Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:32 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Weber should've called the last book Celery.

On release date we'd all be runningforcelery.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:26 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Victor Cachat.

Some of his acquaintances inside the PRH have nicknamed him The little Viet Cong, from his uncanny ability to attack you from all sides without warning.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:09 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Beth is Raoul's godparent. I know how that goes on Sag Isle grad day.

"I didn't know what to get the man, who already has everything, for graduation Raoul, so here's your very own armed Yacht. I got the girls at Bolthole to fix her up real nice. She can take on an entire Solly fleet, if you can find one."

"You got Shannon and Sonja to pimp my ride Aunt Beth? Bitchin!"

Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:01 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Perhaps Honor should step up Raoul's security detail because the MAlign may try to kidnap him...

Since he seems to be immune to leveled missile batteries.

Post by cthia   » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:38 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor finally laughs about the jokes targeting her on planet.

Honor can't figure out why so many couples are inviting her to their wedding.

With so many medals, she stands in perfectly for a car dragging tin cans.

Honor's ship can no longer hide in stealth. Her enemies just turn on their medal detectors.

Certain Keys on Grayson and Manticore's own Opposition are claiming that Harrington is no longer worth her weight in medals.

The Opposition is approaching Harrington to do the right thing and send her medals to the breakers. "She has enough to build an SD!"

Certain members of the Keys are teaming with bribed environmentalists and complaining about Harrington bringing heavy medals inside the city.

It seems that Honor is perturbed because so many civilians are saluting her on planet.

But they aren't. They're shielding their eyes from the sun's glare reflected off her medals. She's become a hazard.

Was Honor facing the sun when she dueled?

No wonder she didn't turn sideways. She had the advantage of glare.

Honor has so many medals that foreign governments think she's wearing body armor.

Some governments see her and think she's a Japanese creation with two-legs up in robotics.

McGuiness has rubbed so many medals that a genie pops out every time.

Honor has to wear lead shielding before every missile launch because she's shining so brightly it confuses Apollo.

The Hauptmans aren't really her friends, they're trying to mine the medals.

Honor has so many medals her ship can only tow half the amount of pods. Shannon has suggested she should just limpet them to the hull.

"Why is Harrington's ship flashing her running lights?"

"That's just Honor hurrying past the observation decks."

Post by cthia   » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:27 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Raoul is in his terrible twos? Oh! no! :roll:

Terrible twos my ass. All you have to do for terrible twos is plug up all of the AC outlets so they won't accidentally fry their brains, then leave the little rug rats to play in the artificial turf -- the thick pile carpeting. Or the artificial greens of a Persian rug. At two, they can only reach your knees. A few years later, however....

"Raoul! Get out of Emily's chair! That isn't a freakin' bumper car! HOLD ON EMILY!"

"It's not a bumper car mom! It's a Q-Ship! I rigged the battery to discharge graser fire! See?!"

"OUCH! Dammit Raoul!"

"Don't you know to stay out of energy range mother?"

< :lol: :lol: :lol: >

Yep, the kid got his IQ from Honor for sure! Meyerdahl B(rat).

Post by cthia   » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:37 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Why were treecats so successful at stealing celery?

They're naturally great stalkers.

Post by Brigade XO   » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Where are Nimitz and Samantha in dealing with Raoul? Taking sanity breaks?
Post by saber964   » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:32 pm

saber964
Admiral

Brigade XO wrote:Where are Nimitz and Samantha in dealing with Raoul? Taking sanity breaks?

So thats where they are.
Post by cthia   » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:34 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Perhaps Harrington did have a little horse in her. She had a long stride, a long mane and had a thing for Colts.

And she eats like one too.

"I'm so hungry I could eat a horse."

"Make sure it's a large one, Michelle. The last one I ordered left me a bit hungry!"

" :o :lol: "

Return to Honorverse