Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daryl and 9 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:43 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:All she seemed to care about was sex, so in High School Beowulf was voted less likely to succeed. Guess she proved them all wrong!

Although she still can't spell. LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:20 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It has long been believed that to get to the truth one has to read between the lines. Non redacted textev. . .
The effectiveness of their own missile defenses had been increased by a minimum of thirty percent by the tweaks and new software — and, hopefully, new doctrine — the SLN had rammed through following Sandra Crandal’s debacle. Some of those tweaks had been in the pipeline for T-years, delayed by sheer bureaucratic inertia

snip

The following is Patricia Givens' redaction after reading between the lines and discovering hidden truths to pass on to Michelle.

"Debacle? Is that what they call an excruciating case of hemorrhoids that requires a new doctrine? Damn Sandy!" . . .

The effectiveness of their own missile — and, hopefully, new doctrine — the SLN had rammed through Sandra Crandal’s debacle, had been in the pipeline for T-years, delayed by sheer bureaucratic inertia.

"Inertia my ass, those are pinecones you idiot!"

"Calm down Sandy!"

"You calm down! Somebody get me some Preparation H!"

"Don't you worry honey, Henke is on her way!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:12 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor was having a very bad day when she got a certain bill. . .

"What?! 25 quatloos for using the junction to bring home Cerberus escapees??? Round 'em up! Their asses are going back!"

Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Buy a vowel.

Now that the war is over, a lot of people are going to get. . .

B_tt b_tt_rb_ll n_k_d.

Hamish is in deep trouble. Alice's harem will be hogtied. Michelle is coming home! Abby's armsmen are going to have to learn to turn the other cheek. And Paulo, that poor kid better run for his life!

BuPers is going to be so happy, he's personally going to see to it that DO NOT DISTURB adorns all the doors! Along with his old college alarm signal. . .

_f th_ b_d _s _r_ck_n' d_n't c_m_ _kn_ck_n'.
During Honor's cycle, her transponder is squawking Code Red.
Enemy officers going up against Honor sweat so hard they wear maxi pads under their arms.

Return to Honorverse