Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], petercharters, The E and 8 guests

Merging the books

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Merging the books
Post by ColinBlair   » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:38 pm

ColinBlair
Midshipman

Is there a guide somewhere to combine the last several Weber and Flint books into a single linear superbook?
Re: Merging the books
Post by Spacekiwi   » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

ColinBlair wrote:Is there a guide somewhere to combine the last several Weber and Flint books into a single linear superbook?

Welcome to the forums Colin. Hope you have fun around here. :D

And yes there sort of is, but the books dont quite line up into a super book. they are sort of offset, so there are some interlaps. Someone had made it about a month or so back, but its buried in the forums past now, probably about 6 or so pages back.

Anyone remember the thread, or how they linked?
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by Relax   » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Relax
Vice Admiral

I believe what he means is which chapters of which book in order creating one monster book.

Spacekiwi wrote:
ColinBlair wrote:Is there a guide somewhere to combine the last several Weber and Flint books into a single linear superbook?

Welcome to the forums Colin. Hope you have fun around here. :D

And yes there sort of is, but the books dont quite line up into a super book. they are sort of offset, so there are some interlaps. Someone had made it about a month or so back, but its buried in the forums past now, probably about 6 or so pages back.

Anyone remember the thread, or how they linked?
Post by Spacekiwi   » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Relax wrote:I believe what he means is which chapters of which book in order creating one monster book.

thats what i meant. someone (forget who) has actually done this and posted it on here.cant remember if they included shadow of freedom though, but they included all the others.
`

Post by JohnRoth   » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:34 am

JohnRoth
Rear Admiral

Spacekiwi wrote:
Relax wrote:I believe what he means is which chapters of which book in order creating one monster book.

thats what i meant. someone (forget who) has actually done this and posted it on here.cant remember if they included shadow of freedom though, but they included all the others.

I don't remember seeing a complete list. I do remember the discussion, and I posted one month of my chapter-by-chapter consolidated list with an offer to post the whole thing, but nobody took me up on it. If someone did post the entire consolidated list I'd certainly like to see it - I'm sure my list hasn't synched things exactly right.

Here's one month:

1922/05

SoF-17 . . Mobius . . May Massacre. They send a message to Spindle via Montana on a courier that’s checking on possible trade in Montanan beef.
MoH-41.1 . Mesa . . . Detweiller gives out the plan for the next steps.
MoH-41.2 . Manticore Elizabeth III prepares for disaster footing.
MoH-42. . .Trevor’s Star President Pritchert leads peace effort through Trevor's Star.
MoH-43. . .Manticore Real peace conference, briefing, final handshake agreement, Haven will supply fleet to reinforce Manticore against Filaretta.
ART-10.1 . Manticore .Peace conference.
ART-10.2 . Beowulf . .News of the alliance and reasons reaches Beowulf Central Intelligence, the Director of Central Intelligence briefs the Chairman.
ART-11 . . Manticore 7 days after arrival, Elizabeth and Eloise finish the draft treaty to be submitted to Parliament and Congress. The debate begins.
Post by pokermind   » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

<Ugh, John, "MoH-42. . .Trevor’s Star President Pritchert leads peace effort through Trevor's Star," should have been "MoH-42. . .Haven’s President Pritchert leads peace effort through Trevor's Star." Your point a lot happens fast but, you neglected the reason; the spies' and defector's report that the Mesaian Alignment is the main enemy, the one sending the nanite assassins and, thus prompting the Grand Alliance in a short period of time.>

Mange AKA Snarks at Admirals Image

JohnRoth wrote:
Spacekiwi wrote:

"Relax wrote "I believe what he means is which chapters of which book in order creating one monster book."

I don't remember seeing a complete list. I do remember the discussion, and I posted one month of my chapter-by-chapter consolidated list with an offer to post the whole thing, but nobody took me up on it. If someone did post the entire consolidated list I'd certainly like to see it - I'm sure my list hasn't synched things exactly right.

Here's one month:

1922/05

SoF-17 . . Mobius . . May Massacre. They send a message to Spindle via Montana on a courier that’s checking on possible trade in Montanan beef.
MoH-42. . .Trevor’s Star President Pritchert leads peace effort through Trevor's Star.
MoH-43. . .Manticore Real peace conference, briefing, final handshake agreement, Haven will supply fleet to reinforce Manticore against Filaretta.
ART-10.2 . Beowulf . .News of the alliance and reasons reaches Beowulf Central Intelligence, the Director of Central Intelligence briefs the Chairman.
ART-11 . . Manticore 7 days after arrival, Elizabeth and Eloise finish the draft treaty to be submitted to Parliament and Congress. The debate begins.
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by JohnRoth   » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:52 pm

JohnRoth
Rear Admiral

pokermind wrote:<Ugh, John, "MoH-42. . .Trevor’s Star President Pritchert leads peace effort through Trevor's Star," should have been "MoH-42. . .Haven’s President Pritchert leads peace effort through Trevor's Star." Your point a lot happens fast but, you neglected the reason; the spies' and defector's report that the Mesaian Alignment is the main enemy, the one sending the nanite assassins and, thus prompting the Grand Alliance in a short period of time.>

Mange AKA Snarks at Admirals Image

JohnRoth wrote:

Here's one month:

1922/05

I forgot to mention that the notes on each date were written to jog my memory of what was going on in a chapter, not for general consumption. If I was going to dump it somewhere, like on one of the Wikis, I'd expect an edit frenzy (or at least a couple of edits.)
Post by JohnRoth   » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 am

JohnRoth
Rear Admiral

Weber Consolidated Timeline - By John Roth

NOTE - this was originally done for my own purposes; a lot of the notes on each date/chapter may not mean a whole lot to anyone other than myself. I'm also not all that sure of some of the alignments - there's one month that appears, at least at first glance, to be about 7 weeks long when you put the books together.

