Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 49 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by pokermind   » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:57 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Hmm, thinking of a duel as fun, meeting a woman who's fiance you just killed who takes every thing even revinge seriously, oops!

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:09 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

pokermind wrote:Hmm, thinking of a duel as fun, meeting a woman who's fiance you just killed who takes every thing even revinge seriously, oops!

Poker

She left him plenty of time to think to himself, 'You're no fun. You shoot from the hip.'

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

My niece has little respect for male college students. Three of them recently caused over $30,000 worth of damage inside their parents' home flying bottle rockets -- again, inside.

"So I asked the three of them how long it took before the curtains caught fire?" Glowers my niece.

"They went up in flames on our first volley."

"What exactly differently did you expect to happen?" Asked my niece.

She's always saying that boys are dumb as tree-bark and she'll only consider dating a tall one whose head is far away from the trunk.

I came across this when reading "A Beautiful Friendship." Shadow Hider seems to somewhat second my niece's conviction.

<What are you listening for, Climbs Quickly?> a mind-voice asked, and he looked back over his shoulder.

Shadow Hider was well named, for more than one reason, he thought. The other scout was all but invisible against the net-wood bark, even to Climbs Quickly, who knew exactly where he was from his mind-glow. Climbs Quickly had no fear that Shadow Hider would betray their presence to the two-legs, but that was unlikely to make him any more pleasant as a companion.

<The two-leg mind-glow,> he replied to the question, and tasted Shadow Hider’s flicker of irritation at the tone of his own mind-voice. He’d made no attempt to hide the exaggerated patience of that tone, since Shadow Hider would have tasted the emotions behind it just as clearly.

<Why?> Shadow Hider asked bluntly. <We already know they are as mind-blind as the burrow runners or the bark-chewers, Climbs Quickly.>

Shadow Hider’s disdain for any creatures who were so completely deaf and dumb was obvious in his mind-glow, and Climbs Quickly suppressed a desire to cross back over to the junior scout’s position and cuff him sharply across the nose.

"Dumb as the bark-chewers?" Sounds suspiciously close enough to "Dumb as tree bark" if you ask me! :lol:

Boy does my niece get a kick out of this. Like I really needed to give her any more ammo. :roll:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Consider the more flashier younger Detweiler son. He has the fastest sports car of a yacht in town. For some reason she is called "Insane Bolt."

In some circles she is claimed to be a legendary Olympic runner.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:27 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Consider the more flashier younger Detweiler son. He has the fastest sports car of a yacht in town. For some reason she is called "Insane Bolt."

In some circles she is claimed to be a legendary Olympic runner.

She once made a cannonball run from way out beyond the Verge, stopping by Sol then continuing on to the Haven sector in a "still classified" time.

Slogan from the inner onion...

When it absolutely, positively has to be there... yesterday.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:46 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

NSANE BOLT - MAlign design. Outrun deadline. Redline.
=> => => :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Unique security system. Must reproduce all faces of Detweiler.

Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Case: Zulu was a Royal Manticoran Navy alarm signal that was to be sent from a Naval vessel or installation upon good evidence that an invasion of the Star Kingdom of Manticore was imminent.

Case: WOOHOO! was an old pirate alarm signal that was to be sent from a pirate vessel throughout the 'brotherhood of pirates' upon good evidence that the Star Kingdom is under a Case Zulu -- when all of that unwanted firepower is magically sucked into the black hole called The Manticore Binary System. The little fish are suddenly biting!

Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:45 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"Will someone else please take a turn snatching some of this shit off! My arm is getting tired!"

Post by cthia   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:47 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:

"Will someone else please take a turn snatching some of this shit off! My arm is getting tired!"

"Ok, but I ain't touching that 'Star of Grayson.' Look at 'em hovering! The Graysons don't take too kindly to snatching their bling off!"

Return to Honorverse