Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], W3C [Validator] and 154 guests

Wormhole transit commands between the Captain and Engineer

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Wormhole transit commands between the Captain and Engine
Post by Mycall4me   » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:24 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Jonathan_S wrote:
munroburton wrote:If you haven't read them yet, note that Insurrection is chronologically the last story although it was published first.

Well, the last story David Weber contributed to. His co-author went on to much later write some additional stories set after Insurrection; though I fell off reading those at some point.

Better yet ask me which Weber books I haven't read. Oh wait, that would be none. I've read, and re read (many, many times over) all of his books. In fact, I'm currently re reading the Honor books (in honor of Toll of Honor) I'm currently wading through Shadow of Victory, which was my least favorite (except for Scotty's battle scene) And looking forward to UH.

And also, yes I agree the ones after RFC dropped out were almost unreadsble, at least by me.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:28 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

@tlb. Just reread the thread. I landed a 767 safely on my first simulator flight, as did a number of others, when doing our service's version of the Crusher, it was introduced as both a fun outing and a secret test.
Seemed dead easy, keep the nose up and throttle back to let it settle into place.
Post by tlb   » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:36 am

tlb
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:@tlb. Just reread the thread. I landed a 767 safely on my first simulator flight, as did a number of others, when doing our service's version of the Crusher, it was introduced as both a fun outing and a secret test.
Seemed dead easy, keep the nose up and throttle back to let it settle into place.

Then I hope that you, or someone as skilled as you, are aboard if that ever becomes a problem. But first, the locked door will have to be forced open.
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:37 am

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:Then I hope that you, or someone as skilled as you, are aboard if that ever becomes a problem. But first, the locked door will have to be forced open.

The purser has a code to open the door. They can override from the inside to prevent the door opening, but that presupposes they are conscious in the first place.
Post by tlb   » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:44 am

tlb
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:Then I hope that you, or someone as skilled as you, are aboard if that ever becomes a problem. But first, the locked door will have to be forced open.

ThinksMarkedly wrote:The purser has a code to open the door. They can override from the inside to prevent the door opening, but that presupposes they are conscious in the first place.

Curses, foiled again. Yes, you are correct.

Return to Honorverse