Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests

Treecat Jobs

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Treecat Jobs
Post by pokermind   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:14 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

All new 'Cat-a-matic it slices it dices, it turns your attackers into a pile of not so clean bones!

:lol: Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by timmopussycat   » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:45 am

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

dscott8 wrote:
I'd like to hire a treecat to ride my shoulder during negotiations to purchase a new car.

What if the salesman has one on his shoulder?
Post by timmopussycat   » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:55 am

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

cthia wrote:Drummer.
Keyboardist.
Guitarist.

Not keyboardist, the cats' arms are too short. Guitars and drum sets could be downsized but keyboards can't be. And what kind of havoc would a treecat's claws wreak on strings? But textev gives us this interesting possibility in AoV:

Honor had never considered it before, but . . .
she had a sudden mental image of Nimitz officiating over a treecat psych-rock concert and felt his laughter shaking his entire body on her shoulder as he shared it with her.
Last edited by timmopussycat on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post by Hutch   » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

timmopussycat wrote:
dscott8 wrote:
I'd like to hire a treecat to ride my shoulder during negotiations to purchase a new car.

Nah, treecats have some standards of morality, you know... :mrgreen: 8-)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by saber964   » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:40 pm

saber964
Admiral

Here's a good giggle. Imagine a politician giving a stump speech in the town of Twin Forks. S/He couldn't lie s/he would have to be absolutely honest from all the treecats in the audience signing. (he's full of more $hit than a constipated Death Fang)

Could you imagine the Manticorian parliament with treecats as members of both the Lord's and Commons.
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:53 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

but would a treecat adopt a politician?

politics is supposed to be abut compromise not something treecat's are noted for. yes they have a tolerance for "two leg stupidity" but give how many two-faced and corrupt people get involved in politics the adoptee would spend most their time trying to stop the treecat from carving the corrupt ones into little pieces.

while in general i would have no issue with these method of oversight i can see it getting the cat's and their human partners in trouble.
Post by niethil   » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:10 am

niethil
Commander

Dauntless wrote:but would a treecat adopt a politician?

politics is supposed to be abut compromise not something treecat's are noted for. yes they have a tolerance for "two leg stupidity" but give how many two-faced and corrupt people get involved in politics the adoptee would spend most their time trying to stop the treecat from carving the corrupt ones into little pieces.

while in general i would have no issue with these method of oversight i can see it getting the cat's and their human partners in trouble.

Counter-exemple : the Winton familly may not stand far behind the Harrington familly in number of adoptees through the centuries, I believe. And they've ALL been politicians.

And I get the impression that Treecats are much more likely to compromise than humans.
-------------
'Oh, oh' he said in English. Evidently, he had completely mastered that language.
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:10 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

the winton family are rulers, which involves politics, nor politicians per se but I understand your point
Post by saber964   » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:42 pm

saber964
Admiral

niethil wrote:
Dauntless wrote:but would a treecat adopt a politician?

Counter-exemple : the Winton familly may not stand far behind the Harrington familly in number of adoptees through the centuries, I believe. And they've ALL been politicians.

And I get the impression that Treecats are much more likely to compromise than humans.

Well Hamish is was a politician and was adopted. Plus how many Sphinx based members of parliament do you think there might be. Like the unseen but mentioned Grand Duchess of Sphinx or the hypothetical Twin Forks, Thunder River and Green Bottom MP's or the Duke/Duchess of Shadow Vale or whomever is the current Baron(ess) Zivonik. They all could be adopted.
Post by dscott8   » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:14 pm

dscott8
Commodore

timmopussycat wrote:
dscott8 wrote:

I wouldn't mind being honest with him if I knew he was being honest with me. In fact, if treecats want jobs, I suspect that business negotiators of all sorts would sign them up.

I also think they'd do well teaming up with marriage counselors.

Return to Honorverse