Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 41 guests

Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV role?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV rol
Post by cthia   » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:03 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:Since this thread has been re-awakened, I have a suggestion for Queen Elizabeth III: Jasmine Breinburg. You may remember her as the girl who lost her phone in the 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony. Since getting that big break, she has done some serious acting.

Excellent cast! And she's drop-dead gorgeous. Especially when I imagine the rapport between her and Michelle.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by RogueWarrior   » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:32 am

RogueWarrior
Ensign

cthia wrote:
dscott8 wrote:Since this thread has been re-awakened, I have a suggestion for Queen Elizabeth III: Jasmine Breinburg. You may remember her as the girl who lost her phone in the 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony. Since getting that big break, she has done some serious acting.

Excellent cast! And she's drop-dead gorgeous. Especially when I imagine the rapport between her and Michelle.

About 1000 shades too light in the skin.
Post by dscott8   » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:22 am

dscott8
Commodore

RogueWarrior wrote:About 1000 shades too light in the skin.

Not really. There's a passage (I'm too lazy to go look up the reference right now) where W.E.B. DuHavel is explaining the long-forgotten concept of "racism", and he mentions that Elizabeth is much lighter-skinned than her cousin Michele Henke.
Post by MAD-4A   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:23 pm

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

dscott8 wrote:Not really. There's a passage (I'm too lazy to go look up the reference right now) where W.E.B. DuHavel is explaining the long-forgotten concept of "racism", and he mentions that Elizabeth is much lighter-skinned than her cousin Michele Henke.

Actually it was about 'slavery' and everybody gasped at his description of 'African slaves' as describing the queen but he corrected that she was lighter, and (yes) he mentions that they were more like Michelle - so Queen/Empress Elisabeth should be more like {Hindu - not North American}Indians with Black/African features.
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.
Post by jchilds   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:33 pm

jchilds
Captain of the List

Shaunette Renée Wilson from The Resident(TV) or Ann Ogbomo from Krypton might be options for Michelle Henke.
Post by edgeworthy   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Has anyone suggested Amy Jackson?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Jackson

Return to Honorverse