Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 141 guests

Global Honorverse reading order

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Global Honorverse reading order
Post by markusschaber   » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:21 pm

markusschaber
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

penny wrote:Why would anyone want to read a series out of the order that it was conceived in the author's head???

I don't care what anyone says. I will always feel proud that I was lucky enough to get sucked into the Honorverse via a WH On Basilisk Station!

I've actually been sucked into the honorverse via audio book (german translation), on some long trips in the car - the owner of the car stated that he's listening to that book series on long travels, and whether we had any objections. We got a very quick introduction on who is Honor, and were thrown directly into the action.

So on the first trip, I whitnessed how Honor and Nimitz protected the protector against the assassins. And on the second trip, quite some time later, I listened to the two duels against Denver Summervale and Pavel Young.

That got me curious enough to start from the beginning. I'm not sure whether OBS would have brought me into the series (maybe, maybe not). But those two events together have been definitely successful, I listened or read anything from the Honorverse I could get my hands (or ears) on. :D
And those two events
Re: Global Honorverse reading order
Post by Theemile   » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:57 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

markusschaber wrote:
I've actually been sucked into the honorverse via audio book (german translation), on some long trips in the car - the owner of the car stated that he's listening to that book series on long travels, and whether we had any objections. We got a very quick introduction on who is Honor, and were thrown directly into the action.

So on the first trip, I whitnessed how Honor and Nimitz protected the protector against the assassins. And on the second trip, quite some time later, I listened to the two duels against Denver Summervale and Pavel Young.

That got me curious enough to start from the beginning. I'm not sure whether OBS would have brought me into the series (maybe, maybe not). But those two events together have been definitely successful, I listened or read anything from the Honorverse I could get my hands (or ears) on. :D
And those two events

Back when the possibilities of a Movie were a real thing, the "Where to start" conversation was a hot topic. I personally thought The Movies should have started with Honor of the Queen - with the intro being the Fearless v Sirius fight from the end of OBS being shown in a Holo tank by Adm. Covousier illustrating why Honor should be the taskforce commander for the Grayson mission.

Now, I'd like to see a series of Omnibus books, following the story lines in chronological order. like a "Treecat" Omnibus of the Stephanie Harrington Stories et al. following the Treecat stories and the stories of Stephanie Harrington (Like the SS of Stephanie on the ship on the way to Sphinx, the Sphinx Forestry service pamphlet about Flora and Fauna, etc, etc.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."

Return to Honorverse