The formatting in my original is in sort-of-nice columns, unfortunately HTML collapses runs of spaces, so the columns that isolate where each chapter is located got smashed in with the rest of the stuff.

Enjoy.

Older Stuff:

1 pd = 2103 ce Prometheus leaves Solar System (generation ship)

305 - cryogenic hybernation

3xx pd - cryogenic ships

725 pd - first crude hyperdrive

731 pd - hyper log

775 pd - Jason departs Sol system for Manticore system (cryogenic sublight ship)

1246 pd - impeller drive (Beowulf) (energy siphon effect)

1276 - Warshawski Sail (sail provides power from inside a grav wave.)

1384 pd - intertial compensator

1416 pd - Jason arrives at Manticore.

1447 pd - first wormhole junction discovered (or is just the first wormhole?)

1502 pd - countergravity generator (Anderson Shipbuilding, New Glasgow)

1581 pd - internal gravity for ships with internal compensators.

1585 pd - Manticore Wormhole Junction discovered.

Timeline

Note - dates from SoS (Shadow of Saganami) are from infodump.thefifthimperium.com. some of these may actually be from AAC.

1918/08

SotS Tiberian Battle of Refuge (Aug 2) (date from Info)

1918/12

SotS Manticore HMS Gauntlet returns from Tiberian (date from Info)
SotS Manticore Abigail Hearns awarded Conspicuous Gallantry Medal and sworn in as an officer by Steadholder Harrington.

1919/07

WoH? Sidemore Admiral Harrington deploys to Sidemore Station (7/27 - Info)

1919/08

CoS Torch Torch liberated from Manpower (8/20 - Info)

1919/10

CoS Torch Berry Zilwiki crowned Queen of Torch

1919/11

ToF-1. Smoking Frog - Discussion between Baraggos and Rozak about various things. They decide to build their own fleet.
ToF-2. Smoking Frog - Discussion with staff.
ToF-3. Torch Cathy Montaigne takes her leave of Torch.
ToF-4. Torch after Cathy leaves. Intimation that Manpower isn’t quite what they think it is.
WoH-54-57 Everywhere Operation Thunderbolt
SoS - 11/10, Haven. Operation Thunderbolt launches (WoH-54) (11/10 - Info)

1920/01

WoH-58 Marsh Second Battle of Marsh (1/17 - Info)

1920/02/01

WoH-59 Manticore Harrington returns to Manticore

1920/01

ToF-5. Mesa Zack and Jack McBryde have a talk about Verdant Vista
ToF-6. Mesa Herlander Simoes gets some possibly bad news about his adopted daughter, Francisca.
ToF-7. Torch Ruth, Anton and Victor continue finding discrepancies.

1920/06

SoS.? Manticore, 6/12. Terekhov assigned to Hexapuma
SoS.1. Manticore. The 411 Graduating class at Saganami Island views Admiral Saganami’s last battle. (Harrington “newly reactivated 8th fleet”.)
SoS.2. Hephastus Station. Helen Zilwiki and Abigail Hearns are headed for their new assignments on the just commissioned ship Hexapuma.
SoS.3 Mantacore.Hexapuma. The midshipmen arrive on board, and are welcomed by Chief Engineer Ginger Lewis.
SoS.4. Mantacore.Hexapuma. Captain Terehkov’s staff meeting with his officers.
SoS.5. Meyers Discussion between Mesan agents Bardasano and Anisimovna with Frontier Security
Commissioner Verrochio and staff about how to deal with the Manticore annexation of the Talbot cluster. After the discusion, the Mesan contingent decides to approach President Tyler of Monica and TIY (Technodyne Industries of Yildun).

1920/07

? Alizon Alizon raid (6/1 - Info)
SoS.6. Hexapuma. The snotties do a simulation. The after-action report isn’t pretty. The nickname Nasty Kitty is mentioned.
SoS.7. Kornati. “Firebrand” recruits Agnes Nordbrandt for terrorist operations, and also mentions Westman on Montana.
SoS.8.1 Hexapuma. Discussion between FitzGerald and Kaplan about how Abigail is shaping up. “Nasty Kitty” gets mentioned. It’s a week after they arrived, and departure is in two days, moved up from the previous date.
SoS.8.2 Lynx (7/19 - Info)) Hexapuma makes transit to Lynx.

1920/08

SoS.9.1 Hexapuma. Dinner with the captain. Over 2 weeks out of the terminus, and less than 3 days from Spindle. Briefing. The nickname “Nasty Kitty” is bestowed.
SoS.9.2 Hexapuma. Discussion in Snotty Row. Helen tells the sanitized and expurgated story of the takeover of Torch.
SoS.10.1 Montana. Westman does a little bit of an object lesson.
SoS.10.2 Spindle. Kreitzman and Van Dort discuss the politics of the situation.
SoS.11. Spindle. Captain Terehkov briefs Admiral Khumalto, and later his own staff. Khumalto asks his XO about her impression of Terehkov, especially the Hyacinth disaster.
SoS.12. Spindle. Official reception and party.
SoS.13. Monica. Machinations. Anisimnova offers President Tyler enough force to take the Lynx Terminus from Manticore.
SoS.14.1 Hexapuma gets its orders to survey the northern patrol: Nuncio, Celebrant, Pequad and New Tuscany.
SoS.14.2 Kornati. Agnes Nordbrandt does her first terrorist attack, with lots of casualties.
SoS.15. Split. Repercussions.
SoS.16.1 Nuncio. Someone has been poking their nose in where it doesn’t belong.
SoS.16.2 Montana. Another Westman atrocity.
SoS.17. Montana. Contact between Westman and “Firebrand.” Expect an arms delivery in two to three months. (four days after chapter 16.2)
SoS.18. Nuncio. They find the unknowns, and consider what to do about them.
SoS.19. Hexapuma. (8/25) They find out one of the bogies is a Mars-class heavy cruiser.
SoS.20. Hexapuma. Abagail Hearns is closing in on the freighter.
SoS.21. Rembrandt. Bernadus van Dort fires the Chairwoman of the Board of his company.
SoS.22. Hexapuma. Combat planning.
SoS.23. Hexapuma. Lieutenant Hearns disables the merchant.
SoS.24. Hexapuma cripples Anhur and kills the destroyer.
SoS.25-26. Hexapuma. Lieutenant Hearns and party boards the merchant.
SoS.27. Hexapuma. Post-battle stuff.

