Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlb and 70 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:34 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

NEWSFLASH!

Remember Star Trek's Nemesis where Picard met his most worthy opponent? A cloned copy of himself?

The MAlign has just released upon the Haven sector a cloned copy of Honor Harrington in command of their new ships. She has been studying all of the amassed data on operations, maneuvers, battles and data on the Salamander pilfered from RMN computers. This new, young Harrington even has the telltale tick. When two ticks meet, blood will flow.

The heat has just been turned up in the kitchen.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:48 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:NEWSFLASH!

Remember Star Trek's Nemesis where Picard met his most worthy opponent? A cloned copy of himself?

The MAlign has just released upon the Haven sector a cloned copy of Honor Harrington in command of their new ships. She has been studying all of the amassed data on operations, maneuvers, battles and data on the Salamander pilfered from RMN computers. This new, young Harrington even has the telltale tick. When two ticks meet, blood will flow.

The problem is clone is not a true copy of a person. Yes, a clone is a genetic copy of a person, but it is not actually that person. Because a person is defined by his or her life experiences and choices.
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:15 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:
cthia wrote:NEWSFLASH!

The problem is clone is not a true copy of a person. Yes, a clone is a genetic copy of a person, but it is not actually that person. Because a person is defined by his or her life experiences and choices.

What you're saying, in fact, is that this Honor Harrington won't be so nice. She'll wear a uniform made of copper-plated bitchness, with the tactical acumen of the Salamander and the cold hearted heartlessness of the MAlign.

Good news is, she doesn't ignore lifepods. Bad news is, she doesn't take prisoners.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The most overworked yet overlooked and embarrassing ship registry in any fleet is...
SLN Draft Dodgers
RHN Draft Dodgers
HMS Draft Dodgers

These ships are tasked with tracking down and recovering the draft dodgers no matter the time or expense. Draft dodging in the Honorverse carries a penalty of death.

What, you didn't think the Bureau of Personnel was able to consistently scare up warm bodies in job lots if they weren't actually scaring them up did you?

Interesting, the draft in the Honorverse would entail getting a very long distance letter from a system far away in the League's case. Heck, since the junctions are closed now, by the time some draftees would get their notice, it's too late. lol

Many evaders were collected on Grayson playing baseball. They were calling themselves, the Dodgers.

Perhaps the closing of the junctions was responsible for a lot of SLN AWOLs.

Post by saber964   » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:24 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:The most overworked yet overlooked and embarrassing ship registry in any fleet is...
SLN Draft Dodgers
RHN Draft Dodgers
HMS Draft Dodgers

These ships are tasked with tracking down and recovering the draft dodgers no matter the time or expense. Draft dodging in the Honorverse carries a penalty of death.

What, you didn't think the Bureau of Personnel was able to consistently scare up warm bodies in job lots if they weren't actually scaring them up did you?

Interesting, the draft in the Honorverse would entail getting a very long distance letter from a system far away in the League's case. Heck, since the junctions are closed now, by the time some draftees would get their notice, it's too late. lol

Many evaders were collected on Grayson playing baseball. They were calling themselves, the Dodgers.

Perhaps the closing of the junctions was responsible for a lot of SLN AWOLs.

Got you beat, in RM Meluch's Tour of the Merrimack series they have ships named 'Sunlit Meadows' 'Windward Isles' and 'Woodland Serenity' of which two of them are 'warships'.
Post by cthia   » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:59 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

What's it called when a snarling treecat attacks and rips up your slacks with accompanying results?

Exlax.

Post by cthia   » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:35 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
What's it called when a snarling treecat attacks and rips up your slacks with accompanying results?

Exlax.

Does the results escape the backside of the moon's gravity?

Depends.

Post by cthia   » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:44 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:What's it called when a snarling treecat attacks and rips up your slacks with accompanying results?

Exlax.

cthia wrote:Does the results escape the backside of the moon's gravity?

Depends.

Several of my foreign friends (Romanian) didn't get the punch line of these jokes; each are double entendres - though the first is a double entendre and an implication. I didn't consider that they depend on familiarity of two American products. Although Simona burst out in hysterical, uncontrollable laughter when she finally got it. Simona maintains that the joke is too cerebral. But she's a blonde surgeon - in which I tease her is an oxymoron.

Exlax is an American product - a laxative in varying strengths and sizes. The other half of the double entendre is "ex-slacks." As in the slacks are no more.
http://www.ex-lax.com/product_information.shtml

Depends are high-tech American adult diapers. And, of course, the double entendre made of the natural meaning of the word depends.
https://www.depend.com/

Post by cthia   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Only as a joke of the Admiralty was Harold Styles able to make Rear Admiral, because he had a full-blown Colonel of corn-fed cretin shoved up his ass!

And of course, the cretin got to poppin' in hell then him-a-roars!

Post by pokermind   » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:02 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

:lol: Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.

Return to Honorverse