Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 134 guests

Im pretty sure I found another error

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Im pretty sure I found another error
Post by Lonny   » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:11 pm

Lonny
Midshipman

Under Downloads/Honorverse both Honorverse Timeline 2 & 3 say that "1477 PD:Stephanie Harrington makes first human contact with the native sentients of Sphinx.(Short Story: A Beautiful Friendship)" but the Honorverse page on Wikipedia says that took place in 1518. Also, the story "Letter from Stephanie" in Baen Free Stories 2011 is dated January 1519. This is a 40+ year discrepancy.

Is it just my nitpicking little mind that notices things like this?

Lonny
Re: Im pretty sure I found another error
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:41 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Lonny wrote:Under Downloads/Honorverse both Honorverse Timeline 2 & 3 say that "1477 PD:Stephanie Harrington makes first human contact with the native sentients of Sphinx.(Short Story: A Beautiful Friendship)" but the Honorverse page on Wikipedia says that took place in 1518. Also, the story "Letter from Stephanie" in Baen Free Stories 2011 is dated January 1519. This is a 40+ year discrepancy.

Is it just my nitpicking little mind that notices things like this?

Lonny
You're not the only one. There are lots of little mistakes in the books (and occasionally not to little ones).

Sometimes they get discussed here, sometimes they don't. (And the ones that do often eventually disappear; as the site doesn't maintain a full archive indefinitely.

IIRC the first print edition of Honor of the Queen at one point erroneously called Sir Anthony Langtry, Manticore's ambassador to Graydon, their ambassador to Haven.

At another point in the books I believe people pointed out that Cachat and Zilwicki were in two different star systems at the same time.

I remember once noticing where RFC had mixed up units of acceleration, giving a number that would have made sense as gees but listing it as KPS squared (so off by approximately a factor of 100)

There's even some discrepancy around the timing of the last attack on the Manticoran home system prior to Oyster Bay -- because the Travis Long stories are set a bit too late for the established timeline; and the earlier Free Brotherhood attack should have been that previous attack. Yet in the Manticore Ascendant books we have attacks on the Manticore system...

Don't think anybody's bothered to catalog all these errata; but they're definitely around.

Return to Honorverse