Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests

And the next Honorverse mainstream novel will be titled....

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
And the next Honorverse mainstream novel will be titled....
Post by Hutch   » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

...well, don't look at me, I haven't a clue. Heck, the MWW may not know yet either, since I'm not expecting it before early 2014.

But that doesn't stop me from speculating.

Given that the action is likely to speed up considerably from the rather glacial pace of ART, and focus on the wide-ranging and multi-faceted collapse of the SL, I would propose HONOR AMID CHAOS as a suitable title.

I will also predict that the book will, like Mission of Honor, begin to re-integrate the Talbott and Maya story-lines back into the main stream. Especially since Mike in Shadow of Freedom gribblehanled the yetisygner with dyklanapablap which will lead to reeberstaben, hamadellinger, and most importantly, leamterhogqui makes this very likely. IMHO.

Interested in hearing any other possible names for this novel, remember, it's an "Honor" title this time.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Re: And the next Honorverse mainstream novel will be titled.
Post by JohnRoth   » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:38 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

SPOILER - - - SPOILER

Hutch wrote:...well, don't look at me, I haven't a clue. Heck, the MWW may not know yet either, since I'm not expecting it before early 2014.

Given that the action is likely to speed up considerably from the rather glacial pace of ART, and focus on the wide-ranging and multi-faceted collapse of the SL, I would propose HONOR AMID CHAOS as a suitable title.

I will also predict that the book will, like Mission of Honor, begin to re-integrate the Talbott and Maya story-lines back into the main stream. Especially since Mike in Shadow of Freedom gribblehanled the yetisygner with dyklanapablap which will lead to reeberstaben, hamadellinger, and most importantly, leamterhogqui makes this very likely. IMHO.

Interested in hearing any other possible names for this novel, remember, it's an "Honor" title this time.

That's a fun speculation, but remember that the Torch series is Eric Flint's, so it has to remain a separate book, according to (insert bunch of lawyer-speak here.)

Given where Shadow of Freedom leaves off, the next tranch ought to involve the conquest of Mesa and the further pacification of the Madras sector. As well as a fair amount of running around in circles, screaming and shouting.
Post by AJKohler   » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:59 am

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Hutch wrote:...well, don't look at me, I haven't a clue. Heck, the MWW may not know yet either, since I'm not expecting it before early 2014.

Hey, Hutch, check your spelling. I think you've got 'reeberstaben' wrong, and I'm not sure about 'yetisygner.'

Wouldn't want to confuse us now, would you?
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969
Post by BrightSoul   » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:SPOILER - - - SPOILER

That's a fun speculation, but remember that the Torch series is Eric Flint's, so it has to remain a separate book, according to (insert bunch of lawyer-speak here.)

Given where Shadow of Freedom leaves off, the next tranch ought to involve the conquest of Mesa and the further pacification of the Madras sector. As well as a fair amount of running around in circles, screaming and shouting.

I suspect he's talking about the book after the next Torch novel, hence the adjective "mainstream" in the subject. [G]
Post by JohnRoth   » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:24 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

BrightSoul wrote:
I suspect he's talking about the book after the next Torch novel, hence the adjective "mainstream" in the subject. [G]

That's what I thought, however DW has been at pains to point out several times that the distinction between "mainstream" novels and other novels doesn't exist. All three primary branches, Manticore, Talbott and Torch, are equally part of the tapestry he's weaving, and there's already been one novel, Mission of Honor, which combined the Manticore and Talbott theaters of action.

Anyway, my nomination would be Dishonorable Enemies.
Post by Hutch   » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:39 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

AJKohler wrote:Hey, Hutch, check your spelling. I think you've got 'reeberstaben' wrong, and I'm not sure about 'yetisygner.'

Much thanks, it should have been reeberstraudem, but yetisygner is appropriate according to the Galactic Glossary of Gobbledegook, 71st edition, published 1920 PD.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by AJKohler   » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:29 pm

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Hutch wrote:
AJKohler wrote:Hey, Hutch, check your spelling. I think you've got 'reeberstaben' wrong, and I'm not sure about 'yetisygner.'

Much thanks, it should have been reeberstraudem, but yetisygner is appropriate according to the Galactic Glossary of Gobbledegook, 71st edition, published 1920 PD.

Ah. NOW it's comprehensible. Thank you very much for clarifying that.

It worried me that your gobbledygook was gobbledygook.
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969
Post by Grabthar's Hammer   » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 am

Grabthar's Hammer
Lieutenant Commander

Darn, I posted a possible title a little while ago (Honor and Glory)btw which is obviously more appropriate to this thread.
    Having smoothly and subtly negotiated the rapids of Topic-Misplacement, I find myself caught in two minds over a potential title. Either ‟Unrelenting Honor‟ or ‟Honor Invictus‟ are the offerings, with the latter just piping the former for my money.
      I think the posted suggestions for the next book have been excellent.
        Also I must point out to Hutch that the clear and concise synopsis of S.O.F. You provided has totaly and irrevocably ruined the entire series for me. I can only hope you offer me your heartfelt ‟Contrafibularaties‟ If not I will be ‟Antispeptic‟ ‟Frazmotic‟ ‟Compunctious‟ even, to be caused such ‟Perincombobulations‟! [G]
            Edited for an unsightly Imperative.
              ~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~
              "GOLD! - It may not buy happiness, but it can buy you a better state of misery, that's for sure!"
              Count Duckula
              Post by George J. Smith   » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:27 pm

George J. Smith
              Commodore

I thought it was time to bump this topic up, we now know that Mike went to Meyers and assume she went to Mesa.

I remember someone made a list of book names where it was pointed out that every 2nd name included the word Honor, so seeing as A Raging Thunder was the last "mainstream" title the concluding part of ART should include Honor in the title.

I think Honor Amongst Chaos which was proposed earlier would be a good title taking into account what has been happening in Meyers and Mesa, and considering what RFC let drop a few weeks ago.
              T&R
              GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
              Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
              Post by SWM   » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:30 pm

SWM
              Fleet Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:I remember someone made a list of book names where it was pointed out that every 2nd name included the word Honor, so seeing as A Raging Thunder was the last "mainstream" title the concluding part of ART should include Honor in the title.

Except that the "second part" of ART was published as Shadow of Freedom. :) The original manuscript of ART included the events in the Talbott Sector.

[edit]
              That, of course, should not prevent us from speculating on the title of the next book. :)
              [/edit]
              --------------------------------------------
              Librarian: The Original Search Engine

Return to Honorverse