Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Theemile and 35 guests

Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV role?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV rol
Post by Cheopis   » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:52 am

Cheopis
Vice Admiral

Bohica wrote:To all of you who have been offended by my reply, I apologize.

The initial reply to my first post just came across (to me) as someone saying, "You know better than to mention that name here," or something to that effect. Especially that "thread killer" comment.

I didn't know that name was taboo here. Sorry.

Ya a couple of the posts in this thread could probably have been worded a little better perhaps, but hang around here long enough to get involved in a debate on high energy physics, weapons systems, and conservation of energy related topics as they apply to Honorverse starships, and you will probably see some really borderline comments, LOL.

Most of us try to keep the conversations civil, but it's so easy in a forum environment to phrase something so that another person reads it with unintended inflections.
Post by J.D.SKULL   » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:51 pm

J.D.SKULL
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Cheopis you should have cited the BC(P) thread as example. But back to topic. Sigorney Weaver would to good HH. She has good voice and any HH movie would have to be CGA. So age wouldn't matter.
Post by Vince   » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

J.D.SKULL wrote:Cheopis you should have cited the BC(P) thread as example. But back to topic. Sigorney Weaver would to good HH. She has good voice and any HH movie would have to be CGA. So age wouldn't matter.

Or for an even better example: TWTMNBN!
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by JeanGill   » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:56 am

JeanGill
Midshipman

Might I suggest either Sasha Barres or Kelly Hu as
Honor Harrington in Movie. I did like the Sigourney Weaver suggestion. I think she could pull it off. If you keep in mind her Alien performances.
I also could see this done with the Animation used in AVATAR.
Post by Nightfox   » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:26 am

Nightfox
Midshipman

Bohica wrote:
Nightfox wrote:Angelina Jolie will never be Honor Harrington. David has stated many years ago that she will never be Honor, I believe it is even to be included in the contract for any production of Honor Harrington on the big or small screen.

It's a long explanation for why, and it pretty much one of those "Kill this thread now" things when she gets mentioned.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but try to understand this:

A) Not everyone knows/knew the information stated above.

B) I am NOT casting people for the role, and I'm pretty sure you are not either.

C) I simply stated who I personally felt could do the role justice (hypothetically), and asked that others state their choices. I never stated nor implied that she was the only one who could do it.

If, in fact, David does not like her or has some kind of problem with her, well, that doesn't mean others cannot have opinions of their own, even if they don't match his choice.

Sorry if I came across a bit overly harsh on the reply to that one. I was trying to be informative as opposed denigrating. It happens to be a topic that has been brought up a lot on other locations, which are not here, much to the displeasure of Weber.

That being said, she is also getting a bit long in the tooth to be playing Honor. Especially considering that if we want to start with OBS we need a late Teenager for the role (thank you prolong), which would also make the networks happy as they could cast to a younger audience. She would actually be the right age (but not size) To play Allison.

ps. My personal thought on the matter has always been "Dang, we can't use or suggest her as she would be perfect in the role."

again, sorry about being so quick to shoot it down.

Nightfox
Post by Nightfox   » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:37 am

Nightfox
Midshipman

Bohica wrote:To all of you who have been offended by my reply, I apologize.

The initial reply to my first post just came across (to me) as someone saying, "You know better than to mention that name here," or something to that effect. Especially that "thread killer" comment.

I didn't know that name was taboo here. Sorry.

It's alright Bohica, as I said, my reply could have been better, and you realistically could not have known. Heck, I would be taken aback as well if the second post I made to a new forum (I think it was your second) got jumped negatively in the first reply posting. I did look after and didn't see anything thing in the FAQ about that name being a landmine for this sort of topic, so you also got the joy of stepping on the big unseen landmine hidden in this topic.

Sorry that I stepped a bit on your toes there.

Nightfox
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:53 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Tilda Swansen? She has the height, the poise and the living style.

Or is this suggestion the posting version of a hand grenade?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Nightfox   » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 am

Nightfox
Midshipman

Michael Everett wrote:Tilda Swansen? She has the height, the poise and the living style.

Or is this suggestion the posting version of a hand grenade?

I think Tilda Swinton would be an interesting choice for a movie version. She can definitely act, which would be nice :)

I think considerations of age would not be done in a movie version, so her age would not be an issue. In a show they could explain about prolong fairly early and easily, but in a movie they would need to run with an older actress to make a believable starship captain.

Nightfox
Post by J.D.SKULL   » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:04 pm

J.D.SKULL

You will never find enough young teens that are good enough actors to make it live action. And remember Harry Potter? Ron was 16 yrs and short in book. In movie he was 30 yrs and 6'8". Teens grow up fast. HH movie has to be CGA.
Post by Bohica   » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Bohica

Nightfox wrote:It's alright Bohica, as I said, my reply could have been better, and you realistically could not have known. Heck, I would be taken aback as well if the second post I made to a new forum (I think it was your second) got jumped negatively in the first reply posting. I did look after and didn't see anything thing in the FAQ about that name being a landmine for this sort of topic, so you also got the joy of stepping on the big unseen landmine hidden in this topic.

Sorry that I stepped a bit on your toes there.

Nightfox

Aw, I overreacted a bit there too.

ACTUALLY, it was my 1st AND 2nd posts. I had started out by posting it in the wrong section, then copied it here (I went and deleted the other thread).

I lost all my paperbacks of the stories, but thanks to the fifth imperium, I am able to read them all over again.

I'm really sorry David has a problem/doesn't like her. I can't help it, but she is who I have always mentally pictured as Honor.

So, of course, I mention the one name that is a no-no! Some days...

Return to Honorverse