1920/10

SoS.28. Hexapuma. Helen Zilwiki and Paulo come to terms with each other.
SoS.29. Spindle. They decide to use Hexapuma to handle Kornati and Montana.
SoS.30. Kornati. Another atrocity on Kornati.
SoS.31. Kornati. Firebrand talks to Nordbrandt.
SoS.32. Montana. Another atrocity.
? Augusta Battle of Agusta (10/11 - info)

SftS - Attempt to assassinate Admiral Harrington.
AAC.31 - Timothy Meares attempts to assassinate Admiral Harrington.

1920/11

SoS.33.1 Spindle. Discussions about whether Nordbrandt is really dead
SoS.33.2 Montana. Westman doesn’t like the reports of what Nordbrandt has done.
SoS.34.1 Rembrandt. Hexapuma picks up Bernandus van Dort, and assigns Helen to him as an aide.
AAC.34-35 Solon 1920/11/15 Battle of Solon.
SftS.1-2 Solon Battle of Solon (11/15 - Info)
SftS.3.1 Haven President Pritchert visits Henke in the hospital.
SftS.3.2 Haven Admiral Thiesman visits Henke in the hospital. (9th day in hospital + ? days from Solon to Haven = 11/24 + ?
Battle of Monica.
AAC.36. Manticore After battle analysis with Caparalli and Hamish.
AAC.37.
AAC.38. Manticore Report on Zanzibar comes in. Honor &c are not happy.
AAC.39. Haven? Congratulations all around from Thiesman to Giscard on Zanzibar raid.
SoS.36.1 Spindle. News of Nordbrand’s latest atrocity reaches Spindle. They decide to recall the Hexapuma from Montana to Split.
SoS.36.2 Montana. The Hexapuma reaches Montana. Captain Terehkov consults with the local government.
SoS.37. Montana. Initial discussion between Westman and Van Dort. At the end, Westman asks Helen privately if Van Dort has ever mentioned Suzanne Bannister to her.
SoS.38. Montana. Helen asks Van Dort about Suzanne. She was his wife. He had first generation prolong, she didn’t.
SoS.39. Montana. The Hexapuma gets orders to proceed to Split. There’s a long discussion between Captain Terehkov and Van Dort about the situation on Split.
SoS.40. Split. The Marianne makes a delivery of munitions to Agnes Nordbrandt’s organization. (11/20 - Info)
SoS.41. Split. Hexapuma arrives in Split orbit. The Marianne’s captain sweats blood, but decides to go ahead with the next weapons drop.
SoS.41.1 Split. Dissension among the oligarchs.
SoS.42.2 Split. Marianne leaves orbit and heads for Montana. (11/20 - info)
SoS.43. Split. Hexapuma spots where the weapons were stored.
SoS.44. Split. Hexapuma’s marines take the bunker down, with most of the weapons intact.
SoS.45. Split. One of the few survivors mentions “Firebrand” in a drugged haze. Captain
Terehkov decides to return to Montana.

1920/12

SoS.46. Montana. Captain Terehkov talks to Steve Westman, and lays out the connection with “Firebrand.”
SoS.47. Montana. 12/20 Marianne arrives at Montana. They detect Hexapuma too late to pull back before begin detected, and decide to come in as the Butterfly. Bad choice. Hexapuma reads their emissions profile, and Captain Terehkov decides to board. someone panics.
SoS.48. Montana. Steve Westman is very disturbed when he finds out who “Firebrand” really was working for.
SoS.49. Split. Aleksandra Tonkovic faces Parliament for not telling them there was a hard deadline for reporting a draft Constitution out.
SoS.50. Montana. Captain Terehkov machinates. (12/25) The Copenhagen leaves for Monica.
SoS.? Monica Monica deploys Technodyne missile pods for shipyard and system defense.

1921/01

SoS.51. Split. Aleksandra Tonkovic is forced to resign in front of an impeachement.
SoS.52.1 Spindle The constitutional convention logjam seems to be breaking up, without New Tuscany
SoS.? Spindle The constitutional convention reports out a draft constitution. (1/11)
SftS.4 Haven Last day at prison camp - Meeting with Pritchart and Thiesman. 11/24 + 45 + ? = 1/8 + ?

1921/02

SoS.52.2 Montana. The flotilla takes off for Point Midway.
SoS.53.1 Spindle. HMS Erickson arrives with Captain Terehkov’s dispatches. There is much consternation all around. Admiral Khumalo decides to reinforce Terehkov at Monica.
SoS.53.2 Monica. The Copenhagen and the spy drone get in and out successfully.
SoS.54. Point Midway. Captain Terehkov briefs the other ship captains about what’s going on. Commander Hope decides she doesn’t want to go along with it. Terehkov relives her of command.
SoS.55.1 Manticore. Admiral Khumalo’s dispatch arrives. They decide to send reinforcements, together with a senior diplomat. (2-11 - Info)
SoS.55.2 Point Midway Captain Terehkov briefs all the ship officers about what they found at Monica, and does battle planning.
ToF.8. Parmley Station, Hainuwele. Introducing characters and situation.
ToF.9-12. Parmley Station. Beowulf Biological Survey Corps, meet Parmley Station.
ToF.13. Torch. Harvest Joy with the wormhole survey expedition arrives on Torch.
ToF.14. Torch. February 9th. Judson and treecat are on immigration duty. They finds someone who doesn't look quite right to the treecat. They decide to run a background check.
ToF.15. Mesa. Albrecht and Benjamin Detweiler discuss Verdant Vista, the Harvest Joy, Klaus Hauptman and the projected attack on Torch.They decide to go with Operation Ferret and send the State-sec refuges to take out Torch. (There’s a dating anomaly - the text says this was six weeks after the Harvest Joy arrived at Torch.)
ToF.16. Smoking Frog Discussion between Baraggos and Rozak about the military buildup.
SoS.56-58. Monica. 2/16 Battle of Monica
SftS.5-6 Monica Admiral Khumalto arrives with reinforcements. (2/23)

???

