Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Theemile and 29 guests

And the next Honorverse mainstream novel will be titled....

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: And the next Honorverse mainstream novel will be titled.
Post by AJKohler   » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:11 am

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

npadln wrote:
tinfoil wrote:Debt of Honor (may be copyright issues with Clancy)
Terms of Honor
Word of Honor
Point of Honor
Medal of Honor
Honor System
Code of Honor
Maid of Honor
Honors Course

If y'all don't mind me adding something a little more cryptic; Of Fading Honor or The Honor of Kings and Fools

Consider the elevation she has seen in her life. She's somewhat limited in the possible advancement from here; she's reached the highest military ranks available, and she's got the wrong ancestry to be acclaimed queen. Anyway, that position's taken. The only 'up' left is to proclaim her a goddess, which leads inexorably to the title Our Sacred Honor.

Couldn't resist. :lol:
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969
Post by roseandheather   » Mon May 28, 2018 1:18 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
tinfoil wrote:Debt of Honor (may be copyright issues with Clancy)
Terms of Honor
Word of Honor
Point of Honor
Medal of Honor
Honor System
Code of Honor
Maid of Honor
Honors Course

Not gonna lie, I'd greatly prefer it if the "[X] of Honor" format for titles was abandoned post-haste. We haven't had an "Honor" title not in that format since HAE.

I've suggested "Honor Triumphant" before, and "Our Sacred Honor" would make an excellent title, I think, particularly with what's coming. (Particularly if said novel had a significant Havenite representation -- I'm not sure the Pritchart Administration is familiar with something called the Declaration of Independence, but I think her inner circle would find the phrase "our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor" rather resonant, as would the entire Grand Alliance, I think.)

::eyes this particular post suspiciously::

::eyes a particular Infinite Stars short story even more suspiciously::

Your Celeryness, is there something you'd like to share with the class? ::raises eyebrow::

Coincidence? I hope not!! :mrgreen: 8-)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by JohnRoth   » Mon May 28, 2018 2:38 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Indulging in some necromancy, Rose?

I don't expect any more "mainstream Honorverse novels" that feature Honor in anything other than a minor supporting role.

The reason is simple: RFC has said he has a couple of supporting novels he wants to write, and has been quite clear that UH wraps up the current story arc. He has been on and off about writing the second series: the one where Honor's children finally trace down and deal with the MAlign. Neither of these justify a title with the word "Honor" in it.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon May 28, 2018 2:55 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:Indulging in some necromancy, Rose?

I don't expect any more "mainstream Honorverse novels" that feature Honor in anything other than a minor supporting role.

The reason is simple: RFC has said he has a couple of supporting novels he wants to write, and has been quite clear that UH wraps up the current story arc. He has been on and off about writing the second series: the one where Honor's children finally trace down and deal with the MAlign. Neither of these justify a title with the word "Honor" in it.

Actually, no. :D I really was just browsing through my old posts (as you do) and was abruptly hit over the head with the maybe-a-coincidence of a particular short story's title - a short story that happens to focus entirely on a couple of Havenite revolutionaries and happened to debut a couple of years after this particular post was made. I really do just wanna know if it's a coincidence or not. 8-)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by saber964   » Mon May 28, 2018 6:07 pm

saber964
Admiral

saber964 wrote:Try this one for a book title 'Sacred Honor'

Well I came close in the title, when I suggested Sacred Honor. It was technically the next story in the anthology Infinite Stars "Our Sacred Honor".
Post by JohnRoth   » Mon May 28, 2018 7:11 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:

Actually, no. :D I really was just browsing through my old posts (as you do) and was abruptly hit over the head with the maybe-a-coincidence of a particular short story's title - a short story that happens to focus entirely on a couple of Havenite revolutionaries and happened to debut a couple of years after this particular post was made. I really do just wanna know if it's a coincidence or not. 8-)

No, I don't. I'm mildly surprised that anyone browses their old posts. I have enough other ways to waste time.

As far as the title goes, it's rather obviously a riff "our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor," and has nothing to do with our favorite salamander. Of course, you'd have to ask RFC whether he chose that title so there would be an "honor" in it to link it to the Honorverse.
Post by George J. Smith   » Tue May 29, 2018 3:43 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

I know it is clutching at straws, but maybe in the future when the MAlign finally manage to kill Honor, the children go after the MAlign "For Our Mother's Honor".
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Tue May 29, 2018 6:39 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

George J. Smith wrote:

I know it is clutching at straws, but maybe in the future when the MAlign finally manage to kill Honor, the children go after the MAlign "For Our Mother's Honor".

Why is everyone so sure The MAlign still has The Resources to mount such an operation? Thier covert OPs have been broken in Mantocore,Haven,Andy & SOL - I doubt the current RF Politico's are willing to stick thier own necks out for thier MA Puppet Masters

I suppose they can always get 20 or so Lunatics to fly planes into tall buildings in New York - But that may be counter-Productive

Nimitz
Post by n7axw   » Tue May 29, 2018 9:13 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

When you have the resourses of an entire planet along with billions of people at your disposal, why would you not have what you need for your next op? Maybe all the Alignment needs is a better plan...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Wed May 30, 2018 8:38 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

n7axw wrote:When you have the resourses of an entire planet along with billions of people at your disposal, why would you not have what you need for your next op? Maybe all the Alignment needs is a better plan...

Don

-

1 You spend centuries hiding pull a Houdini to Planet(most of whom have never been out system) that is a generation behind Technology
while killing most of Your most effective sucidal/homicidal agents.

2. Your major technology supplier in SOL has been blown to dust bunnies

3Your current buried covert agents are being rolled up & there is a big sign on Mesa -
"No Forwarding Address"

4. You blow up Civilian Habitats Telling the Galaxy Yes the MA really exists and they are Genocidal Maniacs

Nimitz

Return to Honorverse