Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 152 guests

Exciting advances in supercapacitors

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Exciting advances in supercapacitors
Post by tlb   » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:12 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

penny wrote:It is better to walk away. I was sad at that encounter, because I really thought simply missed a new way to use a word.

You and I have built our relationship in the crucible of fire. No doubt. I think a lot of it was from misunderstandings. But through it all, I enjoyed our disagreements. Mostly. :oops: It fueled good discussion. I do not want someone to agree with me for the sake of. That's no fun. Neither is disagreement for the sake of. But I will never be able to stomach blatant disrespect.

There have been times when we have each gone too far; I do not know what the score board is on that. However there have also been times when I have suspected you of disagreeing for the sake of an argument.

There have been misunderstandings, but I believe that more often we had fundamentally different opinions. I do not believe in those cases either of us has convinced the other, so we will have to wait and see if RFC will provide a solution.
Post by penny   » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:36 am

penny
Captain of the List

tlb wrote:
penny wrote:It is better to walk away. I was sad at that encounter, because I really thought simply missed a new way to use a word.

You and I have built our relationship in the crucible of fire. No doubt. I think a lot of it was from misunderstandings. But through it all, I enjoyed our disagreements. Mostly. :oops: It fueled good discussion. I do not want someone to agree with me for the sake of. That's no fun. Neither is disagreement for the sake of. But I will never be able to stomach blatant disrespect.

There have been times when we have each gone too far; I do not know what the score board is on that. However there have also been times when I have suspected you of disagreeing for the sake of an argument.

There have been misunderstandings, but I believe that more often we had fundamentally different opinions. I do not believe in those cases either of us has convinced the other, so we will have to wait and see if RFC will provide a solution.

Yes you have accused me of that several times. Tlb, I have NEVER done that. I am not wired that way. It would also be hypocritical behavior for me to do what I loathe.

I simply see things differently. Exactly TWO of my English teachers said that I have an uncanny ability to become the character. My father taught me to "think outside the box, where life is."

Anyway, I promise you. I will NEVER argue a notion in storyline that I know or feel is untrue. There is too much other stuff to choose from. And it is easier to defend truth because truth defends itself.

The last subject in the ramblings thread was as obvious to me as an SD's wedge in my bedroom - with the light on OR off.

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:47 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

Why is this thread in the Honorverse forum? Isn't the Free-Range Topics forum there for such topics?

I mean at first I thought there was an Honorverse link since the thread accordingly to its title is about Supercapacitors and such things are mentioned in Honorverse tech too - but no - the thread is about real-world energy usage?
Post by Relax   » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:52 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Penny, the reason I stopped replying to you, and frankly most people in most forums is thus:

Let me say mia culpa first.

I was WASTING my life online having moronic pedantic definition shaving, so called “discussions” with you and others <<Sorry>>

This pedantic moronic most recent “discussion” highlights this perfectly, with 2 such blatant examples:

#1 You brought up about Gybe, Jive, Jibe... FROM 8, uh hem, 8! years ago. Bravo for the elephant memory but... Good Grief. I have been sailing from a young age, dinghies to 38ft sailboats and never, uh hem, never has anyone used Jibe in anything other than a NEGATIVE aspect when the main sail fills from opposite side, boom comes over, smacks you in the head knocking you unconscious flinging your stupid ass overboard where you proceed in your unconsious state to either drown or get hypothermia and die(yes even with a life jacket). Or a wave rolls the boat jibing the boom and breaks tackle/lines/pins etc when no preventer is used. Tacking is for going back and forth both up and down wind. You wish to call taccing to be Jibe.. uh.. Ok. Great. Not in my experience. No one has ever yelled, JIBEING! It is always taccing. Maybe someone does somewhere, uh ok... So? What is the point?

---> The entire definition shaving “discussion” on both sides just goes to show what a moronic bunch of idiots we both were 8 years ago and still are instead of discussing the MAJORITY of the sentence or paragraph which we BOTH, uh hem, BOTH knew exactly what the other was talking about.... <<sorry>>
Instead diverted into a moronic pedantic definition shaving ego trip to.... → “Prove a pedantic MORONIC point” about a word such as Jibe.

