Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Weird Harold and 5 guests

Any word on when we'll get new snippet?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Any word on when we'll get new snippet?
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:58 pm

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

Duckk wrote:Update: David got sick over Christmas and Gena was on vacation, hence the lack of response to my pokings. Probably in the next few days we'll learn if there will be a snippet or not.

Hopefully it wsn't too bad a illness but I rather doubt it(DW really enjoy's watching us flail around with his less than detailed snippets, at least I think so anyway). Hopefully the Weber's got to enjoy the holidays, especially Christmas with the young ones.

Thanks for the efforts in poking and the updates Duckk.

T2M
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Post by Ensign Re-read   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Ensign Re-read
Captain of the List

kzt wrote:
Ensign Re-read wrote:Can someone (Kzt?) please provide a link to the relevant infodump?

It's only on the E-ARC at this point. Or SITS SB3 setting book.

Oh. I've got the E-ARC. Grumble-grumble-grumble... I was trying to avoid buying the SITS books. I want a JOB!!!
=====
The Celestia "addon" for the Planet Safehold and the Kau-zhi star system, are now available at: http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/~seb/celestia/weber/.
=====
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68506297@N ... 740128635/
=====
Post by Henry Brown   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Henry Brown
Captain of the List

BTW, what book is going to begin snippeting next? Haven't seen a recently updated writing schedule.
Post by Duckk   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

You'll probably be waiting a while for the next set of normal snippets. Anthologies don't get snippeted, so the next chance of snippets would be sometime during the summer when the young adult series launches. Given how the first third or so of the book is an updated retelling of "A Beautiful Friendship", we might not even get that snippeted.
Post by Palpatine   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Palpatine
Lieutenant Commander

Henry Brown wrote:BTW, what book is going to begin snippeting next? Haven't seen a recently updated writing schedule.

Next Main Line book, A Rising Thunder..
Post by Thirdbase   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Thirdbase
Admiral

Duckk wrote:You'll probably be waiting a while for the next set of normal snippets. Anthologies don't get snippeted, so the next chance of snippets would be sometime during the summer when the young adult series launches. Given how the first third or so of the book is an updated retelling of "A Beautiful Friendship", we might not even get that snippeted.

Is there an expected release date for that?
------------
runsforcelery wrote:
Thirdbase wrote:I think that was the next novel.

Allow me to demonstrate my concision, brevity, and economy of phrase:

"Smart alec!" ;p
Post by john964   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:54 pm

john964
Commodore

Thirdbase wrote:
Duckk wrote:You'll probably be waiting a while for the next set of normal snippets. Anthologies don't get snippeted, so the next chance of snippets would be sometime during the summer when the young adult series launches. Given how the first third or so of the book is an updated retelling of "A Beautiful Friendship", we might not even get that snippeted.

Is there an expected release date for that?

Ive heard early to mid 2012
Post by rdt   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:56 pm

rdt
Commodore

It seems like the only book being snippeted now is Eric Flint's book due in April. I can't imagine we will see any regular snippets until 2012 now. Poor us. Boo-hoo.
Post by Alistair   » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Alistair
Rear Admiral

heres to DW having a swift recovery!
Post by moonkist1   » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:40 pm

moonkist1
Site Admin

Duckk wrote:Update: David got sick over Christmas and Gena was on vacation, hence the lack of response to my pokings. Probably in the next few days we'll learn if there will be a snippet or not.

Hi All, Gena here.

First, I need to make an apology, especially to Duckk. David had said that he would release a holiday snippet at Thanksgiving, but has found himself in a rather odd (for him) situation. He is between manuscripts that he can actually snippet from. We don't generally snippet from anthologies, and "A Rising Thunder" is in the process of a major editing overhaul - it looks like it will end up divided into two volumes. As one astute forumite pointed out, "A Beautiful Friendship" is taken from a short story, so it will be difficult to snippet as well.

So, David was going to write a "Special Christmas Scene" (my words, not his) with Honor, Hamish, the kids, and the rest of the bunch. This seemed like a wonderful plan, until David got the holiday plague over the Christmas and New Years Holidays. And, because he's been feeling very ill, he hasn't been out to his office to write in two weeks, thus missing the holidays completely. Now that he's feeling better, he's having to play catch-up on "How Firm A Foundation."

I'm so sorry, everyone. Many apologies.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Lewis Carroll

Return to Honorverse