SftS.7 Trevor's Star - Heneke arrives with Pritchart's offer of a peace conference. 10 or 11 days before any more info is expected from Monica. (Info arrives 9 days after Heneke returns to Manticore.) (She was in the camp for 6 weeks, plus 10 days in the hospital, which dates the Battle of Solon, except I don't know the other times.) 1/8 + ? + 10 + 45 + 14 = 69 -> 1/23

1921/03

ToF.17. Mesa. Isabel Bardisano assignes Jack McBryde to keep an eye on Herlander Simoes. Riding herd turns out to be very, um, disquieting.
ToF.18.1 Ajax. Talk between a pirate and his supplier (Laukkonen) with a pirate whose last note is past due, and who is planning to sign on to the Manpower expedition against Torch (not that he knows that’s what it is.)
ToF.18.2 Mesa. Jack McBryde and Herlander Simoes.
ToF.19.1 Smoking Frog - Rozak and Watanpongse discuss a tip from Laukkonen that’s about the Manpower attack on Torch.
ToF.19.2 Mesa Jack McBryde and family, about Simoes.
ToF.20. Mesa Jack McBryde thinks things over, and comes to some realizations.
ToF.21. Torch. The Butry clan gets roped into the expedition to Mesa.
ToF.22. Torch. Jeremy X plays matchmaker with Hugh Arai (from the BSC) and Queen Berry.
ToF.23.1 Torch. Judson van Hale and Harper S. Ferry pick up on the immigrant they flagged and then forgot.
ToF.23.2 Torch. Hugh Arai askes Queen Berry out.
ToF.23.3 Torch. Judson, etc. find out the man is a Mesan plant. He commits suicide.
ToF.24. Torch. The date
ToF.25. Torch. Discussion about the secret agent who suicided.
ToF.26. Torch. Discussion prior to Harvest Joy transiting the wormhole. Dr. Kare is worried about an anomaly he can’t explain. Queen Berry doesn’t let him go along.
ToF.27. Torch. They transit the wormhole. It's vaporized by the Mannerheim System Defense Force squad that's positioned to kill anything coming through. (Identity is not disclosed until Chapter 50).

1921/04

AAC.50. Earth. The Webster assassination.
ToF.28.1 Torch. Discussion about why the Harvest Joy isn’t back, with commentary on The Adventures of Fung Ho.
ToF.28.2 Torch. Leadin to the audience with the trade delegation.
ToF.29. Torch. Attempt to assassinate Queen Berry using the “Rat Poison” technique.
AAC.51. Torch. Operation “Rat Poison” just manages to not get Queen Berry.
ToF.30. Mesa. Discussion between Jack McBryde and Herlander Simoes. Jack McBryde is having more problems with his own moral compass in dealing with Simoes.
ToF.31.1 Torch. Cachet and Zilwiki prepare to call on Admiral Harrington.
ToF.31.2 Torch. Jeremy X and & start the arrangements to protect Queen Berry.
AAC.52. Manticore. QE decides to reactivate operation Sanskrit.
AAC.53. Haven. Reaction in Neuvo Paris to QE calling off the summit.
AAC.54. Haven. Pritchart discusses Camile and Beatrice with Thiesman.
AAC.55. Trevor’s Star. Cachet and Zilwiki visit Honor Harrington on her flagship.
ToF.32. Trevor’s Star. Cachet and Zilwicki talk to Admiral Harrington on her flagship.
AAC.56. Manticore. Honor discusses the information with Baron Grantville.

?
SftS-8 Manticore Heneke takes on Gerevase Archer as her flag lieutenant.
SftS-9.2 Manticore Two months after arriving back, Heneke gets command of the 106th battlecruiser division.
SftS-10 Mesa infodump about Visigoth and related matters. They decide to go through with the Webster assassination and Rat Poison.

SftS-11 Manticore Heneke gets her new flagship.
SftS-12 Manticore Heneke is briefed on Apollo.
SftS-13.1 Manticore Heneke leaves Manticore
SftS-13.2 Lynx Henke arrives at Lynx
SftS-13.3 en route Simulation exercise
SftS-14 Thimble Admiral Henke arrives at Thimble. Long discussion of the new Talbott Quadrant of the Star Empire of Manticore (the constitution was ratified and accepted.)
SftS-15 Thimble Admiral Henke is introduced to the powers that be in Thimble.

SftS-16 Thimble News of the Webster assassination (3 weeks prior) reaches Thimble.

1921/05

ToF.33.1 Torch. The Haile Sowe departs for Mesa.
ToF.33.2 Torch. Queen Berry and Princess Ruth are exiled to the underground operation center to keep them safe. Anton and Victor return from their talk with Admiral Harrington at the same time the detailed report on the Battle of Monica arrives. They crunch the numbers, and they come up boxcars.
ToF.34. Torch. Cachet and Zilwiki plan their mission to Mesa.
ToF.35. Mesa. Albrecht Detweiller and Isabel Bardisano have a conference about just received intelligence. The information about Cachet and Zilwiki visiting Admiral Harrington came in on the same streak boat that reported canceling the peace conference. The visit was about a week after they confirmed QE canceled the conference. They decide to put terminating Cachet and Zilwiki high on their priority list.
AAC.57. Lovat. Battle of Lovat. First use of Apollo. (5/15 - Info)
AAC.58. Haven. Analysis at Haven. Which way are they going to go.
AAC.59. Manticore. Honor’s (well, Emily’s) daughter is born. Haven gears up to launch Beatrice.
AAC.60. Manticore. Discussion about Bolthole and Sanskrit II - the attack on Jowett.
AAC.61. Manticore. Kathryne Montigne notifies Honor that Zilwiki and Cachet are headed to Mesa.

