Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 43 guests

Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV role?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV rol
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:55 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Another piece of evidence that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Redheads are definitely in the eye of the beholder. My cup o' red tea may not be yours, and vice versa. LOL

The previous post is a rather candid photo of Julianne w/o the magic of makeup, in her older years. IOW, now. She looked much better before... the lack of prolong caught up with her...

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:58 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Another piece of evidence that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Redheads are definitely in the eye of the beholder. My cup o' red tea may not be yours, and vice versa. LOL

That's a rather candid photo of Julianne w/o the magic of makeup, in her older years. IOW, now. She looked much better before... the lack of prolong caught up with her.

Charlize Theron in Atomic Blonde kind of sums up Eloise in a nutshell.
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:09 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
cthia wrote:Another piece of evidence that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Redheads are definitely in the eye of the beholder. My cup o' red tea may not be yours, and vice versa. LOL

That's a rather candid photo of Julianne w/o the magic of makeup, in her older years. IOW, now. She looked much better before... the lack of prolong caught up with her.

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE! Pipe down a bit there Peter!
  • Charlize Theron
  • Atomic Blonde
  • nutshell
are three dangerous concocktions to mix together!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
PeterZ wrote:

• Charlize Theron
  • Atomic Blonde
  • nutshell

Julianne Moore is just too ....soft.. around the edges to play Eloise well.
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:15 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
PeterZ wrote:

• Charlize Theron
  • Atomic Blonde
  • nutshell
PeterZ wrote:Julianne Moore is just too ....soft.. around the edges to play Eloise well.

I know what you mean, but that might make her more perfect for the role. Disarmingly soft, sensual and beautiful. Then... BAM!

Post by pappilon   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:57 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:
cthia wrote:GREAT BALLS OF FIRE! Pipe down a bit there Peter!
  • Charlize Theron
  • Atomic Blonde
  • nutshell
PeterZ wrote:Julianne Moore is just too ....soft.. around the edges to play Eloise well.

I know what you mean, but that might make her more perfect for the role. Disarmingly soft, sensual and beautiful. Then... BAM!

Tatiana Maslany as a blonde is passable, and young enough, though no smashing beauty. She definitely has the acting chops to pull off the role. But she'd be good in any of the other captainy roles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:37 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Rose, surely you do realize that the intense search spearheaded and supported by the male species in the forum to find you an Eloise is purely meant to save our very own Gal sent by God to play Honor, from being... misappropriated? :geek:

Post by robert132   » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:10 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:
  • Charlize Theron
  • Atomic Blonde
  • nutshell

I know what you mean, but that might make her more perfect for the role. Disarmingly soft, sensual and beautiful. Then... BAM![/quote]

Well there you go then! Thumbs up!

Of course there's always a pool of underemployed supermodels looking for work, maybe you guys could find Eloise or Honor or Mike or ... on the pages of Sports Illustrated. :lol:

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Rose, surely you do realize that the intense search spearheaded and supported by the male species in the forum to find you an Eloise is purely meant to save our very own Gal sent by God to play Honor, from being... misappropriated? :geek:

Pshaw. You need to protect Gal's grandchildren at the rate any known movie or TV series is progressing. :cry:
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:43 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

cthia wrote:Rose, surely you do realize that the intense search spearheaded and supported by the male species in the forum to find you an Eloise is purely meant to save our very own Gal sent by God to play Honor, from being... misappropriated? :geek:

Hey, if one of y'all manage to come up with a contender, the more power to you - and the better for me! I really can't lose here. :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."

Return to Honorverse