Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I can't believe that the Mandarins haven't realized they've been penetrated with a ten-foot pole. The standard system of measurement on Earth must still be really easy to handle in the Honorverse.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The MAlign must have used some very DNA specific KY Jelly.

It must have been some of that "We can't believe it's Liebenden Nussbutter" Jelly.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The Angel of Death asked Honor if she'd fill in for him some time.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:29 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

HD EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW OF HARRINGTON

"Harrington, do you think Beowulf's actions were treasonous?"

"Hell yea I do. Beowulf should never have made the League look so bad by showing what a functioning brain looks like."

Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:58 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor is headed to the Sol system to put the 800# gorilla on the All You Can Eat Salamander Diet of missiles and pods.

Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:40 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

To understand the constipated gorilla's angst, one simply has to read between the lines...

SLNS Québec
Dzung System
Solarian League

Admiral Capriotti tipped back his chair, snip “Now that we’ve covered the bare essentials," snip The expected chuckle ran around the table, snip Then he sipped coffee, snip and allowed his expression to sober. “Seriously,” he said, “this whole thing is coming at us pretty damned fast. snip I’m very happy with all of you for the way you’ve already dug in on that — but we snip must’ve missed something. snip So I want each of you to spend the next twelve hours or so going over your individual parts snip before we leave Dzung.

Lay off the coffee, Admiral. It always gives me the runs too.

Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:22 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Stupidity must be a sexually transmitted disease, because the SLN keeps screwing themselves.

Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:16 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor is tutoring Faith aboard ship in system.

"Why do I have to learn physics Honor? I want to be a starship captain."

"Then you have to learn the basics."

"Like what?"

"See those Solly ships headed our way?"

"Yes."

"Objects in motion will remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force."

Ka-BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!

"See?"

Post by cthia   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor is back! And she is un·com·pro·mis·ing!

Beowulf is so bad. So very very bad. Ahead of Honor was an express communique sent directly to the Mandarins by registered mail hinting of a certain arrival...

My Boyfriend's Back
THE ANGELS

He went away and you hung around
And bothered me, every night
And when I wouldn't go out with you
You said things that weren't very nice

My boyfriend's back and you're gonna be in trouble
(Hey-la-day-la my boyfriend's back)
You see him comin' better cut out on the double
You been spreading lies that I was untrue
So look out now cause he's comin' after you
(Hey, he knows that you been tryin')
(And he knows that you been lyin')
He's been gone for such a long time
Now he's back and things'll be fine
You're gonna be sorry you were ever born
Cause he's kinda big and he's awful strong
(Hey he knows I wasn't cheatin'!)
(Now you're gonna get a beatin'!)
(What made you think he'd believe all your lies?)
(Wah-ooo, wah-ooo)
(You're a big man now but he'll cut you down to size
(Wah-ooo, wait and see)
My boyfriend's back he's gonna save my reputation
If I were you I'd take a permanent vacation
(Hey-la, hey-la, my boyfriend's back)
Yeah, my boyfriend's back
(La-day-la, my boyfriend's back)
Look out now, yeah, my boyfriend's back
I could see him comin'
So you better get a runnin'
Alright now
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
(La-day-la, my boyfriends's back)
My boyfriend's back now

[Fades]
Know he's comin' after you
Because he knows I've been true now...

Post by cthia   » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The Windy City

Old Chicago has long since been known as the Windy City because of all of the hot air emanating from the politicians and citizens.

It got real windy when Honor crossed the hyper limit. A real live Category 5 hurricane.

"Hurry Cain, hurry! We gotta get outta here!"

Post by cthia   » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:26 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Someone please tell me the Salamander had a couple of memorable one-liners, like, say...

"The stubborn nails have arrived you arrogant gorilla. By my reckoning, it's hammer's time."

Return to Honorverse