Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 147 guests

Honorverse story published on Baen.com

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honorverse story published on Baen.com
Post by dvdscar   » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:07 am

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

A few years ago, with David Weber's permission and encouragement, I wrote an Honor Harrington short story titled "Requiem". It takes place immediately after the conclusion of the novel Flag In Exile. The original plans for publication didn't gel, and it ended up being published in Grantville Gazette Issue 86 in November 2019.

I moved on.

A few weeks ago David Afsharirad from Baen contacted me and asked if I was interested in having Baen republish that story on Baen.com. I must have been particularly smart that day, as it only took me about a half-second to say YES.

They posted it last week. If you haven't had a chance to read it, go check it out. https://www.baen.com/requiem

Read. Enjoy. Comment.

It's one of my favorites of my own stories, even if it is laid in someone else's universe. ;)

David
Re: Honorverse story published on Baen.com
Post by Theemile   » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:45 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

dvdscar wrote:A few years ago, with David Weber's permission and encouragement, I wrote an Honor Harrington short story titled "Requiem". It takes place immediately after the conclusion of the novel Flag In Exile. The original plans for publication didn't gel, and it ended up being published in Grantville Gazette Issue 86 in November 2019.

I moved on.

A few weeks ago David Afsharirad from Baen contacted me and asked if I was interested in having Baen republish that story on Baen.com. I must have been particularly smart that day, as it only took me about a half-second to say YES.

They posted it last week. If you haven't had a chance to read it, go check it out. https://www.baen.com/requiem

Read. Enjoy. Comment.

It's one of my favorites of my own stories, even if it is laid in someone else's universe. ;)

David

Thanks dvdscar! - Always glad to see more content!
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Brigade XO   » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:57 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Very good.
Post by Theemile   » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:25 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Theemile wrote:
dvdscar wrote:A few years ago, with David Weber's permission and encouragement, I wrote an Honor Harrington short story titled "Requiem". It takes place immediately after the conclusion of the novel Flag In Exile. The original plans for publication didn't gel, and it ended up being published in Grantville Gazette Issue 86 in November 2019.

I moved on.

Read. Enjoy. Comment.

David

Thanks dvdscar! - Always glad to see more content!

Now having read it - Very nice David... Very Nice.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:04 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

Thank you for writing this! I'm gonna go read it now!
Post by Garth 2   » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:42 am

Garth 2
Captain of the List

A well written story, that fitted the scene/events well
Post by markusschaber   » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:14 pm

markusschaber

Wow. This is a really nice story, thank you very much for sharing it!
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:51 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

I finished reading it last night. Thank you for the story, it was a really good one! I think you managed to capture Honor's personality really well and helping the family is exactly the sort of thing we'd expect from her.

Now we have to wonder what became of them...
Post by dvdscar   » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:12 am

dvdscar

I have plans for Timothy. :D

David

ThinksMarkedly wrote:I finished reading it last night. Thank you for the story, it was a really good one! I think you managed to capture Honor's personality really well and helping the family is exactly the sort of thing we'd expect from her.

Now we have to wonder what became of them...
Post by Theemile   » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:26 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

[quote="dvdscar"]I have plans for Timothy. :D

David

I love good worldbuilding!

Return to Honorverse