Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 141 guests

Edward Saganami Trilogy

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Edward Saganami Trilogy
Post by CaptainPerseus   » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:51 am

CaptainPerseus
Ensign

A while back I believe I read somewhere that RFC and Jacob Holo were planning a collaborative Honorverse trilogy, this one about Edward Saganami, and I'm curious if anyone has heard anymore about it? Like if they've started working on it, etc.
Re: Edward Saganami Trilogy
Post by Theemile   » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:44 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

CaptainPerseus wrote:A while back I believe I read somewhere that RFC and Jacob Holo were planning a collaborative Honorverse trilogy, this one about Edward Saganami, and I'm curious if anyone has heard anymore about it? Like if they've started working on it, etc.

A friend passed me this last week from David's facebook page:

I mentioned elsewhere that Marisa Wolf has fallen into the clutches of the Honorverse. And I’ve also mentioned that Jan Kotouč will be writing the story of Mark Sarnow & Company in Sunny Silesia.
What I cannot for the life of me recall is whether or not I’ve mentioned that Jacob Holo will be doing the life of Edward Saganami. At the moment, it’s a trilogy, but this IS Baen we’re talking about.
Oh, and the other Toni-approved project somewhere down the road will be another Marisa project involving three ladies named Alicia, Tisiphone, and Megaera and the two books I have planned out but have never gotten written.
Yet.

So this is a "current" update... just no detail (or time frame)
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by justdave   » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:15 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Theemile wrote:
CaptainPerseus wrote:A while back I believe I read somewhere that RFC and Jacob Holo were planning a collaborative Honorverse trilogy, this one about Edward Saganami, and I'm curious if anyone has heard anymore about it? Like if they've started working on it, etc.

A friend passed me this last week from David's facebook page:

I mentioned elsewhere that Marisa Wolf has fallen into the clutches of the Honorverse. And I’ve also mentioned that Jan Kotouč will be writing the story of Mark Sarnow & Company in Sunny Silesia.
What I cannot for the life of me recall is whether or not I’ve mentioned that Jacob Holo will be doing the life of Edward Saganami. At the moment, it’s a trilogy, but this IS Baen we’re talking about.
Oh, and the other Toni-approved project somewhere down the road will be another Marisa project involving three ladies named Alicia, Tisiphone, and Megaera and the two books I have planned out but have never gotten written.
Yet.

So this is a "current" update... just no detail (or time frame)

Tom Pope attended MARSCON a couple of weeks ago but I didn’t see him until Sunday nite with Jacob Holo, my assumption is he was holed up w/Jacob working on this.
Post by Jacob Holo   » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:07 pm

Jacob Holo
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Tom, David, and I are deep into planning the first Saganami novel, and yes, we’re still looking at three books. There are a lot of technical and political details to sort out, since this era of the Honorverse hasn’t been explored in-depth before, but all that work is proceeding at a comfortable pace (Tom and I have weekly meetings to work on said details). Given the current state of my schedule, I expect to start writing the first draft sometime in late Q3 2024.

I’ve already written a Saganami short story (his first assignment as an ensign, in fact), which we used to fine-tune the character’s portrayal. David was very happy with the result, and that story should appear in the next Honorverse anthology. It’s a rather light, fun escapade that takes place before Saganami gets passed through the Honorverse Main Character Meatgrinder (tm). :D
Post by Jonathan_S   » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:44 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Jacob Holo wrote:Tom, David, and I are deep into planning the first Saganami novel

Thank you for the update.
Looking forward to the short story and then the eventual trilogy!

Return to Honorverse