Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarryKirk, Bing [Bot], cthia, Google [Bot], pablopinzone, SWM and 12 guests

Attack on Cathy Montaigne's Estate

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Attack on Cathy Montaigne's Estate
Post by securityman31   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:23 pm

securityman31
Midshipman

There are several references in some of the latter books about an attack against Anton and Cathy at her estate in retaliation of their actvities against Manpower. I have read all of the novels and short stories at least twice and I don't remember ever reading an account of that attack. Did I miss a short story somewhere? Last I knew there were five Worlds of Honor books.
Re: Attack on Cathy Montaigne's Estate
Post by Duckk   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Duckk

It's never directly shown, only mentioned in passing.
Post by Thirdbase   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:07 am

Thirdbase
Admiral

Duckk wrote:It's never directly shown, only mentioned in passing.

And one of the most asked about untold stories in the entire Honorverse.
------------
runsforcelery wrote:
Thirdbase wrote:I think that was the next novel.

Allow me to demonstrate my concision, brevity, and economy of phrase:

"Smart alec!" ;p
Post by kzt   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Thirdbase wrote:And one of the most asked about untold stories in the entire Honorverse.

Hence you'll NEVER see it. ;-)
Post by waddles for desert   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 am

waddles for desert
Admiral

kzt wrote:
Thirdbase wrote:And one of the most asked about untold stories in the entire Honorverse.

Hence you'll NEVER see it. ;-)

Brian Herbert seems to be proof in progress that everything gets written eventualy if there is a hint of a market.

How many kids does DW have?

What author who is young now would you want to see ghost the project?
Post by kzt   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:10 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

waddles for desert wrote:What author who is young now would you want to see ghost the project?

Young is the problem. All the people I can think of who would do what is likely to be essentially continuous mayhem are not young. Ringo, Barnes, Drake, Stirling would all do it well, but none of them can legitimately be termed "young".
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:18 am

Michael Everett
Rear Admiral

The attack on Cathy Montaigne's estate seems something like a noodle incident to me...

However, we know the outcome, we know the setup and we know the primary movers. We may lack the details, but if you want bad guys getting killed, check out "From The Highlands". Several of the same characters were involved, after all.

I admit that details would be nice, but since we already have so much of the picture from the comments already made and out knowledge of the people involved, I think we can pretty much deduce what happened.

But don't let this put you off.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless,
And even do my own artwork.
Post by securityman31   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:36 am

securityman31
Midshipman

Yeah, it's true I know the players and the outcome but the truth is I'm so completely hooked on the charactors and the drama I'd read it anyway; just like sometime in the next few months I'll pick up "On Basilisk Station" again and start reading the entire series again. Am I obsessive?
Post by Ensign Re-read   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Ensign Re-read
Captain of the List

securityman31 wrote:Yeah, it's true I know the players and the outcome but the truth is I'm so completely hooked on the charactors and the drama I'd read it anyway; just like sometime in the next few months I'll pick up "On Basilisk Station" again and start reading the entire series again. Am I obsessive?

nope
=====
The Celestia "addon" for the Planet Safehold and the Kau-zhi star system, are now available at: http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/~seb/celestia/weber/.
=====
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68506297@N ... 740128635/
=====
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:53 pm

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

Ensign Re-read wrote:
securityman31 wrote:Yeah, it's true I know the players and the outcome but the truth is I'm so completely hooked on the charactors and the drama I'd read it anyway; just like sometime in the next few months I'll pick up "On Basilisk Station" again and start reading the entire series again. Am I obsessive?

nope

While I agree with Ensign re-read makes you wonder about the validity of the thought in comparison to normal society.

Or any of us that a frequent posters here are impartial judges. :-) Or someone that you want to measure against at least<Very Big Grin>.
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"

Return to Honorverse