Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 39 guests

_A Call to Insurrection_ coming in February 2022?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
_A Call to Insurrection_ coming in February 2022?
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:16 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

At least, that is what the June issue _Locus_ has in the books forthcoming list.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Re: _A Call to Insurrection_ coming in February 2022?
Post by Theemile   » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:49 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:At least, that is what the June issue _Locus_ has in the books forthcoming list.

Woo Hoo - more Honorverse - bring it on!

Wait.... 8 months...... :cry:
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:07 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I was under the impression that all story arcs were going to dissolve into one. Perhaps I simply don't know what that means. Or rather my intel was a ruse.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Fox2!   » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:05 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

cthia wrote:I was under the impression that all story arcs were going to dissolve into one. Perhaps I simply don't know what that means. Or rather my intel was a ruse.

I would expect that to refer to the "modern" (1900-1925 PD) series (Harrington/Saganami/Crown of Slaves) series, rather than the Stephanie (Beautiful Friendship and related) and Long (Manticore Ascendant) series.
Post by saber964   » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:23 pm

saber964
Admiral

Theemile wrote:
Robert_A_Woodward wrote:At least, that is what the June issue _Locus_ has in the books forthcoming list.

Remember October
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Theemile wrote:

Rick Flair!!! Is that you??? :D

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Fox2! wrote:
cthia wrote:I was under the impression that all story arcs were going to dissolve into one. Perhaps I simply don't know what that means. Or rather my intel was a ruse.

I would expect that to refer to the "modern" (1900-1925 PD) series (Harrington/Saganami/Crown of Slaves) series, rather than the Stephanie (Beautiful Friendship and related) and Long (Manticore Ascendant) series.

Thanks Fox2. IOW my memo was a forgery and a ruse.

Jonathan! Now you see why the Peeps will always be Peeps. To me. Not too deep under their skin you can always find stripes. Something as simple as sunburn can bring them out again.

Post by Dauntless   » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:09 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

Tim Zahan has posted on FB that the book will release 1st of Feb 2022 and is available for pre-order on Amazon
Post by richardinor   » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:16 pm

richardinor
Commander

One of the cliff hangers at the end of A CALL TO VENGEANCE was what would Lisa say yes when Travis proposed. We now have the answer. Part of Amazon’s description of A CALL TO INSURRECTION states “It is a job for officers like Travis Long and his wife, Lisa to …”
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:45 am

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

richardinor wrote:One of the cliff hangers at the end of A CALL TO VENGEANCE was what would Lisa say yes when Travis proposed. We now have the answer. Part of Amazon’s description of A CALL TO INSURRECTION states “It is a job for officers like Travis Long and his wife, Lisa to …”

Well, that was the least of the cliffhangers :)

But if you follow the blurb, it says that this book will be centered on the Andermani Empire and a civil war there. Which is news to most of us... we'd never heard of such a thing. Was it fomented by Axelrod? If not, how does this advance the discovery of the Junction?

Return to Honorverse