Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 158 guests

Battle for Honor - the game

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Battle for Honor - the game
Post by BattleForHonor   » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:38 am

BattleForHonor
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

The first release in the new cycle is packed with exciting updates!
The most important point for new players is the Gameplay-8.
This streamlines the early game without contradicting the fundamental goal of a calm, decelerated game without hectic elements.

However, I may have slowed down the deceleration at the beginning almost to a standstill. The early game offered too few opportunities to do anything and was
certainly less attractive than it should have been.

There are also some cool new features on the map.
The most important one is that we can now see the annual changes in system affiliation.
This lays the foundation for the planned Combat Theater, where all relevant - as recorded in the wiki - fleet movements and battles along with their results will be visible.

The releaste notes are visible under https://media.battleforhonor.de/release16.notes because with nearly 8400 charcters we break the forum :D

4X Browsergame in the Honorverse?

ImageImage
Post by penny   » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:47 am

penny
Captain of the List

penny wrote:Sorry, I haven't had an opportunity to try this yet. But it seems to be promising. Does it work on any OS? Android, Windows, Mac? It appears that it would but I'd like to ask the horse.

You also made a typo? "... and use the box launchers to sature the missile defense. Should that be saturate? I recognize saturé (French) to mean saturate in English. But the instructions are English and English speakers may not recognize the word.

Click on "look around for yourself" found on your opening post. Then look at "more pirates".

Oh! I did see "browser game" but different OS have different browsers. Different browsers do not always work with everything else. But I get it. It is a browser game. Thanks for the game and your time!

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.
Post by BattleForHonor   » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:28 am

BattleForHonor

It will be fixed with the next deployment ;)

Yeah, it works on all standard browsers.
There are probably edge cases like Vivaldi or old Operas and Safaris but chrome, chromium and firefox should be ok.

ImageImage
Post by stardust7   » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:00 pm

stardust7
Midshipman

I am playing it on Vivaldi, works just fine 8-)
Post by beveragesguide.com   » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:13 pm

beveragesguide.com
Midshipman

Hello,

I'm new, but tried to follow rules and search before asking :)

Just wanted to confirm that there are 3 games created (some unfinished) in the Honorverse, that is the result of search that I made:

Games Created in Honorverse of David Weber

The Honorverse is a science fiction series created by American author David Weber. The series primarily focuses on the military career of the main protagonist, Honor Harrington, in a future where humanity has colonized many star systems and is engaged in interstellar conflicts. While the Honorverse has primarily been explored through novels, there have been a few games created based on this popular book series.

1. Honor Harrington: The Game of the Future

One of the earliest games based on the Honorverse is “Honor Harrington: The Game of the Future.” Tabletop game was designed by David Weber himself and published by Ad Astra Games in 1997.

2. Honorverse: The Online Game

Developed by Red Horizon Productions, this massively multiplayer online game (MMO) was announced in 2011 but unfortunately never reached completion due to various challenges faced during development.
While “Honorverse: The Online Game” was ultimately canceled, it generated significant interest among fans of the book series who were eager to explore this fictional universe in an interactive online environment.

3. The Honor Harrington Mobile Game

A mobile game based on the Honorverse, it is currently in development and not yet released as of the time of writing. Developed by Evergreen Studios, mobile game aims to bring the world of Honor Harrington to smartphones and tablets.

Could you help me out and say if this is correct?

I would love to create something new in this universe, I work in a software house so there are good perspectives for mobile app, mobile game ect.

For sure I have budget to work on a few board games.

Could anyone advise me is it possible to buy licencing rights for such use? I already wrote to David Weber on Facebook, but this account seem to be not updated for a long time.

Would be really gratefull for info, cannot really start doing anyting without the licence.

Best regards,
Damian Andruszkiewicz
Post by BattleForHonor   » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:06 am

BattleForHonor

beveragesguide.com wrote:Hello,
... confirm that there are 3 games created ...
Could you help me out and say if this is correct?

Hello :)

The Saganami Island Tactical Simulator is another one, but I don't know if there are more.

It could be a good idea to split the question into a new topic, if there will follow other replies, I guess. I'm interested in the answer, too ;)

ImageImage
Happy new Year!
Post by BattleForHonor   » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:21 am

BattleForHonor

Attention, Governors, Lords, Ladies and Commanders!

