Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Theemile and 37 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:34 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Manticore offered to place Harahap into their Witness Protection Program. But he had already exhausted all possible new names and occupations.
Confessions of a sex slave.

"What's it like to be a sex slave?"

"Do you like being between a rock and a hard place? Well trust me, it isn't any better when the rock and the hard place is always between you."
Why does Honor wear so many hats?

Because she's always facing some sort of fallout.
It has always been a necessary evil that enemy forces endure the nausea of downward translations into N space. Yet, downward translations of enemy forces into Manticoran space has always been doubly severe. There is the nausea of the translation itself. Then there is the nausea that comes knowing you may be facing Harrington.

Downward translations into H space has always been a copper-plated bloodthirsty bitch.
Someone in the League is sticking it to Carmichael...

"Besides, you can't go around calling people idiots! Someone on Manticore IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PUTTING PAT GIVENS ON HALF PAY! Whatever idiot is responsible for that brainstorm should have had his testicles snipped and his gene pool culled!"
"No no no, Honor. You can't start smoking weed!"

"Why not Michelle?"

"Do you know what that stuff will do to your already jacked-up metabolism? It'll give you the munchies so bad you'll eat up everything, including Nimitz and McGuniess!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:42 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The number one candidate for shock therapy.

If the worse psychopathic regime in the history of mankind refers to you as a psychopathic killer -- AND THINKS YOU ARE SO BAD THAT THEY WANT TO KILL YOUR ENTIRE GENE POOL -- then take one lead of a battery, shove it up your anal orifice and suck on the other.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ELLY AND BETH

"Well, there is something I'd like to ask you Beth."

"Go ahead Elly."

"I want to know what you really thought of me before you learned about the forged correspondence. I mean really thought of me. Come on, I heard all about that famed Winton Temper," as she hoists her shot glass of Old Tecumseh bourbon.

Elizabeth studied her. For the first time she hesitated which way to go, not knowing if Eloise was quite ready for that kind of brutal honesty. But then she turned to Ariel who gave her the green light.

"Very well. I was so pissed off with you that Justin had to restrain me from hijacking a courier, going to Noveau Paris and challenging you to a duel!"

Ariel jumped down off his perch and signed to Eloise...

<She said "I AM GOING TO BEAT THAT BITCH'S ASS!">

" :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Last edited by cthia on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Coulda-woulda-shoulda been one-liners

King Roger, "If blood must be shed, let it run Peep red."

Honor before her death rides, "Banzai!"

Just before the Protector's Own avenging launch of the murder of Honor Harrington, "We are thankful for what ye are about to receive."

Right before the Yawata strike, "TIMES UP!"

Beth, "High Ridge is the price we had to pay for God giving us the MWJ."

The Peeps, "As God is our witness, we will never go hungry again."

Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:38 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Post by cthia   » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:38 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The Admiralty is searching for the wise guy and will tear him or her a new ass if he or she is found. Ever since Pavel Young and Elvis Santino, someone keeps changing the sign on BuPers door to BluPers.

Post by cthia   » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:40 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Reincarnation has been confirmed. Pavel Young came back as a snake in the grass. The snake's mindglow was identified as that of Pavel Young's by the mated pair on horseback.

The snake was then trampled by the horse. Same demise.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The real reason Honor doesn't drink coffee.

How many pots would a genie drink if a nongenie only drinks two.

How many pots could Macguiness brew with so many other things due.

Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:47 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"You missed one Uncle. Honor liked watching archived Old Earth footage. Guess what this inspired her to do?," says my niece.

Every time I think of that entire confrontation of Honor going up against Summervale, I cannot stop my mind from transposing the scene in "Tombstone" when Doc Holiday (Val Kilmer) went up against the famously fast Johnny Ringo...

But first, to set it up.

"Come on Denver! Come on! Come on! Poor soul. He was just too high-strung."

Post by cthia   » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:27 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The most popular kids cereal in the galaxy.

CreepS n PeepS

Sweet Salamanders, frightened Peeps and dry roasted Solarian marshmallows. They snap, crackle and pop.

Return to Honorverse