Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 32 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by Brigade XO   » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:08 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Pavel Young's Memoirs

"Salamanders sure are slippery when they're wet."

Some Salamanders have a tendency to burn things, wet or not.
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Brigade XO wrote:
cthia wrote:Pavel Young's Memoirs

"Salamanders sure are slippery when they're wet."

Some Salamanders have a tendency to burn things, wet or not.

So, she's wet, spicy hot, sometimes sweet and sometimes sour. Sounds like Asian cuisine to me. It's obvious Young didn't speak Chinese well.

He thought he was ordering 1. Sum Yung Chick...Hot and Spicy.

He really ordered the special 2. Sum Dum Fuc. Raw and Bloody. Then he proceeded to bite off more than he could chew.

He should have stuck with his usual 3. Rai Ping Yu served over a hot bed of 4. Sum Dum Ho.

Actually, he never should have tried the new eatery. SITUASIAN. But he thought they really did serve up horse.

His fortune cookie tried to warn him . . .

Wong take out. Lim ping.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Armsman's Memoirs

The day we nearly had to evacuate the city.

Feisty Newsie: "Salamander my ass, more like a spoiled brat," whispering to a colleague. "Harrington, have you ever even taken out the trash?"

" :o "

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:34 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Queen Berry's Memoirs

"Beth's latest communique referred to Victor and Thandi as 'An Officer and a Gentleman', but we don't know which is which."

Post by cthia   » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Helen Zilwicki's Memoirs

Victor, Thandi and Helen walk into a bar.

"Victor, why are they calling her Air Palane?"

"Give it a minute. Sooner or later bodies are flying through the air. And it's a round trip."

Post by cthia   » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Jeremy X's Memoirs

"So I asked Hugh how the first night went in her boudoir."

"Screw you Jeremy!"

"That bad, huh? What happened, did your fireworks go off, prematurely?"

"Of course not! Well, not exactly."

"What does, not exactly mean?"

"She asked me to fluff her pillow right before dropping her robe. I turned the entire suite into a snow globe with feathers flying everywhere."

"And you still got laid. I guess displaying all of your feathers as a prelude to sex doesn't just work for peacocks."

"If I get my hands on you Jeremy, I'm going to turn you into, just X!"

Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:43 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Master Tye's Memoirs

I stopped working with Honor when she started getting uppity. Our last conversation went something like this . . .

"My feet and hands are fast," I told her.
"So are mine."

"I can kill with one finger."
"So can I."

"I can talk to nature."
"I can talk to my cat."

"I can see things far off."
"So can eye."

"I can give you the moon."
"I can blow it up."

"I've got an entire dojo behind me."
"I've got three planets, three navies, two churches and a species of cats."

"Go to hell Honor!"
"I've been there, and back."

Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:16 pm

TFLYTSNBN

cthia wrote:Master Tye's Memoirs

I stopped working with Honor when she started getting uppity. Our last conversation went something like this . . .

"My feet and hands are fast," I told her.
"So are mine."

"I can kill with one finger."
"So can I."

"I can talk to nature."
"I can talk to my cat."

"I can see things far off."
"So can eye."

"I can give you the moon."
"I can blow it up."

"I've got an entire dojo behind me."
"I've got three planets, three navies, two churches and a species of cats."

"Go to hell Honor!"
"I've been there, and back."

I like ther comment about salamanders being slippery when wet. This is particularly true when they are all shaped up during a shower.
Post by cthia   » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Michelle Henke's Memoirs

"Honor didn't date at the Academy. All she did was hit the books and she hit them hard. After she graduated, she started hitting people, and Crown Envoys, and warships. And she hit them hard."

Post by cthia   » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:54 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
I like ther comment about salamanders being slippery when wet. This is particularly true when they are all shaped up during a shower.

Remember the old soap on a rope?

Pavel Young was a dope on soap.

Return to Honorverse