Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 133 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:20 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Motel, Hotel, Holiday Inn — If your girl starts acting up, then you take her friend, to ...
Beowulf Gravity Suites
We crank up the gravity. You crank up the sweets.

Operation Manual: Enter planet of origin. Gravity will automatically crank up to 1.69 that of your normal planet's gravity for 69 minutes. Then gravity will be cranked down to half your planet's gravity. At that point ... jump her bones! —Be-A-Wolf

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pokermind   » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:55 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Chief, "Good posts! But then

http://jlechuga.deviantart.com/art/We-re-All-Mad-Here-434577145 :lol: "

Mange, <Yep! But did you have to invite the Cheshire Cat? He's so retiring.>

Poker & Mange
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:12 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The first golf course on Sphinx was frought with problems. Treecats were amassing in force ... seems someone told them there was a treacherous dogleg to be found.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pokermind   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:42 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Chief, "Another intellectual joke:

Mange <He looks like he floated into the bar.>

Poker & Mange Image
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Yow   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:14 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

pokermind wrote:Chief, "Another intellectual joke:

Mange <He looks like he floated into the bar.>

Poker & Mange Image

:lol:

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by cthia   » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:05 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Treecats have formed a band, GUITAR GOD having watched an Old Earth video of the greatest drummers.
Their extra limbs have proved rather "instrumental" in their renown success, playing sold out venues in several systems. They have garnered a huge following of groupies. Scalpers are making a killing.

Cat Van Halen on guitar. No need for a guitar pic, four built-in. What riffs!
Cat "keyboard God" Wakeman
Cat "Blinding Sticks" Bonham on drums

You see, we didn’t pick these guys because they played the fastest single-stroke rolls or the most limb-twisting polyrhythms in history (though some of them have). No. We tried to compile the drummers who had the biggest impact on ... well ... you — whether you know it or not. So while some made the final cut due to their radical techniques, others were included because they spearheaded a sound or a style that had never been tried before, and in the process, changed the direction of drumming. Forever.
http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/F ... -Time.aspx

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists ... e-19691231

Songs:
Treecat Shreds
Cat Blues
Memory Singer Melody
War Cry
Mind Blind
Vibro Blade
Retractable Claws
Cuttin a Rug
Battling a Hexapuma
Guitar God
Mesan Lament

Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:08 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

cthia wrote:You see, we didn’t pick these guys because they played the fastest single-stroke rolls or the most limb-twisting polyrhythms in history (though some of them have). No. We tried to compile the drummers who had the biggest impact on ... well ... you — whether you know it or not. So while some made the final cut due to their radical techniques, others were included because they spearheaded a sound or a style that had never been tried before, and in the process, changed the direction of drumming. Forever.

See... now this is irrelevant because they screwed up twice: First, they spelled Neil Peart wrong, and second, they put him at the wrong spot in the ranking. He should be moved up one spot.

Pfffft! I'll bet they even pronounce it wrong, saying "Pert" like the shampoo.
Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:50 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:
cthia wrote:
You see, we didn’t pick these guys because they played the fastest single-stroke rolls or the most limb-twisting polyrhythms in history (though some of them have). No. We tried to compile the drummers who had the biggest impact on ... well ... you — whether you know it or not. So while some made the final cut due to their radical techniques, others were included because they spearheaded a sound or a style that had never been tried before, and in the process, changed the direction of drumming. Forever.

See... now this is irrelevant because they screwed up twice: First, they spelled Neil Peart wrong, and second, they put him at the wrong spot in the ranking. He should be moved up one spot.

Pfffft! I'll bet they even pronounce it wrong, saying "Pert" like the shampoo.

I just think Stewart Copeland should be higher on the list. In top five.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:52 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

How did Pavel Young and Elvis Santino pass the parallel parking part of hyper command? :lol:

Post by saber964   » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:27 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:Treecats have formed a band, GUITAR GOD having watched an Old Earth video of the greatest drummers.
Their extra limbs have proved rather "instrumental" in their renown success, playing sold out venues in several systems. They have garnered a huge following of groupies. Scalpers are making a killing.

Cat Van Halen on guitar. No need for a guitar pic, four built-in. What riffs!
Cat "keyboard God" Wakeman
Cat "Blinding Sticks" Bonham on drums

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists ... e-19691231

Songs:
Treecat Shreds
Cat Blues
Memory Singer Melody
War Cry
Mind Blind
Vibro Blade
Retractable Claws
Cuttin a Rug
Battling a Hexapuma