1921/06

ToF.36. Torch. Another date between Hugh and Queen Berry.

SoS.59.1 Monica. 6/2 Hexapuma prepares to leave Monica.
SftS.19.1 Monica Terehkov prepares to leave Monica, about 4 months after the Battle of Monica.
SftS.19.2 Mesa The Detweillers discuss the news about Lovat, and decide to reactivate the Monica operation. Then Albrecht Detweiller learns of Zilwiki and Cachet's talk with Harrington. It came in on the same boat as news of QE's cancellation of the summit. (NOTE - it's 5 days from Manticore to Mesa, via Beowulf and Visigoth, using a streak boat. That's a velocity multiplier of 4400, which makes it a couple of bands above the Theta band.)
SftS.20. Mesa Albrecht and Isabel Bardisino consider Lovat and the other effects of the Webster assassination. They decide to use New Tuscany as the next cats-paw, and also to bring Anisinova all the way inside the onion.
SftS.21.1 Spindle Discussion between O’Shangausy and Chandler about the situation.
SftS.21.2 Meyers Ottweiler twists Hongbo Junian’s arm, and tell him about Crandall’s task force.
SftS.22 New Tuscany Anisimovna gets New Tuscany on her side.
SftS.23-24 Monica Admiral Heneke arrives in Monica 25 days after leaving Spindle, which is about two weeks after Admiral O’Malley departs. She finds two divisions of Frontier Fleet battlecruisers (8 Nevadas, 9 Indefatigables), plus a bunch of Rampart class destroyers. She meets Admiral Josef Byng. Both are underwhelmed.
SftS.25 Monica. Discussion aboard the Jean Bart (Bing’s flaghship) about the Manty’s capabilities.
SftS.26 New Tuscany Planning for the Mesan propaganda campaign. Anisimnova’s ruminations. Denton’s reaction.

1921/07

ToF.37.1 Smoking Frog. Jiri Wat... tells Luis Rozak about more intel pointing to a Manpower attack on Torch. He decides it's his job to do something about it.
ToF.37.2 Mesa. Jack McBryde misdirects Steve Lathoruos from what’s really going on. They’ve got the “shoot on sight” memo on Cachet and Zilwiki. Lathorous passes control of Lajos (a deep cover agent) to Jack.
ToF.38. Mesa. The Hali Sowle arrives at Mesa and slides right through Mesa System Guard checks, as planned.
SftS.27 Tillerman Henke arrives 12 days after her conversation with Bing at Monica. She plans to spend about 2 weeks talking to the local government.
SftS.28 Spindle Captain Denton’s report arrives (17 days) from Pequod
SoS.59.2 Lynx 7/19 Hexapuma arrives at Lynx Terminus, then Manticore.
AAC.62. Mantacore. Hexapuma and Warlock back from Talbott.
SftS.29-30. Manticore Hexapuma arrives back at Manticore. Helen Z. accepts the position of Flag Lieutenant to Commodore Terehkov. Discussion of the new Mark 16-G (5 times as powerful as the Mark 16-E.
AAC.63. Haven. Operation Beatrice begins.
SftS.31.1 Spindle New Tuscany’s official complaint arrives, and Admiral Khumalto decides to stand pat on reinforcing Pequod until the Rolands arrive.
SftS.31.2 Lynx Term. The Case Zulu for the Battle of Manticore arrives.
AAC.64-68 Manticore 07/24 Battle of Manticore.
ToF.39. Smoking Frog. Barragos staff meeting. They discuss the Battle of Manticore and the Manpower attack on Torch. There must be another wormhole somewhere in Maya. Smoking Frog is supposed to be two weeks from Torch using one of the Ballroom's frigates. Torch is a week from Erewhon, so maybe there's a triangle somewhere? (I think Torch is on the other side of Erewhon?)
ToF.40. Mesa. Cachet and Zilwiki arrive on Mesa. Cachet machinates. Anton gets a job as a waiter.
SftS.32 HMS Tristram A day working stuff up and solving problems while under way.
SftS.33 Mesa Albrecht Detweiller authorizes a modified Oyster Bay for six months from date. (July 30)

1921/08

SftS.34 HMS Tristram Another day of drills and discussion.
SftS.35. Spindle HMS Tristram and other ships arrive; Terehkov gets knighted. (Two weeks (transit time plus one day) from his arrival in Manticore)
SftS.36 Meyers The note from New Tuscany arrives. They decide to send Byng after a bit of arm twisting.
SftS.37.1 Meyers Byng gets briefed and sets out.
ToF.41. Smoking Frog. Rozak briefs his commanders on plans for the defense of Torch.
ToF.42. Mesa. Victor passes a test by killing three toughs without blinking.
ToF.43. Mesa. Jack McBryde looks at his soul, and finds it wanting.
ToF.44. Somewhere. Briefing for the force that’s going to attach Torch. They discuss the new Cataphract missiles.
ToF.45. Mesa. The Hali Sowli leaves, two weeks after it arrives. Victor and Anton do secret agent stuff setting up a fake escape route and disabling the tracker on a nuke.
SftS.37.2 Spindle Admiral Henke gets back from Monica and learns of the BoM (5 weeks - two weeks transit time plus 3 weeks.)

