Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 94 guests

about the alignment (sort of spoilers)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: about the alignment (sort of spoilers)
Post by biochem   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:22 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

SWM wrote:
Arol wrote:Has ever been stated in the novels or elsewhere, unequivocal that the Detweiler’s with Albrecht as number one Bad Guy, are the ultimate villains?
I’m aware that they have been referred to as the “final layer” of the onion, and as the “centre” .
But sticking with the onion analogy, an onion usually has a heart at the centre. Is Albrecht the heart?

We have no reason to believe otherwise. Sure, there could be yet another plot twist that there is some even more secret heart inside the Onion. But Albrecht Detweiler is the direct descendent of the original creator of The Plan. His very existence is not known outside of secret circles. There has been no hint that he is not in charge. And assuming another layer does not really gain the Alignment or us as readers anything. So, unless we get some kind of hint otherwise, it is sufficient to assume he really is the center.

I tend to agree.

And as the center of the onion, the spider in the web... wouldn't it be interesting if he suddenly died in an accident? A genuine one, not an engineered one? Which son would take over? Would they all work together or would the family split into factions? Would another member of the inter layer attempt a coup?
Post by Arol   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:53 am

Arol
Captain of the List

SWM wrote:
Arol wrote:Has ever been stated in the novels or elsewhere, unequivocal that the Detweiler’s with Albrecht as number one Bad Guy, are the ultimate villains?
I’m aware that they have been referred to as the “final layer” of the onion, and as the “centre” .
But sticking with the onion analogy, an onion usually has a heart at the centre. Is Albrecht the heart?

We have no reason to believe otherwise. Sure, there could be yet another plot twist that there is some even more secret heart inside the Onion. But Albrecht Detweiler is the direct descendent of the original creator of The Plan. His very existence is not known outside of secret circles. There has been no hint that he is not in charge. And assuming another layer does not really gain the Alignment or us as readers anything. So, unless we get some kind of hint otherwise, it is sufficient to assume he really is the center.

Makes sense.
The only reason I asked, was that with the discovery of the Alignment as the true enemy there might be an end in sight, and Honor can get on with tearing the heart out of Albrecht and Co.
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:46 am

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

I think it is importnat to remember that Mesa in general and Man Power Inc. speciofically, didn't origianlly want to conquor the galaxy. The plan was to get away from Beuwulf so they could continue the genetic manipulations they had begun and Beuwolf stopped.
Leonard Detweiler wanted to contiune his dream of the perfected human, not to be a galatic conquorer. Over the centuries it was molded into its current form but its inception was to continue the perfection of man in secret

Return to Honorverse