Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 47 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:10 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Harrington's Memoirs

"Honor, why didn't you speak up about the rape?"

"If I had, Young would have been court martialed and the Navy would have taken care of him. I knew that if I allowed him to slip through the cracks and keep feeding him rope, I'd get to take care of him. It's the grandest strategy I've ever had."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:11 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Right before attempting to rape her, Pavel Young told Honor to pony up.

This is likely what got his ass kicked. Honor is sick of all the horse shit.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:26 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz' Memoirs

"Nimitz, what is the hardest thing you've ever done?"
<Keeping my composure after Honor killed Pavel Young. She was laughing so hard inside it was all I could do not to join her. Two-leg laughter is contagious>

"Would you have killed Burdette if he'd won?"
<No, his injuries would have killed him>

"Would you have killed Young if he'd succeeded in raping Honor?"
<It's the only time Honor would have beaten me to the mark>

Post by cthia   » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Elizabeth III Memoirs

"Beth, you must have a hell of a taxidermist, considering your legendary temper and habit of having your grudges stuffed and mounted on the wall."

"When my father was grooming me, he said a Queen must have a good tailor to hide the bulges, a good hairdresser to hide the bad hair day and a good taxidermist to hide the object of one's ire."

Last edited by cthia on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Mike's Memoirs

"You have to understand, Honor didn't exactly see eye to eye with the Graysons then. The last communiqué I received from her stated that she had to put on a show for the Queen at a State Dinner. I told her to break a leg. Then I received an HD showing of her on the Maccabeus Coup. Clearly the next time I tell her to break a leg, I'll be more explicit."

Post by cthia   » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:55 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hamish's Memoirs

"There's a rumor circulating about that you are making excuses for Janacek's actions."

"I'd like to set the record straight. I merely said that he might've sustained too many cranial injuries on the gridiron."

"What is your personal opinion of your wife's strategy and tactics?"

"Showing her opponent exactly what they wish to see works flawlessly. Seduces me every time."

Post by cthia   » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Sonja's Memoirs

"Why do you dislike being called Admiral Low Delhi?"

"Honor has a reputation of eating her enemies alive. Low Delhi sounds too much like a sandwich shop."

Post by cthia   » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:46 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Shannon's Memoirs

"Why were you called a tac witch?"

"Our tac systems weren't as advanced as the Manties. I had a reputation of being able to blow up data onscreen. I've always been fond of blowing things up."

Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:37 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Usher's Memoirs

"Kevin, did you really have a drinking problem?"

"Of course I did. How else could I convince anyone that I drank the dead bodies they found under the table?"

Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:34 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Samantha's Memoirs

<Just when Nimitz had convinced me of the joys of "phone sex" he has to go and get himself disconnected>

Return to Honorverse