Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 169 guests

Masada: State of Affairs

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Masada: State of Affairs
Post by tlb   » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:41 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:I would think that if Grayson adjudicated AND punished violators of the Edict, then Grayson would send the Protector's Own to do it. Along with Masada's version of it.

In essence, the Protector's Own would still be protecting Grayson by stamping out this sort of evil in the galaxy. Masada, ditto.

Heck, the Protector's Own probably can handle any other system on its own except any of the powerhouses.

There was an entire thread devoted to the possibility versus impossibility of some system deciding to enforce the Eridani Edict now that the League might not be able to do so; so I am not going to repeat the arguments.

Post League Eridani
Post by cthia   » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:47 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:
cthia wrote:I would think that if Grayson adjudicated AND punished violators of the Edict, then Grayson would send the Protector's Own to do it. Along with Masada's version of it.

In essence, the Protector's Own would still be protecting Grayson by stamping out this sort of evil in the galaxy. Masada, ditto.

Heck, the Protector's Own probably can handle any other system on its own except any of the powerhouses.

There was an entire thread devoted to the possibility versus impossibility of some system deciding to enforce the Eridani Edict now that the League might not be able to do so; so I am not going to repeat the arguments.

Post League Eridani

No need to. As long as you understand the difference between "enforce" and "adjudicate".

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by tlb   » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:59 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:There was an entire thread devoted to the possibility versus impossibility of some system deciding to enforce the Eridani Edict now that the League might not be able to do so; so I am not going to repeat the arguments.

Post League Eridani

cthia wrote:No need to. As long as you understand the difference between "enforce" and "adjudicate".

What on Earth are you talking about? Did you not read your own sentence where you said: "Grayson adjudicated AND punished violators of the Edict"? Obviously "enforcement" is deciding something bad was done (adjudication) and holding someone responsible (punishment).
Post by cthia   » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:

tlb wrote:There was an entire thread devoted to the possibility versus impossibility of some system deciding to enforce the Eridani Edict now that the League might not be able to do so; so I am not going to repeat the arguments.

Post League Eridani

cthia wrote:No need to. As long as you understand the difference between "enforce" and "adjudicate".

What on Earth are you talking about? Did you not read your own sentence where you said: "Grayson adjudicated AND punished violators of the Edict"? Obviously "enforcement" is deciding something bad was done (adjudication) and holding someone responsible (punishment).

IF! Read it again!

I never imagined Grayson punishing alone. Wouldn't it be a concerted effort of the GA?

Regardless, it certainly would be poetic Justice if judgement rained down from the System of the Sword.

Hence, the ...

Pause ... lest ye be judged!

Guilty!

Do slow down and digest my posts. I spin my wheels interacting with you.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by tlb   » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:48 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:What on Earth are you talking about? Did you not read your own sentence where you said: "Grayson adjudicated AND punished violators of the Edict"? Obviously "enforcement" is deciding something bad was done (adjudication) and holding someone responsible (punishment).

cthia wrote:IF! Read it again!

I never imagined Grayson punishing alone. Wouldn't it be a concerted effort of the GA?

Regardless, it certainly would be poetic Justice if judgement rained down from the System of the Sword.

Hence, the ...

Pause ... lest ye be judged!

Guilty!

Do slow down and digest my posts. I spin my wheels interacting with you.

No, you never mentioned the Grand Allinance in this thread, instead you were talking about Grayson and Masada becoming the moral center; but here are your exact words:
cthia wrote:But fast forward to an alternate future and reality where the two systems have mended their fences and are actually allies. The union of Grayson and Masada has the potential to be a powerhouse.

Can you imagine a powerful union between two religious systems becoming the moral center of the galaxy? The system could rightfully replace the SLN in adjudicating and punishing violators of the Eridani Edict.
And then you repeated the same combination:

Note that the "IF" was coupled with sending forces from Grayson and Masada ONLY.
Last edited by tlb on Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by kzt   » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:58 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:But personally, I was thinking that if Baptists and Methodists can learn to get along -- even visit the other's congregations -- then surely two religions which sprang from the same seed can eventually learn to do the same. Without compromising what either of them believe in.

You mean like how Judaism and Islam get along, right? Sprung from the same seed right?
Post by cthia   » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:56 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:
cthia wrote:But personally, I was thinking that if Baptists and Methodists can learn to get along -- even visit the other's congregations -- then surely two religions which sprang from the same seed can eventually learn to do the same. Without compromising what either of them believe in.

You mean like how Judaism and Islam get along, right? Sprung from the same seed right?

I admit that its a pipe dream, but the thought tickles my fancy. Kicking the ruling upstairs to be adjudicated would eventually found the expression, "Take the matter to church."

Return to Honorverse