Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 152 guests

Could someone assist me in locating that information?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Could someone assist me in locating that information?
Post by RickTaylor   » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:28 am

RickTaylor
Midshipman

I've recently completed a re-reading of "Cauldron of Ghosts," and in the penultimate chapter, there's a brief reference to the arrival of a Fleet at Mesa. I have a feeling that I previously encountered a more detailed description of this event in another book or excerpt, but due to my progressing dementia, I can't recall where. Could someone assist me in locating that information?
Re: Could someone assist me in locating that information?
Post by tlb   » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:29 am

tlb
Fleet Admiral

RickTaylor wrote:I've recently completed a re-reading of "Cauldron of Ghosts," and in the penultimate chapter, there's a brief reference to the arrival of a Fleet at Mesa. I have a feeling that I previously encountered a more detailed description of this event in another book or excerpt, but due to my progressing dementia, I can't recall where. Could someone assist me in locating that information?

Oops
I just found this in a thread on the same subject from October 2022:
Dauntless wrote:I believe Shadow of Freedom ends with Mike planning to go to Mesa but it is Shadow of Victory before she actually gets there.

sonex wrote:Thanks. I just found it in "Shadow of Victory". CH 76 and later covers the arrival of Tourville and his 2nd Fleet joining Henke on the way to Mesa.

Later chapters cover the arrival of Gold Peek's Fleet at Mesa. And then more chaos occurs on Mesa.

Unfortunately the Forum timelines that I have seen do not extend past either Mission of Honor or Torch of Freedom. The Honorverse fanwiki has the following additional dates:
1921 PD: Battle of Lovat. Admiral Javier Giscard killed. (HH11)
July 24, 1921 PD: Battle of Manticore (HH11)
October 1921 PD: Battle of Torch (CS2)
October 25, 1921 PD: An unprovoked attack upon Royal Manticoran Navy units in the New Tuscany System is committed by the Solarian League Navy under the command of Admiral Josef Byng. (SI2)
November 17, 1921 PD: Solarian League Navy Frontier Fleet Task Group 3021 is disabled in the New Tuscany System by the RMN's Tenth Fleet under the command of Vice Admiral Gold Peak. (SI2)
February 1922 PD: Battle of Spindle (SI2 , HH12)
February 1922 PD: Case Lacoön, the mandatory recall of all Manticoran merchant ships from Solarian League space, is ordered after Queen Elizabeth III receives details of the Battle of Spindle. (HH12)
February 26 1922 PD: Operation Oyster Bay (HH12)
May–June 1922 PD: President Eloise Pritchart makes a surprise visit to Manticore to negotiate peace treaty. The Second Havenite-Manticoran War officially ends with a military alliance between the Star Empire of Manticore and the Republic of Haven against the Solarian League. (HH12)
June 1922 PD Protector Benjamin Mayhew IX makes first inter-steller state visit to Manticore to sign Manticore-Haven Peace treaty on behalf of Grayson. (HH13)
June 1922 PD: Second Battle of Manticore—SLN Eleventh Fleet commanded by Admiral Filareta is decisively defeated by the Grand Fleet commanded by Admiral Alexander-Harrington. (HH13)
July 01 1922 PD: The wedding of Crown Prince Roger Winton and Rivka Rosenfeld takes place at King Michael's Cathedral. (HH13)
July 02 1922 PD: The Solarian League Assembly passes a resolution to investigate Beowulf for treason. In response, Beowulf announces a coming plebiscite about whether it will remain in the League. (HH13)
July 1922 PD: Elements of the Royal Manticoran Navy's Tenth Fleet invade the Meyers System and the rest of the Solarian League's Madras Sector. (SI3)
August 1922 PD: Manticoran Tenth Fleet departs Meyers System to invade Mesa System. (SI3, HH14)
October 1922 PD: Manticoran Tenth Fleet and Republic of Haven Second Fleet arrive in the Mesa System. (CS3)

January 1923 PD: Beowulf Strike kills millions in the largest Erdani Violation in History. (HH14)
Febuary 1923 PD: Grand Fleet moves to the Sol System, forcing the surrender of the Solarian League and calls for a new Constitutional Convention.

CS2 = Torch of Freedom
CS3 = Cauldron of Ghosts
HH12= Mission of Honor
HH13= A Rising Thunder
HH14= Uncompromising Honor
SI2 = Storm from the Shadows
SI3 = Shadow of Freedom

Note that there are no dates from To End in Fire (CS4) yet. Shadow of Freedom and Shadow of Victory (SI4) are almost the same book, because of overlap.
Re: Could someone assist me in locating that information?
Post by corinnepittenger   » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:27 am

corinnepittenger
Midshipman

Yes, I believe it's in Chapter 76 in Shadow of Victory.

Return to Honorverse