Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], roseandheather, TheMonster and 5 guests

Next book pleaseeee

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Next book pleaseeee
Post by jthoma8318   » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:04 pm

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

OK a half joke. But I devoured Rising Thunder twice in as many weeks. Since we know he split the book in two (admittedly probably not in half) is there any word on the next one coming???
Re: Next book pleaseeee
Post by pokermind   » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:09 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

David in his tweets says he is working on Safehold 6 and it will be out in September. He talks of Shadow of Freedom like it is done except editing, so maybe this summer or early fall. That's my best guess, and I have been wrong before. By the way there is a short Shadow of Freedom snippet in the Snippets forum on this site.

CPO Poker Mind
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by runsforcelery   » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:28 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

pokermind wrote:David in his tweets says he is working on Safehold 6 and it will be out in September. He talks of Shadow of Freedom like it is done except editing, so maybe this summer or early fall. That's my best guess, and I have been wrong before. By the way there is a short Shadow of Freedom snippet in the Snippets forum on this site.

CPO Poker Mind

Official answer: Dunno.

The next solo book is completed. Eric is currently working on his part of the next collaborative book, however, and it covers much of the same time period but in a different area of operations. The areas of operations of the two books converge however, in both space and time, and until we see exactly how the collaboration comes out (and, especially, ends), we don't know whether it or the next solo needs to be released first.

Soon as Eric and I get finished with that project, we'll be able to give you a schedule. I could well be wrong, but my guess right now is that the soonest we'll be looking at another Honorverse novel would be sometime around the end of the year, though. Sorry!

On the other hand, 2013 is going to be Honor's 20th birthday year, and you should be seeing a lot of stuff that year. And Joelle Presby has finished what I think is a very, very good piece about young women in the GSN which will be appearing on the Baen site Sometime Real Soon Now. I highly recommend it!

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by jthoma8318   » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:00 pm

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thank you Poker Mind.

pokermind wrote:David in his tweets says he is working on Safehold 6 and it will be out in September. He talks of Shadow of Freedom like it is done except editing, so maybe this summer or early fall. That's my best guess, and I have been wrong before. By the way there is a short Shadow of Freedom snippet in the Snippets forum on this site.

CPO Poker Mind
Post by pokermind   » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:10 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

jthoma8318 wrote:Thank you Poker Mind.

CPO Poker Mind

Just remember that David Weber's Site name is runsforcelery and he gave us an idea of when things are coming, and it's late this year or early next year it looks like.

Post by Charles83   » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:23 am

Charles83
Rear Admiral

I really suspect that they could put the next Honor Harrington book for next year with Eric book soon thereafter so they have the 20th anniversary with a lot of stuff.
Post by Star Knight   » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:20 am

Star Knight
Captain of the List

Charles83 wrote:I really suspect that they could put the next Honor Harrington book for next year with Eric book soon thereafter so they have the 20th anniversary with a lot of stuff.

Which means that we'll have an EArc this fall at the latest.
If SofF or the Torch? book will be published this year after all, we'll have an EArc version in August or even July if we get lucky.
Post by Guspaz   » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Guspaz
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Star Knight wrote:
Charles83 wrote:I really suspect that they could put the next Honor Harrington book for next year with Eric book soon thereafter so they have the 20th anniversary with a lot of stuff.

If SofF or the Torch? book will be published this year after all, we'll have an EArc version in August or even July if we get lucky.

When I spoke to Eric Flint at a convention here in Montreal in late October, I asked him about the next Wages of Sin novel. I hadn't realized that another one was even planned until the day of the con, so I took the chance to poke him about it. He hadn't started on it yet, but the few plot hints he dropped were tantalizing... Of course, I've forgotten what he told me the tentative title of the book was. Curse my horrible memory!

Anyhow, if he hadn't started on the book in late October, it's unlikely the book will be out any time soon. I imagine collaborative works take a bit longer than a regular novel anyhow, due to the back-and-forth?
Post by pokermind   » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

OK we know from Jane Lindoskold that the young adult books on Stephanie Harrington and treecats Fire Season she is just finishing the polishing the second book and The Treecat Wars they are just now outlining from http://janelindskold.com/faqs.html. David's Shadow of Freedom is in the can, He and Eric Flint are working on the new Torch book,see RFC above, and haven't decided which order to publish them yet. In his Request for FAQs thread he stated, "We're working on the Honorverse Companion, to be released in 2013 for Honor's twentieth birthday." Perhaps they are gathering stories for another Honorverse anthology, and I imagine David is working on the next Honor Harrington main series book.

Pearing into my Crystal Ball I see a Honorverse book being released every other month by Baen Books in honor of Honor Harrington's birthday, is that an evil grin I see on Eric Flint's face in his role at Baen Books other than an author? Or perhaps release the young adult Fire Season this summer, and either the Torch book or Shadow of Freedom to wet our appetites. Hum?

Poker Mind

Post by SWM   » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:20 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Guspaz wrote:
Star Knight wrote:

When I spoke to Eric Flint at a convention here in Montreal in late October, I asked him about the next Wages of Sin novel. I hadn't realized that another one was even planned until the day of the con, so I took the chance to poke him about it. He hadn't started on it yet, but the few plot hints he dropped were tantalizing... Of course, I've forgotten what he told me the tentative title of the book was. Curse my horrible memory!

Anyhow, if he hadn't started on the book in late October, it's unlikely the book will be out any time soon. I imagine collaborative works take a bit longer than a regular novel anyhow, due to the back-and-forth?

Perhaps you didn't notice the posting above from RunsForCelery... He already said that the next Honor book (either the mainline or the slaves thread) would probably be end of 2012 at the earliest. He implied that Eric has started his part of the collaborative.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine

Return to Honorverse