Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S, ThinksMarkedly and 125 guests

How to handle unhappy former Havenites in the navy?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: How to handle unhappy former Havenites in the navy?
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:23 am

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
Shannon_Foraker wrote:Assign them to missions that aren't being one of the first group of Manties on Bolthole. Instead, assign them jobs where there are less Havenites around.

All those navies will now downsize considerably, so they don't have to put up with unhappy officers and enlisteds, unless they're really good at their jobs. They can be discharged into the reserve and allowed to take up civilian jobs that wouldn't put them in direct contact with Havenites.

Though... with the commerce picking up, that may not last long by itself either.

I thought they'd be staying the same size, in case something pops out of the blue and they need officers. I guess that's what you have reserves for. Oops.
Re: How to handle unhappy former Havenites in the navy?
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:41 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Shannon_Foraker wrote:I thought they'd be staying the same size, in case something pops out of the blue and they need officers. I guess that's what you have reserves for. Oops.

Right. The point is that an active fleet is expensive, in personnel and in equipment. They need to be smart about it: have trained reserves and capable mothballed ships that can be reactivated in a pinch, but have a cadre of active service that will carry on until the need arises.

Return to Honorverse