Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV role?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Who would make a good Honor Harrington in a Movie/TV rol
Post by orang   » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:22 pm

orang
Midshipman

john964 wrote:Here is a new one for Honor, How about Grace Park fro HI 5 O.

(long time lurker - first post, Hi everyone)

Is that Boomer from the new Battlestar Galactica? I can see that.

Unfortunately for me I've always seen Honor as an amalgam:

Gabrielle Reese's in the body and a dark haired Rene Russo in the face (beautiful without being "pretty")

I can't think of a single current actress who embodies HH very well, although Rebecca Romjin comes close in body type. Broad shoulders, tall, good physical presence.
Post by john964   » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:20 pm

john964
Commodore

orang wrote:
john964 wrote:Here is a new one for Honor, How about Grace Park fro HI 5 O.

(long time lurker - first post, Hi everyone)

Is that Boomer from the new Battlestar Galactica? I can see that.

Unfortunately for me I've always seen Honor as an amalgam:

Gabrielle Reese's in the body and a dark haired Rene Russo in the face (beautiful without being "pretty")

I can't think of a single current actress who embodies HH very well, although Rebecca Romjin comes close in body type. Broad shoulders, tall, good physical presence.

Yes it is Boomer
Post by Bohica   » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:56 am

Bohica
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

dscott8 wrote:Here's another one I cast in my head every time I read about him. As Victor Cachat, Sean Maher (Dr. Simon Tam in Firefly):

Wow! I really didn't know that much about Victor Cachat before, but I'm currently reading Crown of Slaves (I'm only up to the aftermath of the attack on "The Wages of Sin" so far).

Being a fan of the "Firefly" series myself (got the whole season and both versions of the movie on DVD) and having seen Sean Maher in the role of Dr. Simon Tam, I have to agree; he would be perfect for the part!
Post by npadln   » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:10 pm

npadln
Commander

My apologies if I'm double posting but how about Sandrine Holt? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002142/
Post by dscott8   » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:37 am

dscott8
Commodore

Bohica wrote:
dscott8 wrote:Here's another one I cast in my head every time I read about him. As Victor Cachat, Sean Maher (Dr. Simon Tam in Firefly):

Wow! I really didn't know that much about Victor Cachat before, but I'm currently reading Crown of Slaves (I'm only up to the aftermath of the attack on "The Wages of Sin" so far).

Being a fan of the "Firefly" series myself (got the whole season and both versions of the movie on DVD) and having seen Sean Maher in the role of Dr. Simon Tam, I have to agree; he would be perfect for the part!

You really want to know Cachat, read the short story "Fanatic". He actually explains himself a bit toward the end.
Post by namelessfly   » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:46 pm

namelessfly

How about Christina Lokan, the babe who kicked Arnold's ass in T3? Die her hair jet black.
Post by Cheopis   » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:21 am

Cheopis
Vice Admiral

namelessfly wrote:How about Christina Lokan, the babe who kicked Arnold's ass in T3? Die her hair jet black.

Can't recall having seen Lokan in any other roles (I'm not a big popular entertainment follower)

She'd definitely be spot on for any action sequences where Honor is in "Salamander" mode. (The pistol duel, the sword duel, Beating the snot out of Houseman, or a few other scenes.) I have a harder time imagining this actor in the social roles that Honor would need portrayed.
Post by Cirdan   » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:00 am

Cirdan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

npadln wrote:My apologies if I'm double posting but how about Sandrine Holt? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002142/

Great pick, actually. She fits the description almost perfectly... a bit old, maybe, but on the other hand I don't think it would be a good idea to implement prolong as it was described in the books and the infodumps anyway. Too cumbersome to explain, and distracting from the story.
Post by nrellis   » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:28 am

nrellis
Captain (Junior Grade)

I've posted this before, but it no longer seems to be here

Stephanie Jacobsen who played Kendra Shaw in BSG: Razor is ideal for HH as she has the right ethnic mix

and as Alison Harrington, Zhang Ziyi from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
--------------------------------------------------

"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." Socrates.
Post by jthoma8318   » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:36 pm

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

For Hamish I think George Clooney would be great. He can definetley cary off the superior attitude Hamish shows, LOL

nrellis wrote:I've posted this before, but it no longer seems to be here

Stephanie Jacobsen who played Kendra Shaw in BSG: Razor is ideal for HH as she has the right ethnic mix

and as Alison Harrington, Zhang Ziyi from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Return to Honorverse