1921/09

ToF.46. Mesa. Jack McBryde talks to one of their deep penetration agents, Lajos Irvine, about Hansen’s group and two new people who’ve shown up. They turn out to be Cachet and Zilwiki, but Jack manages to keep from tipping Lajos that he recognizes them.
ToF.47. Mesa. Jack McBryde makes contact with Zilwiki.
ToF.48.1 Smoking Frog. (Or maybe Torch). Final planning for the defense of Torch.
ToF.48.2 Aboard the Hali Sowli. Andrew Arlet is not happy with the state of the hyper generator.
ToF.49. Mesa. Jack McBryde, Victor and Anton do exit planning. The planned defection continues to machinate. McBryde gives Zilwiki a chip with details of the Webster assassination.
ToF.50. SGC-902-36-G (The Twins). Discussion among the brass defending the wormhole from Torch. They’re from Mannerheim.

1921/10

ToF.51-54. Mesa. The machinations wind to a conclusion. Then Lajos spots a two week old recording of Jack McBryde where he shouldn't be, and decides to call Isabel. Anton, Victor, Lara, Herlander and the two women from the diner manage to make it out on the Hali Sowli after disposing of spare parts in a crate. McBryde covers by releasing a set of worms, etc, into the info nets, and then invokes Scorched Earth to destroy the Gamma Center when he's almost caught by Isabel Bardisino. Collateral damage from one of the conspirators who comes unglued uses a nuke in a residential park (Green Pines,) creating several thousand casualties, including almost killing Collin Detweiller (he survives, barely.)
ToF.54.2 Somewhere in hyperspace. The Hali Sowli's hyper generator fails. Andrew Arlet's estimate is six months to fix it, given that he has to build the tools first, using the pitiful excuse for a machine shop.
ToF.55-60. Torch. Battle of Torch.
SftS.38 New Tuscany Planning for the incident
SftS.39.1 Aboard Jean Bart.
SftS.39.2 Pequod Merchant ship blows up. It’s the “incident.”
SftS.40.1 Meyers. Byng gets under way. It takes him almost a month.
SftS.40.2 Mesa Oyster Bay kicks off. The freighters with the Ghosts leave, and so do the 28 Sharks.
SftS.40.3 Spindle Formal complaint from New Tuscany about the incident at Pequod. (Henke has been in-system for a bit less than a month.) They decide to send a stiff note with a destroyer squadron.
SftS.41. New Tuscany 10/25. SLN Admiral Josef Byng destroys three Manticoran destroyers.

1921/11

ToF.61. Torch. Post battle on Torch. Queen Berry is astonished by her new ship.

SftS.42.1 Spindle The response task force gets under way, 11 days after the incident
SftS.42.2 Meyers They get the report of a ship blowing up in Pequod six weeks earlier, and decide to move Admiral Crandal’s forces forward from McIntosh to Myers.
SftS.42.3 New Tuscany Admiral Byng looks for a scapegoat. The powers that be on New Tuscany are not entirely happy, either.
SftS.43.1 New Tuscany Anismovna reclines on her yacht as the plan comes together.
SftS.43.2 Meyers They decide to notify Admiral Crandall at McIntosh about the exploding freighter.
SftS.43.3 New Tuscany Admiral Gold Peak arrives with the task force and blood in her eye. (Three weeks after the incident.)
SftS.44 Manticore Strategy session at Mt. Royal palace, effectively the same day as Admiral Heneke arrives at New Tuscany. They discuss how to handle the diplomacy, and decide to go slow. Honor outlines the possibility of breaking up the League. The information of the attack on Torch ha already arrived.
SftS.45 New Tuscany Admiral Heneke’s task force destroys the Jean Bart. Remainder of task force surrenders, leaving computer memory intact. 11/16 (or 17)
SftS.46 New Tuscany Post analysis at New Tuscany. Admiral Heneke starts wondering how Manpower is suddenly starting to act like a star nation.
SftS.47 Earth Sir Lyman Carmichal hands the Sollys a note about First New Tuscany.

1921/12

ToF.62. Mesa. Albrecht Detweiller and Colin discuss the intelligence summary of the Green Pines disaster and the loss of the Gamma Center. They reach the conclusion that Cachet and Zilwiki are dead.

SftS.47 Earth The diplomatic note arrives. The Mandarins (name not bestowed until ART) decide to dither. (date uncertain)
SftS.48.1 Earth And it flows downhill.
SftS.48.2 Manticore The consignment of Ghost class spy ships arrives from Darius)
SftS.49.1 Manticore The response hasn’t arrived four days after its earliest possible arrival. They decide to wait another four days before the public announcement.
SftS.49.2 Spindle Admiral Heneke arrives back, and they read her report. The consensus is that it’s Manpower.
SftS.49.3 Meyers HMS Reprise arrives at Meyers. It decides to go in slow and stealthy, with spy platforms deployed.
SftS.50 Meyers Reprise spots Crandal’s task force, which arrived about 3 weeks previously. They decide to back out. Crandall decides she’s going to be moving in two days.
SftS.51 Manticore The MANS Sharks arrive. ETA to Manticore itself is about a month.
SftS.52.1 Manticore Admiral Heneke’s report arrives three days after the report of the battle. Honor reams out the Queen about who is ultimately responsible. The begin to consider sending a peace mission to Haven.
SftS.52.2 Manticore The MANS task force releases its pods, which will take 5 weeks to reach Manticore.

MoH.1 to 4. Earth, etc Lots of discussions at League H.Q., Manticore, Grayson.
MoH.3. Manticore MA Karol Ostby and either the sharks or the ghosts
MoH.4. Mesa Detweiller and Anisinovna. Infodump on Streak drive.

1922/01

MoH.5 - 17. Honor's mission to Haven.
MoH.9. Grayson MA Commodore Sung at Grayson. Extensive discussion of the Ghost class stealth.
MoH.11 Haven More of Haven mission.
MoH.12.1 Spindle Prep in Spindle.
Moh.12.2 Manticore MA Topolov sharks releases pods.
MoH.13, 14. Green Pines. Terra. Manticore.
MoH.15. Spindle More Spindle planning
MoH.16, 17. Green Pines at Haven conference.