→ Doing the above is disgusting and COUNTER productive to any kind of relationship be it in my/your personal life of spouse, student, child, or some guy online.

#2 I brought up percentage of Cement vrs aggragate... You knew darned well I was denigrating the entire idea and yes, exaggerating

<<Exaggeration, demonstrates overall understanding of Global situation prodding the other side to display honesty/good faith/rational admittance of the exaggeration as true>>
→ You uh, displayed your “honesty” and “good faith” and “rationality” all right.

Exaggeration PROVEs A POINT at how moronic the entire premise/“idea” was to begin with. Not only that but then your latest reply showed how moronic and pedantic the derailed “discussion” by shaving the definition even tighter... “87 or 89 percent”. Or your bringing up your professional life which should have clued you in, demonstrated how utterly devoid of reality and moronic the whole premise of concrete as a capacitor battery truly is as stated in the article.

-->> Is it any wonder why I stopped replying to your posts YEARS ago? Your own professional life should have had you denigrating that article as beyond STUPID and useless.

Yes, ALL Engineering majors, yes even civil engineering<<(Grin)>> take MORE classes/credits and harder classes than any other undergraduate degree. Any other degree would graduate in 3 years under same course load as engineering students. I was shocked how late your uni actually started teaching basic engineering classes. I am sure by doing so your university discouraged, drove away most prospective engineering students who thought they were to learn about engineering and were dispirited to learn they were being SUCKED dry of $$$ and their life learning garbage with nothing correlating to engineering by forced to take physics(repeated in your normal engineering courses), calculus(which is almost NEVER used in engineering other than the most basic and simplistic equations as the calcs are all in engineering handbooks for those rare few times you do need them and certainly not used in the computer era where its VASTLY easier to use a spread sheet and have basic EXCEL, or some other solver, let alone FEA proggy solve a multi function equation by numeric permutation than to laboriously use calculus which itself is never correct in real engineering and you have to use step function insert and solve numeric solvers anyways), biology, chemistry general education classes before any real engineering courses. YUCK. All that money going to a uni, for general classes you could take in High School or Community college for a fraction the cost or free... Barf

Far as I am concerned Physics as a course subject in any of the Mechanical/Civil Engineering disciplines should be a single semester course and same goes for calculus with simplistic differential equations as that is all that is used. Chemistry should not be in said course work at all. Neither should Biology or any of the humanities be required to graduate with an engineering degree. I will say that BUSINESS or Technical Writing course SHOULD be MANDATED Freshman year for all engineering students(NOT “English”) who will live their collegiate career and post graduate career writing proposals, labs, technical briefs for the rest of their lives. I have never seen an Engineering student ever graduate with such a class under their belt. They just learn it be osmosis from their teachers/other students--> My case my father. Engineers should also be forced to take more than a single course in Economics/Statistics as MAJORITY of engineering design, maintenance, MUST be based in economics/Statistics above ALL other considerations.

Bottom line: I wanted my life back from idiotic moronic pedantic definition shaving discussions and simply removed myself from most discussions... Especially those whom I often found myself in such moronic idiotic pedantic definition shaving “discussions” such as the one in this thread with... Yes, I still slide back into old BAD habits. For that I am sorry.

Here to a better future.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by tlb   » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:31 am

tlb
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:However there have also been times when I have suspected you of disagreeing for the sake of an argument.

There have been misunderstandings, but I believe that more often we had fundamentally different opinions.

penny wrote:Yes you have accused me of that several times. Tlb, I have NEVER done that. I am not wired that way. It would also be hypocritical behavior for me to do what I loathe.

I simply see things differently. Exactly TWO of my English teachers said that I have an uncanny ability to become the character. My father taught me to "think outside the box, where life is."

Anyway, I promise you. I will NEVER argue a notion in storyline that I know or feel is untrue. There is too much other stuff to choose from. And it is easier to defend truth because truth defends itself.

As a result of the wide difference between our opinions and the occasional flamboyant style of your prose, I have sometimes believed that you were being mischievous. (Does that sound like a better way to state it?)

Return to Honorverse