Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

After Rising Thunder

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: After Rising Thunder
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:27 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

kzt wrote:
drinksmuchcoffee wrote:Why is it that the best novels in the Honorverse center around a starship captain handed a bucket of snakes in the ass-end of nowhere?

There are some kind of books that David is really good at writing. Which is lucky, as I don't think his romance writing career is going anywhere.

:lol: :lol:

Actually he uses a pseudonym for those - something like Rose Or Heather?? :)
Post by Fox2!   » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:05 am

Fox2!
Commodore

isaac_newton wrote:
kzt wrote:There are some kind of books that David is really good at writing. Which is lucky, as I don't think his romance writing career is going anywhere.

:lol: :lol:

Actually he uses a pseudonym for those - something like Rose Or Heather?? :)

Haven't seen much of RoaseandHeather recently. Is that due to RFC's overwhelming schedule requirements?
Post by John Prigent   » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:16 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Could it be that R&H has eloped with one of the leading characters from the planned book, so RFC can't proceed until she brings him back?

Cheers, John

Fox2! wrote:
Haven't seen much of RoaseandHeather recently. Is that due to RFC's overwhelming schedule requirements?
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:53 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

John Prigent wrote:Could it be that R&H has eloped with one of the leading characters from the planned book, so RFC can't proceed until she brings him back?

Cheers, John

Fox2! wrote:

I admit NOTHING.

...except that the speculation re: my possible alternate identity as a pseudonym for our beloved RFC is of course completely ludicrous, because if this series was written by me, Mesa would exist only as a vague background Ominous Enemy and the stories would focus entirely on Manticore, Haven, Grayson, and Talbott. And would involve far less space action and far more.... other action. :lol: 8-)

On the other hand, I can only hope my fledgling writing career nets me sales figures (and a fanbase) half as good as his. :mrgreen:

(The real answer as to why I haven't been around is down to that awful thing called Real Life. Also, because now that SoV is out, there are only so many "politics of the Republic of Haven" threads I can start before y'all kick me off in exasperation. :lol: )
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Charles83   » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:27 am

Charles83
Rear Admiral

I have been lurking for a while and well, i just want to ask, what is SoV?
Post by George J. Smith   » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:29 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Charles83 wrote:I have been lurking for a while and well, i just want to ask, what is SoV?

The latest book in the current arc, Shadow of Victory
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Weird Harold   » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:25 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:
Charles83 wrote:I have been lurking for a while and well, i just want to ask, what is SoV?

The latest book in the current arc, Shadow of Victory

Which is NOT "after ART" or part of the main-sequence books. It is part (the end?) of the "Shadow" series AKA the Talbott Sector books.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Theemile   » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:53 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
Which is NOT "after ART" or part of the main-sequence books. It is part (the end?) of the "Shadow" series AKA the Talbott Sector books.

Very good point, Herald. While definitely in the "Shadow" line, the book actually runs parallel to sections of Storm from the Shadows, Torch of Freedom, Cauldron of Ghosts, Mission of Honor, and A Rising Thunder.

It is definitely NOT a mainline book, the dust jacket synopsis has little to do with the story, and while the book ties up many small plot lines while adding several other minor ones, it only moves the overall plot forward less than 12 hours from where Cauldron of Ghosts lets off.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

roseandheather wrote:On the other hand, I can only hope my fledgling writing career nets me sales figures (and a fanbase) half as good as his. :mrgreen:

That´s what writing fanfiction is for. ;)

Return to Honorverse