Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

Beowulf and the Empire

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.

Could Beowulf become a member of the Star Empire of Manticore

Yes
35%
No
38%
Maybe
27%

Total votes : 55

Re: Beowulf and the Empire
Post by robert132   » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:11 am

robert132
Captain of the List

Sheriff Yoda wrote:
Jay6722 wrote:I want to know how many people think that Beowulf will join the empire. My vote is maybe They do have a strong relationship with Manticore.

There's no doubt that they have a strong relationship with Manticore, but I don't think it is close enough for a political union such as what the Talbot Cluster sought. They will be very close allies, but nothing more.

I agree with Sheriff Yoda and with his reasoning. I think Beowulf's position will be secure as an ally of the Star Empire with very close diplomatic relations. The wormhole link means military aid is close by if needed.

Beowulf's connections with others within the Solarian League will likely be critical to Mantacore's efforts to find the physical locations of the source of the OB attack and the identities and locations of the people making the decisions.

I predict dark days ahead for the MAlignment when that information comes to light. Ready or not, the MAN will have to waltz with Duchess Alexander-Harrington and all the good friends who come with her to the dance.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Re: Beowulf and the Empire
Post by n7axw   » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:52 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Manticore and Beowulf are already close friends and have been for centuries.

They won't seek political union, but the current situation will drive them closer together. As the galaxy deteriorates into chaos, they will have each other's backs which is true already.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Honorverse