Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

And the next Honorverse mainstream novel will be titled....

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: And the next Honorverse mainstream novel will be titled.
Post by Davidst1975   » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:57 am

Davidst1975
Midshipman

well if we are looking for risque titles i like..."Hammering Honor" ...or "Honor Undercover" ...though that only works if she accually has an undercover mission ..

but i dont think the next will be the last and i think they have to deal with Sollies before they go after Manpower......so "Honor goes to Earth" ...or if they do go after Manpower honor is PISSED so something like "Honor Unleashed" really it works eather way cause she wants the peaople that killed her family and destroyed so many inocent lives and while the Sollies didnt do it they are in the way i also like "The Fury of Honor"
Post by JohnRoth   » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:04 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Davidst1975 wrote:well if we are looking for risque titles i like..."Hammering Honor" ...or "Honor Undercover" ...though that only works if she accually has an undercover mission ..

but i dont think the next will be the last and i think they have to deal with Sollies before they go after Manpower......so "Honor goes to Earth" ...or if they do go after Manpower honor is PISSED so something like "Honor Unleashed" really it works eather way cause she wants the peaople that killed her family and destroyed so many inocent lives and while the Sollies didnt do it they are in the way i also like "The Fury of Honor"

Actually, the next "mainstream" novel probably will be the last, since David (RFC) has said there are only two more novels to the end, and the next one is a sequel to Shadow of Freedom, not A Rising Thunder. Of course, originally he thought the entire series to what is now At All Costs would only be five novels, so how many it actually takes to wrap up the series is a bit fuzzy.
Post by saber964   » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:20 pm

saber964
Admiral

Try this one for a book title 'Sacred Honor'
Post by SWM   » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:55 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:
Davidst1975 wrote:well if we are looking for risque titles i like..."Hammering Honor" ...or "Honor Undercover" ...though that only works if she accually has an undercover mission ..

Actually, the next "mainstream" novel probably will be the last, since David (RFC) has said there are only two more novels to the end, and the next one is a sequel to Shadow of Freedom, not A Rising Thunder. Of course, originally he thought the entire series to what is now At All Costs would only be five novels, so how many it actually takes to wrap up the series is a bit fuzzy.

I think you misunderstand, JohnRoth. There will be no more separate "Saganami" novels or "Torch" novels. All future novels will be mainline. In fact, every novel from ART onward was supposed to be mainline. When ART turned out to be too big, David separated out the material taking place in the Talbott Cluster and expanded it into a separate book. But that wasn't what he had originally intended; it was supposed to be in the same book as ART. David had already decided to bring the three threads back together into a single storyline. And the next books will do that.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Bill Woods   » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:12 am

Bill Woods
Captain of the List

Davidst1975 wrote:but i dont think the next will be the last and i think they have to deal with Sollies before they go after Manpower.....

They've already gone to Mesa, so they're not waiting on the Sollies' reaction to Beowulf's seccession.
----
Imagined conversation:
Admiral [noting yet another Manty tech surprise]:
XO, what's the budget for the ONI?
Vice Admiral: I don't recall exactly, sir. Several billion quatloos.
Admiral: ... What do you suppose they did with all that money?
Post by tinfoil   » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:34 pm

tinfoil
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Debt of Honor (may be copyright issues with Clancy)
Terms of Honor
Word of Honor
Point of Honor
Medal of Honor
Honor System
Code of Honor
Maid of Honor
Honors Course
Post by saber964   » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:10 pm

saber964
Admiral

tinfoil wrote:Debt of Honor (may be copyright issues with Clancy)
Terms of Honor
Word of Honor
Point of Honor
Medal of Honor
Honor System
Code of Honor
Maid of Honor
Honors Course

Note; titles can not be copyrighted. You can copyright a franchise like Star Wars and Star Trek but not individual titles.

I think my earlier suggestion of Sacred Honor is the best. As it comes from the phrase of people going to war and what the may have to sacrifice. Our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:32 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Terms of Honor
Word of Honor
Point of Honor
Medal of Honor
Honor System
Code of Honor
Maid of Honor
Honors Course

Not gonna lie, I'd greatly prefer it if the "[X] of Honor" format for titles was abandoned post-haste. We haven't had an "Honor" title not in that format since HAE.

I've suggested "Honor Triumphant" before, and "Our Sacred Honor" would make an excellent title, I think, particularly with what's coming. (Particularly if said novel had a significant Havenite representation -- I'm not sure the Pritchart Administration is familiar with something called the Declaration of Independence, but I think her inner circle would find the phrase "our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor" rather resonant, as would the entire Grand Alliance, I think.)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by jchilds   » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:13 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:
Terms of Honor
Word of Honor
Point of Honor
Medal of Honor
Honor System
Code of Honor
Maid of Honor
Honors Course

Not gonna lie, I'd greatly prefer it if the "[X] of Honor" format for titles was abandoned post-haste. We haven't had an "Honor" title not in that format since HAE.

I've suggested "Honor Triumphant" before, and "Our Sacred Honor" would make an excellent title, I think, particularly with what's coming. (Particularly if said novel had a significant Havenite representation -- I'm not sure the Pritchart Administration is familiar with something called the Declaration of Independence, but I think her inner circle would find the phrase "our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor" rather resonant, as would the entire Grand Alliance, I think.)

Jacques uses it while a number of Havenites are present at the end of Ch. 24 in ART, including Pritchart.
Post by npadln   » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:35 am

npadln
Commander

Terms of Honor
Word of Honor
Point of Honor
Medal of Honor
Honor System
Code of Honor
Maid of Honor
Honors Course

If y'all don't mind me adding something a little more cryptic; Of Fading Honor or The Honor of Kings and Fools

Return to Honorverse