The new year is incoming and there are some presents prepared for us ;)

New Release Incoming!

The last few days were of course dedicated to the upcoming vacation days, but in between there was always some time to prepare the new release.
I don't want to give too much away, but this will be a big milestone on the way to becoming a real game in the Honorverse!

In order to adequately acknowledge the enormous development of Battle for Honor, I would like to release the new features this year.

Celebrate, fellow Commanders!

I've been told from various quarters that Operation Sunflower should have been a game event and not just a statement to clean up game mechanics.

We have taken this to heart and our first event will start in the first weeks of the new year.
Further information will follow in the next few days.

I strongly recommend that any interested commander-in-chief strengthen their fleets.

Saver Worlds through superior firepower!

Strap yourself into your commander's chairs and eat enough over the holidays, you won't be able to do it in the new year!

See you in the stars, Commanders!

ImageImage
Version 17 released
Post by BattleForHonor   » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:50 am

BattleForHonor

This release introduces wormhole travel!

The main point of this are a new navigation at the map, which receives some love!
You can move your fleet as before, but the waypoints will be marked at the map and the course plot is visible.
When you start a movement the fleet will follow the planned course. It could be a little confusing to search a fleet in motion, because if the wormhole travel is faster it could
fly in a counterintuitive direction ;)

The wormhole travel will be used also from civil transport companies which are e.g. moving your stuff through the galaxy.
What is not changed is transferring resources and pops.

This is still done through statistical processes. Since most freighters weigh in the megaton range, smaller resource movements can certainly be carried out spontaneously.

Since commercial shipping naturally also specializes in passenger transport, there are usually enough day travelers on the road to cover short-term needs. Most of the time, the
newly recruited people and their families stay in the place where they feel comfortable.

All movements will be finished by tomorrow.

Gameplay

1. Doubled systems were renamed.

2. Wormhole travelling fleets are hidden for other players as before. Even when you use a terminus which has colonies from other players, they will not notice the travel.

3. The gravimetric sensor output was misleading, so it worked in my head but not outside of it.
The mechanics has shifted: The more sensor value is present, the better if the resolution of ship mass and ship amount.

Diverses

1. The star map received love, as I said.
Now we have a small legend and some more filter, e.g. for fleets with a Warshawski sail or those with only an Impeller wedge.

2. The register process is streamlined.
Next to change some interesting role-play options like the ship's prefix, you can select directly if you want to receive information mails about new releases or about the current development of the empire.

There are some pictures in the reddit post. Its slighty more convinient regarding media ;)

ImageImage
Jahresrückblick '22 & '23
Post by BattleForHonor   » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:52 am

BattleForHonor

Moin,

there is a small review on reddit for the current state of this game - in comparision with july 2022. In around 18 month this game has fully changed!
If you see this progress, think about what is possible next year at this time :)

I wish you happy holidays and hope you enjoy Operation War Harvest!

ImageImage
Re: Happy new Year!
Post by penny   » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:26 am

penny
Captain of the List

BattleForHonor wrote:Attention, Governors, Lords, Ladies and Commanders!

The new year is incoming and there are some presents prepared for us ;)

New Release Incoming!

The last few days were of course dedicated to the upcoming vacation days, but in between there was always some time to prepare the new release.
I don't want to give too much away, but this will be a big milestone on the way to becoming a real game in the Honorverse!

In order to adequately acknowledge the enormous development of Battle for Honor, I would like to release the new features this year.

Celebrate, fellow Commanders!

I've been told from various quarters that Operation Sunflower should have been a game event and not just a statement to clean up game mechanics.

We have taken this to heart and our first event will start in the first weeks of the new year.
Further information will follow in the next few days.

I strongly recommend that any interested commander-in-chief strengthen their fleets.

Saver Worlds through superior firepower!

Strap yourself into your commander's chairs and eat enough over the holidays, you won't be able to do it in the new year!

See you in the stars, Commanders!

Nice graphics! Did you do that yourself?

BTW, the game sounds as exciting as an X-rated girly bar! OOPS! :oops: Good job!

The artist formerly known as cthia.

Now I can talk in the third person.

Return to Honorverse