Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 42 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:58 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I was sworn under court order not to talk of this for a total of 5 years.

Now, the statue of limitations has run out...

David Weber's fans are called Celerians.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:44 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

A bit of overheard discussion inside the Onion.

"Damn stupid Manticorans. TWTSNBN is the MAlign."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:58 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Iris Babcock once told Honor "You don't land like a salamander."

Post by cthia   » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

A bonded interogator let aboard Imperator to question a suspected Mesan operative...

"Sorry for the mess Honor. My name is Occam. My 'Cats name is Razors."

< Simplest way to get them to spill their guts is to open them up >

Post by cthia   » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:11 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Far into the future, Beth and Eloise have grandkids and they meet while they are only 9-yrs-old. They came to be very good friends in the end, but it was a rocky beginning right from the start, with Beth's grandchild bragging just a bit about what transpired right before the forming of the GA. It went a little something like this...

IKO IKO
Cyndi Lauper

My grandma and your grandma were
Sittin' by the fire
My grandma told your grandma
I'm gonna set your flag on fire

Talk-in' 'bout
Hey now
Hey now
Iko, iko, un day
Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-ne
Jock-a-mo fee-na-ne

Look at my king all dressed in red
Iko, iko, un-day
I bet-cha five dollars he'll kill you dead
Jock-a-mo fee na-ne

Talk-in' 'bout
Hey now
Hey now
Iko, iko, un day
Jock-a-mo fee-na-ne

See that guy all dressed in green
Iko, iko, un-day
He's not a man he's a lovin' machine
Jock-a-mo fee na-ne

Talk-in' 'bout
Hey now
Hey now
Iko, iko, un day
Jock-a-mo fee-na-ne

My flag boy and your flag boy were
Sittin' by the fire
My flag boy told your flag boy
I'm gonna set your flag on fire

Talk-in' 'bout
Hey now
Hey now
Iko, iko, un day
Jock-a-mo fee-na-ne

Kids, will be kids.

Post by cthia   » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:57 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Young tried to rape Honor, but she wasn't going to take it lying down.

Post by cthia   » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:56 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
BREAKING NEWS

A very old wiretapping of a secret meeting in the House of Lords reminiscent of the Watergate scandal of yore is found and "leaked" to the public. Parts of audio is inaudible as the subject seems to be spouting incoherent vehemence through gritted teeth...

"Have you all gone mad! That out of control lunatic simply cannot be allowed to have a seat in the Lords!"

"Why not?"

" :o " ...

"BECAUSE IT'D ONLY BE A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THAT HOLIER-THAN-THOU JUMPED-UP BASEBORN BITCH..."

"#@&%$" (bleep)

"#%$@#@##@$@#$@#$" (inaudible)

"@%&%" (bleep)

"IS LORD OF THE WHOLE PHUCKING REALM!"

After some time has passed...

" :roll: Just as I warned you idiots. Now she's

LORD OF THE WHOLE FUCKING REALM

THE TWO KINGDOMS!"

Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:40 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

“None of that would’ve been necessary if not for the fucking Manties.” Gervais’s voice was a snarl. “It’s that goddamned loose warhead Gold Peak’s fault.

Is that a loose MHk-16 gold peaked warhead or an MHk-23?

Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

“None of that would’ve been necessary if not for the fucking Manties.” Gervais’s voice was a snarl. “It’s that goddamned loose warhead Gold Peak’s fault.

My word! What kinds of mischief did Henke and Harrington engage in as roomies?

One went on to become a loose warhead and the other a loose cannon!

Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

“None of that would’ve been necessary if not for the fucking Manties.” Gervais’s voice was a snarl. “It’s that goddamned loose warhead Gold Peak’s fault. If she weren’t such a maniac, if we hadn’t known she’d be coming for Mesa as soon as she possibly could, we wouldn’t have had to rush Houdini that way and Mom and Dad would be right here on Darius right now.”

Detweiler A-L.

I guess they aren't so smart after all. Didn't even know that M comes after L. [M]anties.

Return to Honorverse