Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

And the next Honorverse mainstream novel will be titled....

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: And the next Honorverse mainstream novel will be titled.
Post by ywing14   » Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 am

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
n7axw wrote:When you have the resourses of an entire planet along with billions of people at your disposal, why would you not have what you need for your next op? Maybe all the Alignment needs is a better plan...

Don

-

1 You spend centuries hiding pull a Houdini to Planet(most of whom have never been out system) that is a generation behind Technology
while killing most of Your most effective sucidal/homicidal agents.

2. Your major technology supplier in SOL has been blown to dust bunnies

3Your current buried covert agents are being rolled up & there is a big sign on Mesa -
"No Forwarding Address"

4. You blow up Civilian Habitats Telling the Galaxy Yes the MA really exists and they are Genocidal Maniacs

Nimitz

Unfortunately until they are found they can still hide can come up with a better plan.
Post by Annachie   » Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Remember, the original* RFC plan called for around a twenty year gap.
Even a 10 year gap is time to get a lot of things back in place.

*For a certain value of original
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by ywing14   » Wed May 30, 2018 10:54 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Annachie wrote:Remember, the original* RFC plan called for around a twenty year gap.

Agreed, I'll be interested to see how much of the league has broken up. I don't believe we will see as much penetration of the GA as there has been in previous novels. I also want to know what happened or what's happening with Nesbitt's brother.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Thu May 31, 2018 1:44 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

ywing14 wrote:
Annachie wrote:Remember, the original* RFC plan called for around a twenty year gap.

Agreed, I'll be interested to see how much of the league has broken up. I don't believe we will see as much penetration of the GA as there has been in previous novels. I also want to know what happened or what's happening with Nesbitt's brother.

Jean-Claude Nesbitt, who used an Alignment supplied nano-package to take out Grosclaude, is not the brother of Tony Nesbitt, the Secretary of Commerce. They are cousins, see chapter 45 of _At All Costs_ (about 1/3 of the way in).
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by ldwechsler   » Thu May 31, 2018 8:21 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:[

Jean-Claude Nesbitt, who used an Alignment supplied nano-package to take out Grosclaude, is not the brother of Tony Nesbitt, the Secretary of Commerce. They are cousins, see chapter 45 of _At All Costs_ (about 1/3 of the way in).[/quote]

As a title: Honorverse: The Next Generation
Post by n7axw   » Thu May 31, 2018 8:36 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
n7axw wrote:When you have the resourses of an entire planet along with billions of people at your disposal, why would you not have what you need for your next op? Maybe all the Alignment needs is a better plan...

Don

-

1 You spend centuries hiding pull a Houdini to Planet(most of whom have never been out system) that is a generation behind Technology
while killing most of Your most effective sucidal/homicidal agents.

2. Your major technology supplier in SOL has been blown to dust bunnies

3Your current buried covert agents are being rolled up & there is a big sign on Mesa -
"No Forwarding Address"

4. You blow up Civilian Habitats Telling the Galaxy Yes the MA really exists and they are Genocidal Maniacs

Nimitz

The answer to all of this is time. They can rebuild intel networks. An entire planet of highly intelligent people can recruit and train covert ops. The MAlign has an R&D section as competent as Manticore's.

Of course, if they keep doing stuff like OB and Beowulf, someone will figure them out and/or stumble across them in which case their time runs out.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by ywing14   » Thu May 31, 2018 9:27 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
ywing14 wrote:Remember, the original* RFC plan called for around a twenty year gap.

Jean-Claude Nesbitt, who used an Alignment supplied nano-package to take out Grosclaude, is not the brother of Tony Nesbitt, the Secretary of Commerce. They are cousins, see chapter 45 of _At All Costs_ (about 1/3 of the way in).[/quote]

Ahh my bad, thanks for the correction!

Return to Honorverse