Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny, tlb and 60 guests

New Manty ship ideas.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New Manty ship ideas.
Post by Uroboros   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Uroboros
Captain (Junior Grade)

Hutch wrote:And I would protest that.

Yes, he irritates me too, albeit I seldom read his posts, relying on the rebuttals to tell me what abomination he has performed.

But he has not done anything I would call a bannable offense-he hasn't cussed folks out, abused the privlege of posting here (by posting non-topic material, spam, etc.), or flooding the Forum with topics (yes, he's started quite a few, but never dominated a page).

Just put him on ignore if he tasks you that much...I simply don't respond.

IMHO as Always. YMMV.

I agree entirely with the sentiment here. He hasn't done anything bannable, except be incredibly annoying. That's not a bannable offense, though. Despite all of that, his topics usually generate a lot of replies and often go off on some fairly interesting tangents.
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Hutch wrote:
drothgery wrote:Though he could ban him ...

And I would protest that.

Yes, he irritates me too, albeit I seldom read his posts, relying on the rebuttals to tell me what abomination he has performed.

But he has not done anything I would call a bannable offense-he hasn't cussed folks out, abused the privlege of posting here (by posting non-topic material, spam, etc.), or flooding the Forum with topics (yes, he's started quite a few, but never dominated a page).

Just put him on ignore if he tasks you that much...I simply don't respond.

IMHO as Always. YMMV.

I agree. Much as I would *like* to see him banned - just on general principles - he really hasn't done anything to require it.
Post by dreamrider   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:04 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:I agree. Much as I would *like* to see him banned - just on general principles - he really hasn't done anything to require it.

Concur. He has a right to be a distressingly young...er...foolish person(no matter what age he is.)

We all were once, to someone. I got punched in the face for it once...when I was 12.

dreamrider
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

drothgery wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:Duckk... I really feel sorry for you since you can't put him on ignore because of your duties here.
Though he could ban him ...

I agree he hasn't done anything bannable, but I wonder if his title could be changed to "1D 10T" :twisted:
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Roguevictory   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Weird Harold wrote:
I agree he hasn't done anything bannable, but I wonder if his title could be changed to "1D 10T" :twisted:

Logically sooner or later he actually will come up with a decent idea, just by generating so many. Whether or not we all die of old age first is the question.
Post by Uroboros   » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:28 pm

Uroboros
Captain (Junior Grade)

Roguevictory wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:

Logically sooner or later he actually will come up with a decent idea, just by generating so many. Whether or not we all die of old age first is the question.

Ah, yes, the old Monkey and Typewriter scenario. Let me know when Shakespeare get written, eh?
Re: AW: New Manty ship ideas.
Post by friessomecircuits   » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:36 am

friessomecircuits
Ensign

Well, trial and Error with stupid ideas are valid in Military research. Look at Germany at the end of the War or the 50s and 60s especially with airplanes. 95% absolutely retarded, dangerous and stupid, but 5% ingenious.
Post by MaxxQ   » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:19 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

friessomecircuits wrote:Well, trial and Error with stupid ideas are valid in Military research. Look at Germany at the end of the War or the 50s and 60s especially with airplanes. 95% absolutely retarded, dangerous and stupid, but 5% ingenious.

Stupid ideas based on the physics of the universe they're set in is fine, and at some point, when shown how their ideas are stupid, or more correctly, won't work in the Honorverse, the person who proposed the idea accepts the corrections made by those here who know better, and moves on.

But when the ideas proposed *don't* work in the Honorverse, and when the proposer ignores the *creator* of the universe when he says "It Can't Be/Won't Be Done That Way", re-proposes the same things over and over - stuff that has been shot full of holes so many times that it makes a screen door look solid - then you get the reaction being shown here.
Post by crewdude48   » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:29 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

MaxxQ wrote:
friessomecircuits wrote:Well, trial and Error with stupid ideas are valid in Military research. Look at Germany at the end of the War or the 50s and 60s especially with airplanes. 95% absolutely retarded, dangerous and stupid, but 5% ingenious.

Stupid ideas based on the physics of the universe they're set in is fine, and at some point, when shown how their ideas are stupid, or more correctly, won't work in the Honorverse, the person who proposed the idea accepts the corrections made by those here who know better, and moves on.

But when the ideas proposed *don't* work in the Honorverse, and when the proposer ignores the *creator* of the universe when he says "It Can't Be/Won't Be Done That Way", re-proposes the same things over and over - stuff that has been shot full of holes so many times that it makes a screen door look solid - then you get the reaction being shown here.

My favorite part is when he takes something that has already been destroyed, and uses it as the base on which his next idea rests, as if it is now canon.
Post by MaxxQ   » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:41 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

crewdude48 wrote:
My favorite part is when he takes something that has already been destroyed, and uses it as the base on which his next idea rests, as if it is now canon.

His habit of doing that, as well as not even responding to people who point out where he's wrong (or stupid) is what leads me to believe he's just a simple troll.

Subtle, but still simple.

Return to Honorverse