of hoped for movies include Ringworld and The Mote In God's Eye.

KoolBak wrote:I am new here so I apologize in advance if this thread has been disussed elsewhere...I did not find one in a quick search.....

I recently discovered this series and am 2 books from the end....family pissed at me, etc ...lol...Love it!!

As to the movie announcement...I honestly see potential in this similar to star wars or star trek assuming it's executed well.....I also see the possibility for a complete flop if it follows the example of Battlefield Earth, for example....my favorite book of all time anhd an absolutely abysmal movie.

Anyone have ideas for Honor? I just hope to god they don't even CONSIDER Angelina Jolie...pleeeaase!!

Post by KNick   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:13 pm

KNick
Admiral

KoolBak wrote:I am new here so I apologize in advance if this thread has been disussed elsewhere...I did not find one in a quick search.....

So you've read all 28 books in the series in the recent past? Not bad for a newcomer. Welcome to the forums. I hope we can help you enjoy the books more. As for actors to play Honor, there are a couple of threads on the topic.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by Northstar   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:22 pm

Northstar
Rear Admiral

oops mistake I do not know how to make disappear. sorry. :ugeek:
Last edited by Northstar on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Northstar   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Northstar
Rear Admiral

namelessfly wrote:I guessIng will have to forgive you for being enamored with the novel Battlefield Earth.

Angelina Jolene is hot, but she is already to long in the tooth to play Honor and Ibreally do not like her acting.

I too see the Honor Harrington series becoming an Iconic franc his to follow up on Star Wars and Star Trek.

Given the increasing cost effectiveness of CGI, I also see the potential of far more classic Sci Fi novels becoming movies as an alternative to Hollywood squandering $$$$ to make their own schlock. To be blunt, I would never read Star Trek or Star Wars books unless I was EXTREMELY desperate.

A second vote for The Mote in God's Eye. Terrific book.

I want Tim Burton to do Scalzi's Agent to the Stars. :P The book is completely and deliciously absurd. And someone with a wicked sense of humor to do something with James White's Sector General books. Preferably playing it straight ala Dr Kildare or emergency room melodramas... but with White's menagerie of oddball aliens and humans as staff and patients. :D There isn't enough scifi fun in movieland.

It will make a nice contrast to those awesome HH war flick milscifi blockbusters. :D
Post by KNick   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:40 pm

KNick
Admiral

namelessfly wrote:<<SNIP>>

<<SNIP>>

I didn't think that even in desperation you would sink that low, nameless. I avoid that section of the Sci-Fi aisle at the local bookstores. If I get that needy, I go back to something I read ten or more years ago. Of course, I have the advantage of having a couple of extra rooms to turn into libraries, so I have plenty of shelf space.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by Werrf   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Werrf
Vice Admiral

Northstar wrote:[
I want Tim Burton to do Scalzi's Agent to the Stars. :P The book is completely and deliciously absurd.

Oh, my, yes! ANY of Scalzi's standalone works would be wonderful to see as a film. I'd also put in a strong vote for Redshirts :)
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Patrick Stewart as Protector Benjamin?
He can do the whole gravitas thing incredibly well due to his past as a Shakespearean actor, a skill that many modern actors seem to have missing from their CV's.
True, he'd need a wig or something, maybe we could get Ian McKellan as Howard Clinkscales... be awesome to see the two of them in another film.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by yannosh   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:57 pm

yannosh
Commander

For some reason I'd much rather see Steward as Bernard Yanakhov. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. It's just one of those things, yaknow?

I kinda like David Zayas for Thomas Ramirez, what do the rest of you think?
And I'm still convinced that Will Wheaton should be Thom Theisman.
=-.--.--.*.--.--.-=

Ceterum censeo Foedam solariam delendam esse.

Even the best in the world cannot measure up to a dozen highly motivated good-enoughs.
Post by saber964   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:08 pm

saber964
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Patrick Stewart as Protector Benjamin?
He can do the whole gravitas thing incredibly well due to his past as a Shakespearean actor, a skill that many modern actors seem to have missing from their CV's.
True, he'd need a wig or something, maybe we could get Ian McKellan as Howard Clinkscales... be awesome to see the two of them in another film.

Patrick Stewart is to old for HoQ if we were talking MoH or ART where Benjamin is 50 T-years old maybe, but in HoQ he is about 30 T-years old.

Return to Honorverse