Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], ThinksMarkedly and 43 guests

She shot him with her finger

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: She shot him with her finger
Post by Fox2!   » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:09 am

Fox2!
Commodore

cthia wrote:
ThinksMarkedly wrote:
Just because someone has collectible items doesn't mean they use obsolete weapons on duty.

Even though that is exactly what she did against Warnicke.

At any rate, I thought she preferred them because she was more deadly with them at close range. Where I imagine most of her gunfights will occur. If outside that range, something very bad has gone wrong.

I almost forgot. Another reason I thought she had a conventional weapon is because of stealth. I imagine that the HV has an easy time detecting a pulsar. Even a miniature version. But might not detect a conventional weapon hidden inside the mechanics of her arm and hand.

Warnicke's security was looking for electrical power sources as a surrogate to looking for a pulser. They weren't looking for nitrate (or dual) based smokeless powder used by her 1911. To Warnicke's ultimate regret.
Post by Loren Pechtel   » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:57 pm

Loren Pechtel
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:I always digested that as if the security agents are giving no more than a rudimentary examination. There are no high tech scanners used. Not even a hand wand.

Palace security isn't just a rudimentary examination.

[
I always assumed that pulsars should be easily detectable in the HV, even before power up. We can detect guns now with X-Ray gear.

No. We can detect guns on x-ray if they are by themselves. Take that gun and put it in a metal plate that exactly fits to it and it won't look one bit like a gun. Security will see the unidentified opaque object and investigate it.

However, with the pulsar in her arm it's not possible to investigate it. Either you exclude anyone with an artificial limb or you accept weapons like Honor's can slip through.

Heck, in the HV, technology should even be able to detect suicide bombers, even if the bombs are hidden inside the body.

Suicide bombers can be detected chemically.
Post by Loren Pechtel   » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:59 pm

Loren Pechtel
Rear Admiral

Fox2! wrote:Warnicke's security was looking for electrical power sources as a surrogate to looking for a pulser. They weren't looking for nitrate (or dual) based smokeless powder used by her 1911. To Warnicke's ultimate regret.

Yeah, she deliberately used an obsolete weapon because she realized amateur security checks wouldn't see it.

Return to Honorverse