Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 144 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Just in on tickle tape...

Elvis Santino and Pavel Young are the first duo inductees to the newly formed Hall of Shame.

The ultimate Scream Team - would have been Elvis Santino and Pavel Young serving together and tasked at protecting the same system. Their communiques would always have been screams, taunts, sneers and jeers.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Time for another - parody of a poem - 'bout a man named Victor Cachat.

Leroy Brown was the baddest clown 'til the 'rrival of Victor Cachat...

**********Bad, Bad Victor Cachat**********
-by cthia

Well the South side of Chicago
Is the baddest part at that
And if you go down there
You better just beware of a man named Victor Cachat

Now Victor, more than trouble
You see he stood about five foot four
All the downtown ladies call him bigtime Lover
All the men just call him Sir

And it's bad, bad Cachat gettin' down
The baddest man in the whole damn town
Badder than old King Kong
And meaner than a junkyard dog

Now Victor, wasn't a gambler
And he like his fancy clothes
And he like to wave his fists around
In front of everybody's nose

He got a custom set of knuckles
He got a single shooter too
He got a pul-ser gun in his pocket for fun
He got a razor in his shoe

Well, Friday 'bout a week ago
There was Victor shootin' dice
And at the edge of the bar
Sat a girl named Thandi and ooh, that girl looked nice

Well, he cast his eyes upon her
And the trouble soon began
'Cause some old fool surely learned a lesson
'Bout messin' with a jealous man

Well, the two men took to fighting
And when they pulled them from the floor
The man sure looked like a jigsaw puzzle
And his ass was something sore

Yeah, badder than old King Kong

https://youtu.be/EwPRm5UMe1A

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pokermind   » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:52 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Chief, saw this on the Internet, 'Political Correctness:
The belief that it is possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.'" :lol:

"A pic linked by French Editions of the Honor Harrington books cover Artist Genkiks on his Facebook page:"

<For those without French it says 'Shit on fear' French reaction to the deaths in Paris. Genkkis wrote the following about the character, 'And this character is a very famous comic book character called "spirou". It's well known in France, Belgium, Switzerland, and more. Here it's almost as famous as Astérix or Tintin. So,it's a strong picture.'>

Poker & Mange
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by cthia   » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:45 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dumbass Manty Jokes

An old, very popular inside Solarian joke on Haven sector barbarians....
A Solly construction company subcontracted work to a Manty firm to assist in building the highest High Rises ever. Upon seeing a vaguely familiar piece of equipment the Solly engineer asked...

"What is that thing?!"

"That's a crane. It assists in reaching unreachable heights," said the Manty.

"Haven't you people heard of counter-grav?"

"Of course, what do you think we use to lift the crane?"

Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:15 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Since Rome, only the Solarian League has used the phrase "Barbarians at the Gate" to describe the navy on the other side of the junctions.

Post by cthia   » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:40 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hexapumas are rather partial to adult deer meat. They have a recipe for it.

They call it -- imminent doe mein.

Post by cthia   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:A treecat, hexapuma, peak bear and a gremlin became friends after the Yawata strike, vowing to avenge their fallen comrades should the two-legs ever reveal the face of the enemy. They vowed to live together in this unlikely band of heroes and had set up home deep in an uncharted Sphinx forest with plenty to hunt surrounded by beautiful acreages of wild celery patches.

Their friendship became deep and they often argued over who's the toughest.

"I'm the baddest mother-freakin' killer on the face o' the planet and ye all know it," said the hexapuma.

"Hrmmph, I'd have you for lunch and be pickin' ma teeth while starin' at Gremly over there," growled the peak bear.

"It's after midnite y'all, don't mess with Gremly after midnite," the Gremlin snarled."

Having said their peace they all turned to the unspoken treecat.

"Ok then," flattening his ears, "I'd kill all of you bitches for tearing up my celery patch! WHAT!"
Cthia wrote:Treecat: "Hey Hexy. You Pumas really are some tough SOBs. How do you train?"

Peak Bear, Gremlin: "Yea, how do you train?"

Hexapuma: "When a Puma turns adult, we dress him as a Marine, apply camouflage to his body and take him to a bar."

"Huh," answers the crowd.

Hexapuma: "Sooner or later this human called a Harkness always comes in. Seems waving dress blues in front of that SOB is worst than waving red in front of a bull. You may survive the horns. But you're sure to get trampled and stomped. That's a nasty mean fucking critter. Trained many a Puma. The ones that survived the encounter anyways."
cthia wrote:Revisiting this unlikely band of vigilantes...

"Oh no, I knew we shouldn't have gone off all half-cocked looking for the MAlign. Now we're surrounded by all of these mean looking genetically engineered creatures. What are we going to do now?" asked the Gremlin.

Somehow finding himself the leader of this outnumbered army of four, the treecat quickly found an answer. He turned to the healthy hexapuma and cut him fiercely with his claws. The peak bear, ever trusting the treecat, did the same, further injuring the strongest of their own ally.

Before the befuddled and panicked Gremlin could complain, behind his back there was a huge commotion and screaming. When the Gremlin turned around, the hexapuma had killed all of the Crazy 88.

"What happened?" asked the Gremlin.

"There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded hexapuma," said the treecat.

"Damn straight," said the peak bear recalling a similar experience.
cthia wrote:It is time to check in with our unlikely band of wanna-be heroes for an update.

< "Hey, we should so make some tough names for ourselves. You know, for effect," says the treecat. "I will call myself DIXON, because I am going to cut a demarcating line right down the middle of each Mesan encountered. Get it? Mesan & Dixon line?" >

"Well call me MERLIN," says the hexapuma. I'm gonna put a hex on 'em. Now you see 'em. Now you don't."

Peak Bear :roll: "What a bunch of Pussies! Since they like the sex trade so much. Call me TRIPLE X. I'm gonna just shove 'em deep down my throat!"
cthia wrote:It seems a new ally has joined this unlikely band of heroes. A female treecat - a dame, who has more than a little hero worship for the Protector's Champion. She has brought with her a self-forged sword of her own, "the Sword of Dame-O-Trees." She calls herself the People's Champion.

And just like the champion of whom she has patterned herself, after capturing Detweiler, DameOtrees shall ask just one question...

< My Lord, do you want this man gutted or rutted? >

TBC
cthia wrote:Visiting our war mongers during the Thanksgiving holiday finds them enjoying a nice meal of a large coordinated bison-like catch. Everyone is eating all prim and proper and minding their manners (there's a lady amongst them now) for the occasion. Except the hexapuma. He's digging right in, culture thrown right out the window. But it's the way he's crunching cartilage and all that earns him this look :o

"What?! Yes, we eat the bones and all okay?! They're delicious...

Haven't you animals ever heard of bone appétit?"
Last edited by cthia on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by pokermind   » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:18 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Chief, "I wonder how the next HH main line novel is coming?"

Mange, <Perhaps he has introduced a new:>

"Well at least it's not a Grav-Lance equipped LAC with a treecat crew and Medusan Marines."

Poker & Mange

Post by saber964   » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:45 pm

saber964
Admiral

pokermind wrote:Chief, "I wonder how the next HH main line novel is coming?"

Mange, <Perhaps he has introduced a new:>

"Well at least it's not a Grav-Lance equipped LAC with a treecat crew and Medusan Marines."

Poker & Mange

No, that Medusan crewed LAC's with Treecat Marines in Battle Armor.
Post by pokermind   » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:22 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Chief, "LMAO!"

Mange, <LAME!>

Poker & Mange

Return to Honorverse