Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Robert_A_Woodward and 52 guests

Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV role?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV rol
Post by yannosh   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:56 pm

yannosh
Commander

I said this quite a few times already, and I'll say it again.
If you can, get Will Wheaton for Tom Teisman.
I honestly can't imagine anyone else in that role.
=-.--.--.*.--.--.-=

Ceterum censeo Foedam solariam delendam esse.

Even the best in the world cannot measure up to a dozen highly motivated good-enoughs.
Post by capeace   » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:09 am

capeace
Midshipman

MaxxQ wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:How about Jewel Staite for Abigail Hearns?

OTOH, I could actually see a case being made for her to play Shannon Foraker.

I LOVE this idea! Jewel would make an absolutely fantastic Shannon Foraker!
Post by MAD-4A   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:52 pm

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

I think Matt Smith (Dr. Who) might make a good Victor Cachat.
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.
Post by MAD-4A   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:00 pm

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

davewasthere wrote:I'd love to see a long running TV series and have had Tamsin Greig in mind for the role of Honor.

She's at least the character who plays Honor in my mental image while reading the books. I think she could pull it off nicely too.

Not really the right face - Honor has more Asian features, also too old – remember, Honor may be older but she’s a prolong maybe someone late 20's - early 30's depending on the time frame.
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:45 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

MAD-4A wrote:I think Matt Smith (Dr. Who) might make a good Victor Cachat.

You. I like you.

MAD-4A wrote:
davewasthere wrote:I'd love to see a long running TV series and have had Tamsin Greig in mind for the role of Honor.

She's at least the character who plays Honor in my mental image while reading the books. I think she could pull it off nicely too.

Not really the right face - Honor has more Asian features, also too old – remember, Honor may be older but she’s a prolong maybe someone late 20's - early 30's depending on the time frame.

...I have nothing to add that hasn't been said here.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Cheopis   » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:23 pm

Cheopis
Vice Admiral

Sorry to necro this, (well, not really sorry, but it IS an old thread.)

It's been a while since I've considered who would be good to play Honor in a movie. I also have absolutely no clue where the Honorverse movie situation stands right now, so if I've missed an announcement about the movie no longer being in the works, whoops.

So, back to the point. I went to a movie recently, and was pleasantly surprised to see DC actually do another good, solid movie.

While watching the movie, I realized that Gal Gadot from the Wonder Woman movie would make a very good Honor. She has the build, the physicality, the general looks, and the stage presence to be a commander.

Of course, after her performance in Wonder Woman, chances are very good that she would be too expensive to hire to do an Honorverse movie.

And, of course, if things have been moving along while I haven't been paying attention, and there will be a Honorverse film, an actress has almost certainly already been chosen to play Honor.
Post by d-eye   » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:46 am

d-eye
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Cheopis wrote:Sorry to necro this, (well, not really sorry, but it IS an old thread.)

It's been a while since I've considered who would be good to play Honor in a movie. I also have absolutely no clue where the Honorverse movie situation stands right now, so if I've missed an announcement about the movie no longer being in the works, whoops.

DOA.
Post by ldwechsler   » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:11 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

d-eye wrote:
Cheopis wrote:Sorry to necro this, (well, not really sorry, but it IS an old thread.)

DOA.

Hardly matters. First of all, I would take the gal who plays Bernadette on Big Bang Theory...the tiny blonde with a high pitched voice if we got a TV series.

Second, most of the casting is a waste. The cast will be made up of people we never heard of. Except for Honor, no one has that big a part. Add to that, the parts with a few exceptions, show up only here and there.

Alistair is in the first two books and disappears for a few of the books and then appears sporadically, for example. Mike Henke is briefly seen as Honor's XO and then seen for only a bit until the whole thing breaks up the way the books do.
Post by cthia   » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:10 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'm warning you people. You're really starting to piss Honor off. She's getting that telltale tick again. LOL

One more time for you stubborn naysayers. Will the real Honor Harrington...

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please! ... stand up!

That gal is fine as wine. So fine I'd rather put her in a wine glass and... connoisseur.

I'll repost what I did about Gal Gadot in another thread...

I saw the new Wonder Woman movie. FANTASTIC!

Gal Gadot certainly is a wonder of a woman! She pulls it off flawlessly. The director deserves many accolades! OMG!

I once personally picked her to play Honor Harrington in a thread floating about somewhere. I was sure of that casting then. Moreso now! What a wonderful Honor Harrington Gal Gadot would make.

Her Israeli roots create the much needed exotic look one would come to expect from a Sphinxian.

Gal Gadot is Hollywood’s newest “IT” girl and her breakthrough performance as Wonder Woman is making everyone pay attention.

A former Miss Israel and Gucci Model was a combat instructor in the Israeli Army before she took up acting.

She has the credentials—military training—for the role, to boot.

EWW! STOP LICKING THE SCREEN!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by AJKohler   » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:24 am

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

cthia wrote:I'm warning you people. You're really starting to piss Honor off. She's getting that telltale tick again. LOL

One more time for you stubborn naysayers. Will the real Honor Harrington...

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

please! ... stand up!

That gal is fine as wine. So fine I'd rather put her in a wine glass and... connoisseur.

I'll repost what I did about Gal Gadot in another thread...

I saw the new Wonder Woman movie. FANTASTIC!

Gal Gadot certainly is a wonder of a woman! She pulls it off flawlessly. The director deserves many accolades! OMG!

I once personally picked her to play Honor Harrington in a thread floating about somewhere. I was sure of that casting then. Moreso now! What a wonderful Honor Harrington Gal Gadot would make.

Her Israeli roots create the much needed exotic look one would come to expect from a Sphinxian.

Gal Gadot is Hollywood’s newest “IT” girl and her breakthrough performance as Wonder Woman is making everyone pay attention.

A former Miss Israel and Gucci Model was a combat instructor in the Israeli Army before she took up acting.

She has the credentials—military training—for the role, to boot.

EWW! STOP LICKING THE SCREEN!

I'm not licking the screen, I'm drooling on my keyboard. But I'll sign on to this one in a heartbeat. She's got an exotic look, she's tall enough to work with, she projects an air of physical ability - Gawd! Why didn't I think of her the moment I saw her? Thank you!
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969

Return to Honorverse