Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:30 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Albrecht had six cloned "sons": Benjamin, Collin, Daniel, Everett, Franklin, and Gervais. I find it interesting that he didn't begin the alphabet at A.

Where the hell is Absence?

Perhaps the first one actually turned out crazy...

Out of sight, out of mind.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:31 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I've finally figured out how the MA infiltrated the Mandarins so easily. Long long ago, the Mandarins were subject to get the Meyerdahl mods.

The MA tricked them with the Maya-Doll mods -- puppets on a string.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:33 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The MA has played the perfect practical joke on Harrington...

They cloned Pavel, now he's going to be Young.

Post by Weird Harold   » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:42 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Albrecht had six cloned "sons": Benjamin, Collin, Daniel, Everett, Franklin, and Gervais. I find it interesting that he didn't begin the alphabet at A.

He did: Albrecht. The clones start with B because A was already taken.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:44 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Albrecht had six cloned "sons": Benjamin, Collin, Daniel, Everett, Franklin, and Gervais. I find it interesting that he didn't begin the alphabet at A.

I have always thought that Albrecht himself was "A"

BTW, I just did some calculations and you have averaged 6 posts a day since you joined the forum.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:

I have always thought that Albrecht himself was "A"

BTW, I just did some calculations and you have averaged 6 posts a day since you joined the forum.

Yes, we have always accepted that A was taken. But Albrecht wasn't his own sons. His sons are him. Benjamin is accepted to be the first son. But B isn't the first alphabet. Simply an observation.

Regarding post count. It was intentional. Even God and Albrecht rested after 6.

And again. I was informed by someone that his daily post count was actually much higher. He was a member of several forums and responded to each a few times daily. Some of you yourselves are a member of Baen's Bar and post there, as well as in the Safehold forum, as well as here. And perhaps even others as well?

The Honorverse is my only forum...

Hey! Concentrated fire learned from the Salamander at Saganami? LOL

I also seem to frequently have several fairly successful threads trending at once. If I post only in my own threads, I'll approach 6. And it isn't sociable, or nice, to only post in my own threads. I suppose it is my fault that I have several threads, but it isn't exclusively my fault that they are successful.

On top of that, I'm practically carrying this thread, on my own back. And have been for quite some time. Laughter is important.

Properly digesting statistics is a lucrative career called Marketing.

Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:40 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

B-line. The most successful line ever to come off the assembly.

In case anyone is wondering why the slave lines had no B-line. They did. Several hundred of them came off the assembly line before the Malign realized they couldn't contain them.

They all made beelines straight for freedom! :lol:

Those sombitches were really successful! :lol:

Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:00 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The table wasn't round, it was square.

The Nights at the Square Table

"I love vaginal intercourse," says five of the Detweiler sons.

"I don't," says one of them.

"How can you not like sex, son?"

"I'm gay dad. And I've fallen for a sexslave."

"What?! You can't be gay. You're a clone of me."

"Exactly. You don't like women either dad. You had six sons without ever touching your wife."

"#%#&%@$, what's the name of this slave, son!"

"He likes me to call him King Arthur of Came-alot!"

Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dueling on Darius

The MAlign has its own form of a duel, borrowed from the Manticoran dueling system after they realized they needed something to restore honor and settle disputes.

If you are the one who are challenged, you get to choose the Protocol.

Alpha Protocol
Punch yourself in the face on command until honor is satisfied or you are knocked out. This is the most commonly chosen protocol. The sheer pleasure of seeing someone beat the crap out of himself at your command is thrilling and utterly satisfying. It is an Alpha protocol because fighting is considered barbaric. Beating yourself up is not.

Beta Protocol
Shoot yourself in the foot, or knee. Depending on hypospray chosen. Second most popular protocol chosen.

Gamma Protocol
Jump off of a bridge. Rarely chosen because of the chance to orchestrate your own death, except in instances of severe grievance. Anger clouds one's judgement. The Malign are often irrational.

Each dueler has a choice of two hyposprays laid on a serving tray served by the most beautiful pleasure slave who serviced them the night before their possible death. One spray will have the nanite of the Protocol chosen. One spray will have a placebo.

Both parties will stand back to back. After each party has been injected they will open an envelope with the proper command to be issued. Then Master of the Thrill will order them to turn and face each other. He who was challenged issues the first command. If the Challenger has the active nanite he carries it out. If he does not respond then the challenger gives a command. If active nanite exists then the Challenged carries it out. If neither received the active nanite, the duel is over. Period.

There are no duels allowed inside the Onion. Those inside the Onion are expected to solve their own grievances amongst themselves without violence. If they do not. Both are shot.

Post by cthia   » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The MAlign are masters at baiting people and entire governments. Why would they need sex slaves? They're master baiters themselves.

And until recently, they didn't miss a stroke.

Return to Honorverse