Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

What's next?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.

Would you like to know David's proposed Honorverse schedule for the next current time line books??

yes
92%
no
No votes
no opinion
8%

Total votes : 26

What's next?
Post by pokermind   » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:50 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Hi all,

I suspect the next current story line book will be David & Eric's Cauldron of Ghosts and David mentioned two more BuNine compendiums are in the works in his Polish interview last summer but, nothing further. I sent the following to runsforcelery:

pokermind wrote:Over on Baen's Bar Honorverse:

gottlieb wrote:
As long as we don't have another At All Costs to Storm From The Shadows gap ...

I have not seen anything about stories in the "present time" Honorverse beyond the David Weber-Eric Flint collaboration. Some insight would be nice.

-- Bob G

My latest joke in Honorverse Humor or lack thereof touches on this and you haven't posted on Honorverse since IIRC October. Just added a topic quoting this message and, suggesting others ask, http://forums.davidweber.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4083. So how is Eric Flint coming with Cauldron of Ghosts? Are you starting the next mainline or shadow book? Inquiring minds other than mine want to know. So please answer on Honorverse and I'll copy post to the bar.

Pretty please with chocolate syrup and diced pecans on top.

Poker

Perhaps if enough of us ask he will answer, the squeaky wheel gets the grease you know. For those too timid to write David add your pleas in this topic.

Image <Come on two-legs Image with the problem of lack of information!>

Poker & Mange

Edited as I edited PM to include link to this topic chicken and kinda thing you know.
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Re: What's next?
Post by Aleyoops   » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Aleyoops
Commander

Lets keep this thread at the top so more fans will vote and put the pressure on. :-)
Post by John Prigent   » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:34 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

I simply have to say 'yes'. I'm 73 this year and I'd like to think I'll see at least another two or three books,but.....

Cheers

John
Post by Northstar   » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Northstar
Rear Admiral

John Prigent wrote:I simply have to say 'yes'. I'm 73 this year and I'd like to think I'll see at least another two or three books,but.....

Cheers

John

Oh well.. Heaven wouldn't be Heaven without the latest Honorverse offering so we're all covered...or so I hope :-)
Post by JohnRoth   » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:27 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Well, if you want a guess, I'll admit to not having one. The deafening silence around Cauldron of Ghosts, combined with the actual (Gasp!) cliff-hanger ending of Shadow of Freedom makes me suspect that Cauldron has been delayed to the next tranch.

Which book in the three will be out first? I have no idea. I do have an amusing thought, though: the Torch and Talbot Sector books could be combined: suggested title: Shadow of Torch. Although I liked someone else's suggestion: Shadow of the Tar Pit.

The Haven Sector book will almost certainly contain the Battle of Beowulf. I wonder if the Mandarins will code name the operation Grendel.

As far as other books? We know that Timothy Zahn's first spin-off novel is scheduled for early (?) next year, and there might be another Honorverse Companion, depending on how sales of this one work out. Whether there will be more Star Kingdom YA novels is something I haven't a clue on: the original contract was for three.

Return to Honorverse