Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlb and 145 guests

new Honorverse book coming in 2024 - Yay!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
new Honorverse book coming in 2024 - Yay!
Post by bert953   » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:46 pm

bert953
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I was just on Amaxon and two new David Weber books for 2024 popped up. "Toll of Honor" and "To challenge heaven." Hooray, I am now looking forward to 2024 even though, as affects us all, it means that I am indeed another year older as well. Not saying that I have hurt myself merely sleeping, just not as spry as I used to be. Just sayin!

Anyway, looking forward to more of RFC's fabulous work. I havent been in the forum in some months and he's gone dark on youtube too. I will ckeck in every now and again for more info as the release date approaches.
Re: new Honorverse book coming in 2024 - Yay!
Post by BattleForHonor   » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:00 am

BattleForHonor

Yeah :D

I hope they will be published in German fast!

But allow me a question, I've read this some times...What is RFC?

4X Browsergame in the Honorverse?

ImageImage
Post by Relax   » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:10 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

BattleForHonor wrote:Yeah :D

RFC = Runsforcelery: Runs for celery
Runsforcelery = David Weber's name here on the forum's.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by BattleForHonor   » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:38 am

BattleForHonor

Relax wrote:
BattleForHonor wrote:Yeah :D

RFC = Runsforcelery: Runs for celery
Runsforcelery = David Weber's name here on the forum's.

Gracias!

4X Browsergame in the Honorverse?

ImageImage
Post by tlb   » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:09 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

bert953 wrote:I was just on Amaxon and two new David Weber books for 2024 popped up. "Toll of Honor" and "To challenge heaven." Hooray, I am now looking forward to 2024 even though, as affects us all, it means that I am indeed another year older as well. Not saying that I have hurt myself merely sleeping, just not as spry as I used to be. Just sayin!

Anyway, looking forward to more of RFC's fabulous work. I havent been in the forum in some months and he's gone dark on youtube too. I will ckeck in every now and again for more info as the release date approaches.

To be clear To Challenge Heaven is the third book in the series that includes Out of the Dark and Into the Light; so not an Honorverse book.

Toll of Honor has been discussed recently in this forum as being contemporary with Field of Dishonor and features Lieutenant Brandy Bolgeo after the Battle of Hancock.
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:26 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

As someone who has been enjoying Casualfarmer's "Beware of chicken" series, To Challenge Heaven made me think for an instant that RFC is dipping into the Xanxia genre...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by larrydaniels   » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:19 am

larrydaniels
Midshipman

bert953 wrote:I was just on Amaxon and two new David Weber books for 2024 popped up. "Toll of Honor" and "To challenge heaven." Hooray, I am now looking forward to uno online 2024 even though, as affects us all, it means that I am indeed another year older as well. Not saying that I have hurt myself merely sleeping, just not as spry as I used to be. Just sayin!

So excited to wait for these two new books. In what month will these two books be released?
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:07 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

larrydaniels wrote:So excited to wait for these two new books. In what month will these two books be released?

Hello Larry. Welcome to the forum!

Toll of Honor is going to be published on April 2, 2024. It's billed as "Honor Harrington Book 20" (the numbering doesn't add up; every other book is supposed to have "Honor" in the title, but book 19 was Uncompromising Honor). It's unclear whether this will advance the plot against the MAlign, fill some backstory we'll need for the future books, or both.

To Challenge Heaven is not an HH book. It's the third in the Out of the Dark series, co-written with Chris Kennedy, with publication date January 16, 2024. They also have "The Other Guys" but in that universe no one knows who those may be (yet). See the sub-forum.
Post by tlb   » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:34 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

larrydaniels wrote:So excited to wait for these two new books. In what month will these two books be released?

ThinksMarkedly wrote:Hello Larry. Welcome to the forum!

Toll of Honor is going to be published on April 2, 2024. It's billed as "Honor Harrington Book 20" (the numbering doesn't add up; every other book is supposed to have "Honor" in the title, but book 19 was Uncompromising Honor). It's unclear whether this will advance the plot against the MAlign, fill some backstory we'll need for the future books, or both.

Toll of Honor has been discussed recently in this forum as being contemporary with Field of Dishonor and features Lieutenant Brandy Bolgeo after the Battle of Hancock (That is also what the Amazon blurb says).

Therefore it is hard to see it having anything to do with the Malign, which was not known at that time. Instead it might be more about the politics around Pavel Young. So I am guessing backstory, without necessarily any relevance; unless she is a character that will be added going forward.
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:06 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:Toll of Honor has been discussed recently in this forum as being contemporary with Field of Dishonor and features Lieutenant Brandy Bolgeo after the Battle of Hancock (That is also what the Amazon blurb says).

Therefore it is hard to see it having anything to do with the Malign, which was not known at that time. Instead it might be more about the politics around Pavel Young. So I am guessing backstory, without necessarily any relevance; unless she is a character that will be added going forward.

It might jump forward in time.

But I agree, it's unlikely.

Return to Honorverse