Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Jonathan_S and 52 guests

The Honor of the Queen - 2nd Edition

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Honor of the Queen - 2nd Edition
Post by cjm   » Sun May 25, 2014 11:56 pm

cjm
Midshipman

SWM wrote:I would say that the deal with Amazon is the issue. Baen wants to sell books on Amazon, and also wants to keep as many of the books formerly on the Baen Free Library there as possible. And the deal with Amazon means that Baen could not keep in the Free Library the same edition that it was trying to sell on Amazon. Therefore, Baen made a new edition which it could sell, and still keep the old edition in the Free Library.
This is absolutely the case. I recently picked up the second edition because it was included in the June bundle. I converted both editions to plain text and diffed them. The new content is just a Character List at the end with a short description of each character. There are no changes in the story at all.

There were a few typos that aren't in my copy of the first edition, but it's quite possible that I'd already noticed and fixed them in my copy. (That's one of the things I like about DRM-free eBooks; when I notice a typo I can fix it so it doesn't keep annoying me every time I read the book.)

Return to Honorverse