Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 87 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Wed May 13, 2015 11:14 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Haven has been receiving a mass number of requests from couples asking to get married on Hades.

They figure, if they can only begin their marriage in hell, it can only go uphill from there!

:lol:

And if, after a certain number of years they awaken to find themselves still in hell, then they can just take the matter to a divorce court, on the grounds that their marriage really isn't going anywhere.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by OrlandoNative   » Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 am

OrlandoNative
Captain (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:
cthia wrote:Haven has been receiving a mass number of requests from couples asking to get married on Hades.

They figure, if they can only begin their marriage in hell, it can only go uphill from there!

:lol:

And if, after a certain number of years they awaken to find themselves still in hell, then they can just take the matter to a divorce court, on the grounds that their marriage really isn't going anywhere.

Only if the divorce is no fault, since I don't think that particular reason has ever been considered a valid justification.
"Yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again."
Post by cthia   » Sun May 17, 2015 11:10 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor Harrington is spending far too much time on Grayson. Since first setting foot on that planet, she's exhibiting the signs of "heavy medals." And it's an accumulative effect.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Yow   » Sun May 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:Honor Harrington is spending far too much time on Grayson. Since first setting foot on that planet, she's exhibiting the signs of "heavy medals." And it's an accumulative effect.

Stomach pains from groaning... The after effect of manical laughter.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by cthia   » Sun May 17, 2015 5:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Yow wrote:
cthia wrote:Honor Harrington is spending far too much time on Grayson. Since first setting foot on that planet, she's exhibiting the signs of "heavy medals." And it's an accumulative effect.

Stomach pains from groaning... The after effect of manical laughter.

I know what you mean Yow. My niece and I got a big laugh out of it too.

Does anyone think Harkness' problem was that he suffered from "love at first fight?"

Post by cthia   » Fri May 22, 2015 11:31 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor decided to rehabilitate Andrea Jaruwalski after digging much deeper into the matter. It was discovered that Jaruwalski went to great lengths trying to talk Elvis Santino into a better state of preparedness. She even redid an Old Earth Motown sound to get through to him, to no avail. A parody of Teddy Pendergrass' ...

Wake Up Everybody
by Andrea Jaruwalski

Wake up everybody, no more sleepin' in bed
No more backward thinkin' time for thinkin' ahead
The war has changed so very much from what it used to be
There is so much hatred and responsibility

Wake up all the Ensigns, time to teach a new way
Maybe then they'll listen to whatcha have to say
They're the ones who's coming up, the Kingdom's in their hands
When you teach these Ensigns, teach 'em the very best you can
The war won't get no better
If we just let it be
We gotta change it, yeah, just you and me

Wake up all the doctors, make the ol' people well
They're the ones who suffer an' who catch all the hell
But they don't have so very long before the judgment day
So won'tcha make them happy before they pass away?

Wake up all the builders, time to build a new land
I know we can do it if we all lend a hand
The only thing we have to do is put it in our mind
Surely things will work out, they do it every time
If we just let it be
We gotta change it, yeah, just you and me

https://youtu.be/uyAuATJXc14

Post by pokermind   » Sat May 23, 2015 1:35 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Genkis' latest cover Honorverse Companion:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=363594620497265&set=a.148448115345251.1073741829.100005401891588&type=1&theater

Enjoy, Poker.

Mange, <Is that Lester "Cowboy" Tourville in the back? If so he added a few pounds in captivity.>
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by cthia   » Sun May 24, 2015 5:14 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

13-yr-old Tierney sponsored...

Dicey ended up visiting Protector's Palace and somehow ended up on the menu of the smaller treecats.

After Benjamin discovered the horror, he gave the little miscreants a piece of his mind for which they replied...

<We are too small to take on a hexapuma>

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?!"

<We rather be hung for a housecat than a hexapuma>

Post by pokermind   » Sun May 24, 2015 3:47 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

pokermind wrote:Genkis' latest cover Honorverse Companion:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=363594620497265&set=a.148448115345251.1073741829.100005401891588&type=1&theater

Enjoy, Poker.

Mange, <Is that Lester "Cowboy" Tourville in the back? If so he added a few pounds in captivity.>

Genkis Genkkis on Facebook: "Yes, i thought that it gives Something more to the character. It goes Well with his behavior, no ?
And it's boring if i draw only thin People"
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Genkis   » Mon May 25, 2015 7:16 am

Genkis
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

lol, I wasn't aware that I discussed with Mange ;)

Return to Honorverse