Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

Back from LA with Honorverse move news

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Back from LA with Honorverse move news
Post by SaganamiFan   » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:31 pm

SaganamiFan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Well, from a few inquiries in teh interwebz, it looks like 'Walking with Dinosaurs 3D' is a critical bomb. (box office to early to tell)

Wonder if this is gonna have consequences for where Evergreen is going...
Post by clancy688   » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:36 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

SaganamiFan wrote:Well, from a few inquiries in teh interwebz, it looks like 'Walking with Dinosaurs 3D' is a critical bomb. (box office to early to tell)

I've only seen the German trailer. And it was awfull. Not technically, but rather conceptually. Speaking, foolish, clumsy dinosaurs. Are you kidding me?

Either make a frivolous, full fledged animated family movie like Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks etc. are doing. OR make a proper documentary. But THAT... is horse-shit. Or rather dinosaur-shit.
Post by waddles for desert   » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:37 pm

waddles for desert
Admiral

Reviews are consistent.

Great visually.

Dialogue was tacked on late in production to hold the attention of younger kids and was not done well.
Post by clancy688   » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:42 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

waddles for desert wrote:Dialogue was tacked on late in production to hold the attention of younger kids and was not done well.

By whom? Evergreen or BBC?
Post by Spence   » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Spence
Midshipman

It only released Friday (yesterday). Far too soon to even think about the numbers. Besides, it is an CGI film and from the looks E did their part perfectly. If the failure is the dialog and such, that would fall on the director.

But then Pacific Rim is still decried as a failure, even though its theater take exceeded $407 million. There have been several movies to be lukewarm in the US, but do very well worldwide.

Just my opinion, but the part of the movie that will actually be made by E is the effects side and from the looks they did a good job.
Post by Gwapo   » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Gwapo
Midshipman

David,

I noted that you mentioned "Mike is really excited about doing genuine fleet engagements, although given the relatively small number of ships involved in HotQ, the kind of fleet engagements he really wants to do — a solid wall of superdreadnoughts belching missiles at its opponent — are going to be harder to come by in the first movie." Does this mean you signed a multi movie deal ?

Gwapo
Post by SWM   » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:53 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Gwapo wrote:David,

I noted that you mentioned "Mike is really excited about doing genuine fleet engagements, although given the relatively small number of ships involved in HotQ, the kind of fleet engagements he really wants to do — a solid wall of superdreadnoughts belching missiles at its opponent — are going to be harder to come by in the first movie." Does this mean you signed a multi movie deal ?

Gwapo

You may wan to go to the top of this forum, and look at the subforum titled Evergreen. There you will find lots of information about the movie plans, along with other associated projects like the comic book and mobile game which are intended to promote it.

In answer to your question, my understanding is the contract has the option for more movies, and they hope to do so if the first one is successful.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine

Return to Honorverse