1922/02

MoH.18-24. Spindle Battle of Spindle. (Book says Feb, Info says January) (SoF 7.2 is 7 weeks after the battle.)
SoF.1-2 Halkirk Suppression of freedom fighters (Is it Halkirk or Selkirk?)
MoH.19.2 Manticore MA Ostby and Ghosts emplace guidance arrays OB - 15 days
MoH.25. Haven peace conference.
MoH.26. Manticore Discussion at Manticore about Battle of Spindle.
MoH.27. Manticore More preparations at Manticore
MoH.28-29. Manticore Oyster Bay
MoH.30. Manticore After Oyster Bay disaster assessment.

1922/03

MoH.31, 32. Earth Discussions at League about Battle of Spindle.
SoF.3 Spindle Helen Zilwiki discusses Green Pines (3 weeks after Battle of Spindle)
SoF.4 Seraphim Discussion with “Firebrand” in the Seraphim system.
MoH.33. Haven Oyster Bay repercussion at Haven. 8th Fleet recalled.
MoH.34-36. Manticore More repercussions at Manticore, with Honor, at Grayson.
MoH.36. Earth Planning at League to take advantage of opportunity with Filaretta.
MoH.37. Manticore League's plans leaked to both Manticore and Haven. More running in circles.
ART.1 Nolan Confrontation with Solarian League forces.
XXX. Hainuwele The Hali Sowli arrives to muted rejoicing.

1922/04

SoF.5.1 Spindle Oyster Bay news reaches Spindle. Should be same time as MoH.33 - 2 weeks after Oyster Bay
SoF.5.2 Spindle Commerce raiding simulation exercise.
ART.2 Case Lacoon I in effect at various places.
ART.3 Zunker Battle of Zunker (3 weeks before SoF 7.1)
ART.4. Hainuwele Zilwiki and Cachet decide to go to Haven with Herlander Simoes rather than Torch, having received word that Harrington is there with 8th fleet negotiating a treaty. They commandeer the courier that brought the news. (They arrive in ART 9.2)
ART.5. Earth Discussions with and among the Mandarins.
MoH.38.1. Tasmania Filaretta discusses his orders.
MoH.38.2. Darius Detweiller arrives at Darius on the MANS Genesis and congratulates his troops on Oyster Bay. It’s at Darius, and it’s probably no more than two weeks away from Mesa by streak drive. (although possibly from Visigoth, although that’s not all that likely, since that would put it in the League core.)
MoH.39. Mannerheim Detweiller at a top level conference of the M.A., with the leaders of the 11 other planets in the Mesan Alignment.
ART.6. Earth Lots of discussion with and among the Mandarins.
ART.7. Beowulf Discussion on Beowulf about Sol’s request to launch a second prong attack to support Filaretta through the wormhole junction. Denied. Filaretta is supposed to leave Tasmania in two weeks (if he’s on schedule.)
ART.8. Smoking Frog Discussion in Maya sector about current conditions and when to launch the Sepoy Option.
ART.9.1 Tasmania Filaretta discusses his orders for Operation Raging Justice (2 weeks after he receives them; he’s still waiting on some missile colliers.) He got the orders on 4/11 with orders to sortie no later than the 25th. The orders to wait for the colliers arrived on the 13th.
ART-9.2 Haven Cachet and Zilwiki arrive in the Haven system. They’re escorted to a meeting with President Pritchart and staff. (This is the same as SoF-6)
ART-9.3 Tasmania P.O. Harder sabotages the flagship. (9.2 and 9.3 interleave)
MoH-40.1 Haven Cachet, Zilwiki and Simoes arrive at Haven and meet President Pritchart and staff.
MoH-40.2 Haven President Pritchart and staff discuss the revelations.
SoF.6 Hainuwele Exact copy of chapter from ART.9.2
SoF.7.1 Spindle After Heneke’s birthday party, who is to be promoted to full Admiral in two days. News of Battle of Zunker just arrived - 3 weeks after the actual battle.
SoF.7.2 Spindle Discussion about domiciling the prisoners from Crandall’s fleet. 7 weeks after the Battle of Spindle.
SoF.8 Montana Heneke at her new duty station for three days (2 weeks via courier from Spindle) when news of an impounded Manticoran ship at Saltash arrives. Heneke decides to send a destroyer squadron. (Saltash is half way and a bit east of the Lynx-Mesa line)
SoF.9 Swallow Another manufactured rebellion (no idea where Swallow is at.)
SoF.10.1 En Route to Saltash 1 day after SoF 8
SoF.10.2 En Route to Saltash 11 days from Montana, 4 days to Saltash. Discussion about Shona Station. Lt. Hearnes gets the boarding assignment.
SoF.10.3-16 Saltash Battle of Saltash

ToF-63. Parmley Station. Bryce Miller and Nancy Becker continue to develop their relationship.

1922/05

SoF-17 Mobius May Massacre. They send a message to Spindle via Montana on a courier that’s checking on possible trade in Montanan beef.
MoH-41.1 Mesa Detweiller gives out the plan for the next steps.
MoH-41.2 Manticore Elizabeth III prepares for disaster footing.
MoH-42. Trevor’s Star President Pritchert leads peace effort through Trevor's Star.
MoH-43. Manticore Real peace conference, briefing, final handshake agreement, Haven will supply fleet to reinforce Manticore against Filaretta.
ART-10.1 Manticore Peace conference.
ART-10.2 Beowulf News of the alliance and reasons reaches Beowulf Central Intelligence, the Director of Central Intelligence briefs the Chairman.
ART-11 Manticore 7 days after arrival, Elizabeth and Eloise finish the draft treaty to be submitted to Parliament and Congress. The debate begins.

1922/06

SoF-18 Seraphim The Seraphim resistance has received the first shipment of Firebrand’s weapons.

