Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 162 guests

Coordinates for wormhole termini needed

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Coordinates for wormhole termini needed
Post by BattleForHonor   » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:56 am

BattleForHonor
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Haha yeah for sure. This is a personal project because I like slow running browsergames and I like the honorverse.

I'm working since roundabout three years at the project and I would never expect that more than a dozen people or two are interested in a browsergame for a 30 years old space opera :D It is more or less my way of calm down after work at good software engineering in opposite to the work time ;)

But I reached out for DW last year but never got a response so it seems either the wrong communication channel or he is just not interested.

*edited: clarify the "interested in a space opera" to"interested in a browsergame for a space opera" part
Last edited by BattleForHonor on Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

4X Browsergame in the Honorverse?

ImageImage
Post by Daryl   » Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:54 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Not well, not young, with little free time and many demands on the little free time he has. Is my guess.
Always been courteous to fans.
A strictly personal note I have is that the Honorverse has been remarkedly consistent, despite over analysis by the many train spotters on here.
RFC wrote a stand alone SiFi novel about three decades ago, it was a success (deservedly). Then he set out to write a series (not a trilogy).
I note that his position on relativity has shifted (now acknowledges that a 80 ton missile at 90% light speed has more energy than any conceivable warhead). He has definitely underestimated the development of IT over millennia, and a number of other minor aspects have missed their mark.
Nether the less, his consistency has been remarkable.
Hail to the Chief.

BattleForHonor wrote:Haha yeah for sure. This is a personal project because I like slow running browsergames and I like the honorverse.

I'm working since roundabout three years at the project and I would never expect that more than a dozen people or two are interested in a 30 years old space opera :D It is more or less my way of calm down after work at good software engineering in opposite to the work time ;)

But I reached out for DW last year but never got a response so it seems either the wrong communication channel or he is just not interested.
Post by kzt   » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:14 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Actually he wrote the first five books as a package. The story of how that happened is in one of pages on this website.

But yes, the consistency is amazing given how long he’s been writing this series.
Post by Fox2!   » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:33 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

kzt wrote:Actually he wrote the first five books as a package. The story of how that happened is in one of pages on this website.

But yes, the consistency is amazing given how long he’s been writing this series.

Except for "The Great Resizing". Other than that, most definitely.
Post by BattleForHonor   » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:02 am

BattleForHonor
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Yeah of cource, the series is impressing and felt pretty modern, even in the years of pseudo-AI and private spacefare.

But anyways, if someone has a good idea to refine the picture of the honorverse it would be great to hear that.

I'm also interested in more specific (and structured, of course) data for the star systems itself. There are not very much information outside the main systems, like asteroid belts, excentricity of the orbits and these kind of stuff. Inhabitated planets, the orbits distances and so on.

I would like to create maps which are fitting the honorverse but yeah, inforamtion is everything ;)

But besides this point you are invited to try it out and giving ideas for improvements for the game itself on https://www.battleforhonor.de :D
(as a little advertising)

cya,
bfh

4X Browsergame in the Honorverse?

ImageImage

Return to Honorverse