Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ThinksMarkedly and 178 guests

Cataphract development history

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Cataphract development history
Post by markusschaber   » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:03 am

markusschaber
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

In general, Darius seems to be a lot less militaristic than Galton. So it makes sense that Galton had a much bigger navy, but Darius still needed some small navy, maybe even with ships just bought on the "black market" before Darius had the capacities to build their own ships. All this probably happened before the spider drive has been invented. The spider drive seems to be a Darius only technology (except the scientists on Mesa which were shipped or killed by Houdini), so the production capabilities must be on Darius, and still with insufficient capacities.

On the other hand, I'm sure the streak drive has been manufactured on both Galton and Darius, and maybe even on some orbital factory at Mesa itself (which may have been destroyed by the big blow up with nuclear detonations when the GA arrived).
Re: Cataphract development history
Post by tlb   » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:32 am

tlb
Fleet Admiral

markusschaber wrote:On the other hand, I'm sure the streak drive has been manufactured on both Galton and Darius, and maybe even on some orbital factory at Mesa itself (which may have been destroyed by the big blow up with nuclear detonations when the GA arrived).

I doubt that the streak drive was manufactured on Mesa, because it was not a secret shared outside the Onion.

Return to Honorverse