SoF-19 Meyers Veruchio, Honbo, etc, Yucel discuss sending troops to Mobius

ART-12 Manticore A delegation from Beowulf arrives, including Honor’s uncle Jacques Benton-Ramarez y Chou, who is also on the Beowulf Board of Directors.
ART-13 Manticore A call comes in from Sphinx. The treecats are pissed, and they have a proposal.
ART-14.1 Earth The Mandarins don’t like the news.
ART-14.2 Beowulf Admiral Tsang arrives at Beowulf with 100 SDs, and is told she can’t transit the terminus. She doesn’t accept it.
ART-15 Manticore Protector Benjamin and family arrive from Grayson. He mentions that he’s received feelers from Erewhon.
ART-16 Manticore Battle simulation, with Admiral Theisman watching.
ART-17 Mesa The news reaches Mesa. Detweiller has his “oh, shit” moment. He and Benjamin discuss Houdini.
SoF-20 Mesa Exact copy of ART 17.
ART-18 Manticore Chien-Lu Anderman, Herzog von Rabenstrange, arrives from the Anderman Empire. He discusses the evidence with Honor before a meeting with QE. (It’s 6 days by courier from the Gregor terminal to New Potsdam)
SoF-21.1 Montana News about Pritchart’s peace initiave arrives at Montana. About a month after Pritchart arrives on Manticore.
SoF-21.2 Meyers Verucio reviews the troops Brigadier Yucel is going to send to Mobius
ART-19 Manticore War conference with everyone important.
ART-20-22 Manticore 6/11 Second Battle of Manticore. (date from timeline, ought to be earlier.)
ART-23 Beowulf Admiral Tseng attempts to transit in support of Filaretta, and is disuaded by Admiral Truman.
ART-24 Manticore Post-analysis for why Filaretta fired off his missiles when he should have surrendered.
SoF-22-23 Mobius The resistance takes out Trifecta Tower.
SoF-24 Montana The messenger from Mobius reaches Admiral Gold Peak.
SoF-25 Mobius A week after the May Massacre. Some explanations.
ART-25 Earth More consternation among the Mandarins.
SoF-26.1 Mesa News about Filaretta’s Fiasco reaches Detweiller. This should be 8 days after the battle. He discusses it with his wife. They decide they really do have to use the Ballroom option for Houdini.
ART-26 Somewhere Commodore Magellan starts collecting wormholes. Roulette-Limbo == Aguida-Stine.
ART-27 Earth More planning among the Mandarins.
SoF-26.2 Montana The next news comes via Spindle, making it 17 days out of date. The next messenger from Mobius arrives, three days later than the first one. She sends Admiral Terehkov to Mobius. She decides to move to Tillerman to concentrate her forces before punching out Meyers on the way to taking over the entire Madras sector.
Sof-27 Mobius More fighting. Brigader ? has arrived. The resistance gains more ground.
ART-28 Manticore Planning for the Royal Wedding, treaty goes through Haven senate like a greased pig, (11 votes against!) Manticore is going to send Adm. Hemphill and the surviving staff from Weyland to Bolthole. Beowulf is building MDMs and Keyhole II platforms.
SoF-28 Spindle News of the Second Battle of Manticore arrived two days previously. The first Mobius messenger arrives (2 weeks from Montana) with Gold Peak’s evaluation and plans.
SoF-29 Tillerman News of the Second Battle of Manticore arrives at Tillerman, about a month after it happened. (The dates don’t really match all that well - this should be in July)

1922/07

ART-29.1 Earth Ambassador Carmichael ruminates.
ART-29.2 Earth Admiral Rajampet ruminates, and then the nano-tech assassin makes him kill himself.
SoF-30-31 Mobius Battle of Mobius
ART-30 Earth Daud al-Fanudahi briefs several other reasonably intelligent people.
ART-31.1 Earth Fleet Admiral Kingsford briefs Kolokoltsov, and has one of his staff brief him as well.
SoF-32 Seraphim Firebrand meets with the resistance and they make plans. Seraphim is about 28 days from Montana by dispatch boat, and Montana is close enough to the line between Seraphim and Meyers for a dispatch boat to stop over there on occasion. (Seraphim is east of Lynx.)
ART-31.2 Earth Captain Caswel Gweon turns out to be a Mesan sleeper agent. Erzebet Pelletier is his control, and supposedly his fiance.
ART-32.1 Earth More planning from the Mandarins
ART-32.2 Earth Witch hunt in the chamber of stars.
ART-33 Manticore The royal wedding. Discussion about futures, and the new Mycroft system defense platform.
ART-34 Earth Envoy Hadly tells the chamber of Stars that Beowulf is seceeding.
ART-35 Earth The Mandarins didn’t quite expect that.

1922/08

SoF-33 Meyers Battle of Meyers (actually, Rout of Meyers is more accurate)
SoF-34 Meyers Discussion with Prime Minister Montview about turning administration of the system back to the rightful king.
SoF-35 Meyers Over two weeks in Meyers, Lechter tells Gold Peak what they’ve discovered to date
SoF-36 Meyers They interrogate Hongbo. Gold Peak decides to move on Mesa.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:Weber Consolidated Timeline - By John Roth

NOTE - this was originally done for my own purposes; a lot of the notes on each date/chapter may not mean a whole lot to anyone other than myself. I'm also not all that sure of some of the alignments - there's one month that appears, at least at first glance, to be about 7 weeks long when you put the books together.

The formatting in my original is in sort-of-nice columns, unfortunately HTML collapses runs of spaces, so the columns that isolate where each chapter is located got smashed in with the rest of the stuff.

Enjoy.
(snip for length)

Thanks John Roth. that was very helpful. :)

edited to fix quote brackets.
`

Post by ColinBlair   » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:30 pm

ColinBlair
Midshipman

JohnRoth wrote:Weber Consolidated Timeline - By John Roth

snipped

Excellent, thank you very much.

Return to Honorverse